RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ilutzio's Questmaker (.exe scriptwriter)

ok - great work here!!!!

I found out the hard way 2 things NOT to do

1) put a space in the quest persons name --- lots of errors - better to leave space out then modify the name in the file afterwards

2) do NOT use " marks in the gump file - i.e. then they say "Please help" -- " marks are bad -they mess up the gump

but i have made 2 quests - 1 simple one and more complex (or maybe tricky is the word)

1st one - Golden Arrow Quest -- an aging archer had his golden arrow stolen by a pack rat (he states it is worthless - just an arrow painted gold) but it was from them winning a contest, they think they saw the rat go into the ware house, etc

i use the ware house in east brit - using mega spawner i spawn 10 giant rats in each room, then i add 1 more spawner at the edge of the 2 last rooms with just 1 giant rat on it and have it carry the golden arrow

the person is place just north and west of the warehouse

reward is 25 arrows and 25 gold - modify as you see fit
I set the spawns for 1/2 hour so can not spam for gold or arrows

the 2nd one is the trickeir one to do

out side of the jewelry shop in brit (behind the bank) is a lady crying - she lost her necklace - it is worthless, but was her grandmothers. she lost it while shopping at all the stores - so can be anywhere in brit !!!
inside the jewelry store i place the jewelry fixer ;)
then in front of the backery i place a spawner for the "broken necklace" with a range of 30 - so it could be in the streets, shops, etc - fun to find

but she will not take a broken one, it can not be the right one :)
so you need to take it to the jewelry fixer, that then fixes it and does not charge you because it was so simple to fix

then you can take it to her

she gives you 25 gold and a "kiss"

again the spawn on the necklace is 1/2 hour so can not spam for the gold

the kiss when dbl clicked gives a message and disapears (how cute :p )

butthis shows how you could in therory chain a bunch together to create a more complex event

Attachments

• golden arrow.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Lost Necklace.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 69

drktemplar

Sorceror
wow this looks really great

I'm new to all this and it would be great for me. I set up the files, but how do i load them into the server to acutally use them?

Ilutzio

Sorceror
drktemplar said:
wow this looks really great

I'm new to all this and it would be great for me. I set up the files, but how do i load them into the server to acutally use them?

Did you create the three?
If "yes" then put them in a folder that you name (for example) Quest1a (watch out for spaces in foldernames and especially in scriptfilenames), then place it in Runuo2.0\scripts\. ANywhere in Scripts works fine. But it might be good to add a new folder entitled Customs and add the Quest1a folder into that.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for more support. =)

drktemplar

Sorceror
Ok, so i have the three files and placed them in \Scripts\Custom\Quest1. Now when im logged into the server, whats the command to spawn the npc?

Once i get the npc spawned, how do i set it so the mob drops the quest item?

Thanks for you help

Ilutzio

Sorceror
drktemplar said:
Ok, so i have the three files and placed them in \Scripts\Custom\Quest1. Now when im logged into the server, whats the command to spawn the npc?

Once i get the npc spawned, how do i set it so the mob drops the quest item?

Thanks for you help

AHh, now i see how you meen.
First of all, you add the quest NPC. [add Joe (or whatever you named him)

Then you add your questitem to a monsters lootpack (lets say you made Poison Dust). Here's how to do that:

Go to: \Scripts\Mobiles\Monsters\Arachnid\Melee and open GiantBlackWidow.cs.
Then find line 47, copy it and start a new row under 47, then paste the old line, so it looks like this:

Code:
			PackItem( new LesserPoisonPotion() );

Then just change the bottom line to:
Code:
			PackItem( new PoisonDust() );

Then you log in, add the NPC (Joe, or whatever :) ) and add a spawner and spawn some Black widow spider here and there.

Done.

drktemplar

Sorceror
Ok was going to see about adding the npc and now im getting a complie error

+ Custom/Quest1/DashaQuest.cs:
CS1031: Line 37: Type expected.

