RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had the chance?

Would you eat Human Flesh given the chance

• Yes I couldn't pass up that opportunity

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No, You sick Bastage

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Maybe, I dunno I'd have to be facing the prospects

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Who says I haven't already

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

NiteStar

Wanderer
There was a more recent case where a plane crashed in the Andes (?) mountains, I am really unsure if that was the mountain range or not. A Med student along with some athletes had to survive for weeks until a couple of them managed to walk out to civilization.

These guys faced some really tough decisions that I don't think I would ever like to be faced with and as a result they also faced some public scorn for their actions.

Picture yourself trapped with others, the search for you has been called off and your group is slowly starving to death, I think many of us in that situation might have thoughts about turning cannibal.

As for me I shall now go out for a burger, want to build up my fat reserve so I can postpone any decision to become a cannibal to the very last moment.

*thinks....if I am the fattest perhaps them might jump me and have me for dinner first.....such is life

**runs for a burger

otimpyre

Sorceror
Flesh

I was curious about the religious view of this question found these 2 versus in King James Bible. I looked everywhere for a verse saying that we should never eat our own to no avail. All I could find was these 2 versus.

1 Corinthians 15:39 - All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

Deuteronomy 12:23 - Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

So If it was a matter of survival? I'd say there is nothing morally wrong with it. Just as long as there was a way to cook it. But, to kill someone to eat it would deffinetly be wrong. And to eat the flesh of the dead just to taste it would be very wrong.

But, think about it. In the rare instance you were stranded without food, and a dead body.

1 You can live without eating 7 days
2 If your not in freezing weather the body will rott
3 How long would it take you to muster up the courage to carve the meat of another human being.
4 Would eating the person save you? Or only prolong your own demise?
5 Could you live withyourself?

Personally I would say No, I would not eat human flesh. I'd die of starvation first since people are not animals. Now if Im dead and your starving help yourself. But, I hope I taste like shit and you get indegestion.