RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could change the world...

FireSoul

Wanderer
Malaperth;645146 said:
You do realize, AB, that we will have to shoot you now for attempting to incite a riot or revolt? :p

He likes to prove a point as much as I do, lol.

Wait...that's sort of frightening.

AB, you can't ever disagree with me, the consequences could be catastrophic!

Alcyone

Sorceror
FireSoul;645091 said:
Hmm, that's rather extreme ignorance on the part of the Judge. It has been pretty much established in the Psychiatric community that pedophilia is not curable and treatment is rarely effective. Even chemical castration is not much of a deterrent.

I have personal experience in this area. I used to believe whole heartedly that all pedophiles should be tortured and mamed, and killed. However, I started working with juvenile pedophiles at a treatment center near here. These kids felt so much remorse for what they did, and worked EXTREMELY hard at resolving their own issues and making sure it didn't happen again. Alot of them where young people who had been severely abused themselves, then acted out because they couldn't get anyone to listen to them, and they where such angry, almost crazy, with emotional pain. It's a different story once they get to be adults. But if you get them to deal with the underlying issues when they are young, treatment is extremely effective. Some of these kids have went on to try and help others deal with their problems, to stop the cycle of abuse. They have dedicated their lives to fixing themselves, and helping others fix themselves.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Alcyone;645166 said:
I have personal experience in this area. I used to believe whole heartedly that all pedophiles should be tortured and mamed, and killed. However, I started working with juvenile pedophiles at a treatment center near here....

Totally different monster. Promiscuity in young females is not always an indication of sexual addiction. Usually the underlying cause has nothing to do with sex itself. It's just the means to an end. Juveniles may exhibit pedophile behavior, but the reason they are doing it has nothing to do with their brains being wired wrong. I'm sure though, that there are exceptions to this rule. I'm speaking more in terms of not all kids who might at one time pull the wings off a fly are going to end up being serial killers.

Alcyone

Sorceror
I'm just being devils advocate anyway. Unfortunately that's a side effect of the pain meds, I become alot more vocal on opinions, and look for a debate. I really respect your opinions, Fire, they are really well thought out, and well put. You give me alot to think about alot of times. Thanks.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Alcyone;645185 said:
I'm just being devils advocate anyway. Unfortunately that's a side effect of the pain meds, I become alot more vocal on opinions, and look for a debate. I really respect your opinions, Fire, they are really well thought out, and well put. You give me alot to think about alot of times. Thanks.

Thank you, that means more than you know. I think you're the first person in my life to have ever complemented me on my thinking lol. Usually I'm told I think too much. Is that even possible?

y dont we all just give up b/c you will never do much more than offer your opinion one opinion never changed anything

But on the otherhand one opinion could mean the difference between life and death so dont give up just yet keep trying you are making a difference

Dam that was awsome the best thing ive said all day:D

Malaperth

Wanderer
Opinions have change much in this world. Martin Luther King Jr. had an opinion that black people should be treated just like everyone else.

Alcyone

Sorceror
FireSoul;645210 said:
Thank you, that means more than you know. I think you're the first person in my life to have ever complemented me on my thinking lol. Usually I'm told I think too much. Is that even possible?

In my opinion, no, you can not think too much. If anything, most people think too little. Keep on thinking. Every action is first a thought, so thoughts change the world. And so do opinions, btw, if you act on your opinion of things. I had the opinion that someone should do something about trash and stuff, and my opinion inspired me to recycle, walk to more places if I could rather than drive and add to the pollution problem, and stuff like that. The opinion that people in nursing homes shouldn't have to be so lonely inspired me to volunteer and visit nursing homes. I'm only one person, but, as John Denver says, you do what you can do, and I'll do what I can do. But it all starts with thoughts and opinions. (of course I can't walk to places anymore because of the wheelchair issue, but there's other things I can do)

Alcyone

Sorceror
Everyone has their hang-ups. Usually some of the most sensitive, caring, kind people have the worst demons. Don't you be raggin' on my John. And he did not get shit-faced and slam it into a mountain. He had quit drinking, and it was an ocean he went into. My personal opinion actually is that it was suicide. One of his demons was deep depression. But listen to his songs, and you'll see where his soul really was. So deal with that, and leave John alone. :p And how can you say it's a bad quote. It's a good quote, even if you think for the most part he was screwed up.

Alcyone

Sorceror
I'll have to find where you got that info. I might have missed that somewhere, but I have alot of John sites and info and such bookmarked. Before I respond to that, I'm gonna go research it, and find out the most reliable sources.

Alcyone

Sorceror
AVweb Closeup: The John Denver Crash

and just for laughs:

MONTEREY, CA—According to a Monterey County coroner’s report released Monday, singer John Denver had a shoulder-sunshine level of .27—more than two times the legal limit—at the time of his fatal airplane crash into Monterey Bay on Oct. 12. "Our autopsy discovered a substantial quantity of sunshine on and around Mr. Denver’s shoulders, more than enough to make him high," Monterey County chief coroner Richard Bozell said. "It is my opinion that it would be difficult for even the most experienced pilot to safely operate an aircraft while high on that much sunshine." Denver, who battled sunshine addiction throughout his career, was 53. (For those that don't know. One of John's most famous songs was "sunshine on my shoulders" )

FireSoul

Wanderer
*There I made more tea*

On a totally different note, I'm tired but Dr Phil will be on in half an hour. It's must see TV. He's the most arrogant, pompous, megalomaniacal idiot who's ever managed to acquire a PHD. I like to watch and toss large foam sponges at the TV whenever he says anything stupid. It's highly entertaining AND a it's good exercise (I have to get up 5 or 6 times to retrieve all the sponges).

Joeku

Lord
FireSoul;645296 said:
*There I made more tea*

On a totally different note, I'm tired but Dr Phil will be on in half an hour. It's must see TV. He's the most arrogant, pompous, megalomaniacal idiot who's ever managed to acquire a PHD. I like to watch and toss large foam sponges at the TV whenever he says anything stupid. It's highly entertaining AND a it's good exercise (I have to get up 5 or 6 times to retrieve all the sponges).
Toss your cane, it's more affective.