RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ilutzio's Questmaker (.exe scriptwriter)

greywolf79

Sorceror
I have come across similar problems. You need to add some things in yourself. It seems to not add the gump name in and misses little things like { and } on occassion.

GreyWolf.

Astro_Demon

Wanderer
has anyone figured out this problem cause i got the same problem.
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Custom/Quest/Dark Fur Quest/ThomasOrlandoQuest.cs:
    CS1514: Line 4: { expected
    CS1519: Line 4: Invalid token ':' in class, struct, or interface member decl
aration
    CS1519: Line 4: Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member decl
aration
    CS1002: Line 41: ; expected
    CS1519: Line 41: Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1514: Line 46: { expected
    CS1519: Line 46: Invalid token ':' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1519: Line 46: Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1002: Line 47: ; expected
    CS1519: Line 47: Invalid token '=' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1519: Line 47: Invalid token ';' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1519: Line 47: Invalid token '=' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1519: Line 47: Invalid token ';' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1518: Line 54: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 63: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 64: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS0116: Line 70: A namespace does not directly contain members such as field
s or methods
    CS1022: Line 70: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected
    CS0542: Line 46: 'Thomas': member names cannot be the same as their enclosin
g type
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Grom09

Sorceror
i did in order, never closed
i get this

Errors:
+ CUSTOM/Quest custom/SnowmanQuest.cs:
CS1526: Line 64: A new expression requires () or [] after type
CS1002: Line 64: ; expected
CS1525: Line 64: Invalid expression term ')'

Code:
mobile.AddToBackpack( new Blizzard Bow( ) );

greywolf79

Sorceror
This program as stated above is a great tool but does make mistakes. Look at the first error in the lists. Almost always it is either missing a { or something with a name... When I used this to make my first quest it missed a the { and I think a } in the main script and in the main script it did not place the gump name. So you will have to make sure all the pieces are in the files when you make them, they are usually not 100% done and ready to run.

GreyWolf.

Grom09

Sorceror
ok, so i had to add the item, and the monster
but when you click for the quest, he says stuff, but then you dont have the quest when you click on yourself,
its just as anyone can do it without even talking to him, drop the item on him and get the reward
how to do the other way?

greywolf79

Sorceror
That just seems to be a thing with the quest maker. I think it is also partially the way the shard has a quest system in place... My quest that I made with the quest maker did the same thing. Only for mine I also had to make a extra piece and it took a while to get it to work right. I do not personally know any way to fix it, though I do know there is a way to make it so the quest can only be done 1 time (I think there is even a spot in the quest maker for it but there is another way too). I do not think the quest maker is the best way to do quests honestly... I have been working on one (only in rare free time) that I am just making it from other quest scripts to work with the items and npcs I want. You might want to look into doing the same.

GreyWolf.

culpress

Sorceror
Ok, I got the 1.1 Release first of all.
Where I name the .cs do they all need to be the same name? cuz I made a quest called "Lost Voices"
and everytime I saved one of the .cs weither its the gump, item, or mobile it just saves over my current cs and replaces it... So I tried saving them as different names and made 3 folders inside my LostVoices folder...
Gumps, Items, and Mobiles. I placed the following .cs in there folders, then I re named all of them to Lostvoices.cs so it would not override every time. ok and now when I start I get this error.

PHP:
Errors:
 + Custom/quests/questmaker/LostVoices/Mobiles/LostVoices.cs:
    CS0246: Line 58: The type or namespace name 'LostVoices' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 52: The type or namespace name 'LostVoices' could not be found
    CS0246: Line 53: The type or namespace name 'LostVoices' could not be found
    CS1502: Line 53: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobile.SendGum
p(Server.Gumps.Gump)' has some invalid arguments
    CS1503: Line 53: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'LostVoices' to 'Server.G
umps.Gump'

Any Ideas?

greywolf79

Sorceror
You have to place the gump name in several locations of the quest npc giver. It has been stated above in this thread. You will also need to add the quest item in a couple of spots in the npc too. When you open the script using a c# editor (something like ms c# 2005/2008 express) you will see red lines under spots... You need to fix those to get it to work. This program just helps in making the quest, does not do it all for you.

GreyWolf.

robinson;775259 said:
how can we do quests like

"kill 20 skeletons" without adding items?

The quest helper doesn't have a feature like this. If you want to create a quest where you just kill the mobiles to complete it, then you'd be better off trying to edit the npc so it can do what you want it to do.

unknownhost

Sorceror
believe it or not, this thing still works =D

it does have lil creation errors, but thus far they've been easily corrected. like first run it added a "}" where there shouldn't have been one, easily found by line error in the runuo window and corrected.

follow the directions, do the windows in top to bottom order+do not close them as you do them! you will need to have your reward item premade or plug in an existing item as the reward then correct it later.

also, avast antivirus picks up on a "win32:evo-gen [Susp]" on the initial download. I disabled avast then completed the download and did a file scan + opened the program in sandboxie to be safest, but its just a false positive on a file tagged "suspicious" not a confirmed viral .exe.