RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ilutzio's Questmaker (.exe scriptwriter)

i have had a few also where they would not even drop onto each other, it is weird - depends on the graphic

also it would be nice if you wanted them to have to drop multiple things of different type i.e.
1 fire ingot
1 sulfuric ash
1 nitrate
and in return they get a bag of flash powder :)
that is a lousy example, but would be nice if it could work that way - would be easier for larger quests
(maybe if they gave them a "chest" that all the items had to be in and give back that chest - the chest changed names or something when all the parts are in there - until then he could not accept it - just an idea)

and you are very welcome on the hues and such - makes it easier for them to look different each spawn - i still go in and add in skirt, etc by hand (for some reseon though try to add in leatherskirt and i could not place the mobile at all - game me the error of needing [add name arg error - weird - so i learned not to use leather ;) )

but i see a lot of posibilities for this script, and lots and lots and lots of quests

Note to all --- if you get an error that your reward item can not be found, make sure you have all the "using server.what ever you need" in there - i went to add a rare bonsi seed --- and had to add in the plants one ;)

by the way can use arguments on the reward - just have to add them in by hand in the file of the quest person seed(24, 0 , true) will give them a rare bonsi seed of plain color and say its name, etc -- very nive for runic kits, skillballs, etc also

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Yeah, that's a good idea with multiple items that are needed for one reward. I have thought alittle about that achually and the easiest thing to do would haveto be an item that looks like a bag (but is in fact just an item that opens a gump when doubleclicked).
This "bag" would be given to player when they start quest.

You click the bag, a gump opens, you target an item and a vlue changes int eh gump, for example: Fosphor sulphate: 1.
When the sum of all the items is what the npc asked for (like 6 or sum'ting) you turn in the bag and get reward.

Would take some hours worth of scripting but i will surely consider it in the next realease!

also found something else that needs updating also (and why the leatherskirt would not work)

they (the quest givers) have no backpack, str, dex or int, so you can not add anything to them but basic clothing

so setting all 3 stats to 100 and adding a back pack to them should not be to hard ;)

I do look forward to the next release (either major or minor ones)

darksat

Wanderer
Your program is great i think but i couldnt understand how to make "Collect from monster corpse" have u got any example or can u explain me how to write

22Jay

Wanderer
No i'm sorry. =(
It would be far to much work for a version that is soon to be gone.
Im not gettin rid of it....runuo is? how much work is it to upgrade to 2.0 and if i have to rebuild shard again then screw upgrading but just wonderin what you mean thats all

Ilutzio

Sorceror
22Jay said:
Im not gettin rid of it....runuo is? how much work is it to upgrade to 2.0 and if i have to rebuild shard again then screw upgrading but just wonderin what you mean thats all

Hehe, i just meant that Runuo 1.0 (the version that is) is "moving out" so to say, not in development more, and will soon be replaced by most admins with Ruoo 2.0.
That's why i don't feel like spending many hours making a 1.0 version.

Runuo 1.0 is still a great program and you should use it atleast untill they have released the final release of 2.0, and perhaps further if you like.

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf said:
also found something else that needs updating also (and why the leatherskirt would not work)

they (the quest givers) have no backpack, str, dex or int, so you can not add anything to them but basic clothing

so setting all 3 stats to 100 and adding a back pack to them should not be to hard ;)

I do look forward to the next release (either major or minor ones)

Ahh! That would explain why they start out with zero health also. =)
I'll fix that in the next release that is soon to come!

Ilutzio

Sorceror
darksat said:
Your program is great i think but i couldnt understand how to make "Collect from monster corpse" have u got any example or can u explain me how to write

I have allready explained how to add a questitem to a monsters lootpack to another fellow. =)
Look like 7 posts up or something.

Good luck!

darksat

Wanderer
Ilutzio said:
I have allready explained how to add a questitem to a monsters lootpack to another fellow. =)
Look like 7 posts up or something.

Good luck!
Sorry because of my bad english i want to make a quest that player takes quest from NPC and quest is "you will kill 50 dragon" for example when the player kills monster he will double-click on quest paper(like bod reward) and he will target dragons corpse

Ilutzio

Sorceror
darksat said:
Sorry because of my bad english i want to make a quest that player takes quest from NPC and quest is "you will kill 50 dragon" for example when the player kills monster he will double-click on quest paper(like bod reward) and he will target dragons corpse

I see. Well, that's a custom script. For that you need a scripted scroll. My program can't do that, it only writes the basic NPC, questitem and gump.
Sry. =(

Ilutzio

Sorceror
New revision released, 1.1.
Biggest change: More Questgiver customization.
Nicest change: The logotype in About. ;)

thanks for the update, going to be trying it out today ;)

and thanks for crediting me as helping, but all i was trying to do is help out a fellow scriptor :)

Ilutzio

Sorceror
No probs! I always try to give credit to the one who deserves it. And i haden't added the randombluehue (etc) if u haden't given me the tip.

by the way - here is a list of all the random hues i know of:

Utility.RandomRedHue(),
Utility.RandomYellowHue(),
Utility.RandomBlueHue(),
Utility.RandomGreenHue(),
Utility.RandomAnimalHue(),
Utility.RandomBirdHue(),
Utility.RandomDyedHue(),
Utility.RandomHairHue(),
Utility.RandomMetalHue(),
Utility.RandomNeutralHue(),
Utility.RandomNondyedHue(),
Utility.RandomOrangeHue(),
Utility.RandomPinkHue(),
Utility.RandomSkinHue(),
Utility.RandomSlimeHue(),
Utility.RandomSnakeHue() );

there might be more - but those i do know work - i have 1 thing that selects from all of them for its hue :)

glad i could be of help

i look forward to the next release -- i love the drop down boxes (wonder why :rolleyes: )

but this makes it sooooo much easier to write simple and complex quests up (chained together ones)

i give it 6 out of 5 stars :cool: ******

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf said:
glad i could be of help

i look forward to the next release -- i love the drop down boxes (wonder why :rolleyes: )

but this makes it sooooo much easier to write simple and complex quests up (chained together ones)

i give it 6 out of 5 stars :cool: ******

=D
Tnx alot!

just an FYI -- one of the "random hues" adds in an extra ); in the script -- forget which one off hand -- but this way you know to look for it and remove it before the next release :)