RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ilutzio's Questmaker (.exe scriptwriter)

Fixxxer

Sorceror
22Jay said:
does it work with runuo 1.o aswell?

What you could do is use the program, and then edit the scripts to work with 1.0, thats what I am planning on doing, if your not into editing then theres really nothing you can do, cause he has said a few time that its not for 1.0 and he will not do the work to make it work for 1.0.

22Jay

Wanderer
Ahh well im very good at editing in ways but im not sure how to edit from 2.0 script to 1.0 i guess i look for errors and go by that right?

Ilutzio

Sorceror
m00er said:
One suggestion... People are able to re-run quests over and over again.

Yeah, your right, i've gotten that suggestion before.
There is a simple way to change it (simple if u know arraylists. :) ) and that is: You add an arraylist that is tied ot the npc. when someone klicks "Talk" and Ok on the talkgump then his mobile ID is added to the list.
If he tries to talk again then the arraylist is cheked, and if his mobile id (serial) is on it then he can't turn in more items or talk to the npc.

But i'm not good with arraylists. =(

If anyone would like to help with an arraylist then i'd be happy to implement that function in the program. (Note: i'm not advertising or asking for help or requesting scripts. Meerly leaving a question hanging in the air. :rolleyes: ;) )

Stilgar

Sorceror
I think there is some output script upgrade needed for easy reading. and waiting for repeatable/non-repeatable quest option.

anyway its great contribution ;) thanks!

punkitten

Wanderer
This program looks really great! but im having a problem. I cant find the scripts! Its not in the folder. Also is there a way to make it so several diffrent items are needed to complete the quest?
Thanks!

Ilutzio

Sorceror
punkitten said:
ok i found the script, but now i got a otne of errors!

What sort of errors?
Can you post the errorlog?

@ Fr€€man: Good tutorial! I'll link to ur post in the first message of this thread.

Ilutzio

Sorceror
punkitten said:
There are alot of errors?
How do i copy and paste them?

Hehe, that all depends. But if you have operated each section of the program correctly, then there should be none.
(Perhaps one, depending on wich hue you choose for the NPC's clothing, i think there is a minor bug with one of the hues.)

You start the server up, then wait for the errormessage(s) to come up, then you right click the consoles titelwindow, choose Edit (fromt he menu) -> Copy.
Then you copy all the text by draging the mouse, and when you click Enter, you will have all the text in your clipboard, so you can paste the text in this thread.
Do so within <code> brackets/tags. It's the #-sign in message edit mode.

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Since i'm not developing the software any longer, would anyone be intrested in the full VB soursecode? If anyone replies with a 'yes', i will zip it and post it for download in the first post of this thread.
(A note: You'll need VB 6.0 or later to view/alter/compile the code.)

Malaperth

Wanderer
Yes, I would be interested. Also, that was recommended for me to try, but then the person sent a message saying that it was for 2.0 only. Is that true, and if so, is there a version for 1.0?

Ilutzio

Sorceror
@ Mala: The scripts only compile on 2.0. I don't know how much work is needed to get them to work on 1.0.

@ both Fr€€man and Mala: Zipping and uploading in a minute.

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Haha, it seems i released an altered source code, it's not the original code for 1.1, updating the download zip, sorry for the trouble.