I attached the file if that helps at all. Not sure what i did wrong when i made the file.

Attachments

• DashaQuest.cs
    2.7 KB · Views: 15

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Ahh, there should be the name of a reward on line 37.
You did everything correct but you forgot to put something as the reward the player get when they finish the quest.

Line 37 in Dasha should look like this:

Code:
mobile.AddToBackpack( new [COLOR="Blue"]ShortSword[/COLOR]( ) );

The text in blue is where you put the reward. It can be HoodedShroudOfShadows or Sandals or Robe or anything you lik that the server recognize.

drktemplar

Sorceror
Thank you so much, i got everything working, one last question though. If i set up a orc to drop a quest item (100% of the time) will all orcs now drop this?

Is there a way to make only the named orc drop the quest item?

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Great!

Yes, that item will spawn in 100% of the Orcs of that type.
If you copy the Orc.cs and rename the file to OrcQuestMonster and every place where it said Orc in the file and THEN add the questitem to his lotpack then it will only spawn in that type of orc. In other words, you make a replica of an orc.

drktemplar

Sorceror
That worked perfectly thank you.

Now I wanted to make the orcs head as the quest item. I did that, but I have to pick a Hue and nothing looks as good as the orginal art work, with no hue. What can i put for the Hue for like a transparant Hue or no Hue, so that it will look like the orginal art work and not be colored version of the picture?

Draegen

Sorceror
some ideas for program since i been using it i like it but its missinga great quest feature

how about makeing it where you have to fetch a npc or multi npcs

cause im working ona npc save quest where the player talks to a npc he needs you to get multi npcs back to him to complete the quest

just a great feature needs added :)

Ilutzio

Sorceror
drktemplar said:
That worked perfectly thank you.

Now I wanted to make the orcs head as the quest item. I did that, but I have to pick a Hue and nothing looks as good as the orginal art work, with no hue. What can i put for the Hue for like a transparant Hue or no Hue, so that it will look like the orginal art work and not be colored version of the picture?

No hue at all: 0 ;)

how about makeing it where you have to fetch a npc or multi npcs

Yeah, that's a good idea, i'll think about that feature in comming releases! Tnx. =)

nixu_tps

Sorceror
This is sooo great.. Thank you sooooo much :)

Tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack tack! ;)

Ilutzio

Sorceror
No probs!

Slit det med hälsan, slit det med hälsan, slit det med hälsan, slit det med hälsan, slit det med hälsan, slit det med hälsan. ;)

i love it :) have used it to make quite a few quests (some i have posted) and one very long one - start out in brit and go to 7 different other pewople to get an item - each wants something in exchange :) of course the last one you have to battle for the item

anyways a couple of things:

the hue for the "top" does not get placed into the scripts, the bottom, skin and hair does, but not the top
(by the way the following work great for the "hues"
hair: Utility.RandomHairHue()
bottop (or top once fixed): Utility.RandomBlueHue() (and a few others)
Skin: Utility.RandomSkinHue()

and as a suggestion:

have it be random for the "bottom"
if male - short pants or long pants
if female - skirt, lang pants or short pants

or just make a dropdown list of the posibilities and let us choose
(can do the same for the top also then :) )

Same for the hair - a drop down list would be nice :) go by name and have the name place in the number ;)

any ways - just a couple of nice suggestions

also is there a way to have it so that non-satackable items could be dragged onto them and have them count?
reason being is that is the graphic does not support it, you can not stack the items even if marked stackable - something dealing with the way the new 2.0 works - can no longer force stacking :(

but great system as it is, my players have been loving the quests (most of the quests anyways - a couple are a little tough - but hey - they all can't be easy)

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Good points there Greywolf!

Regarding cstomization of the NPC i will add that in future releases, tnx for the randomhue tips also and for tipping me of on the corrupt tophue.

About that stackable issue; i'm not sure i understand exacly how you meen.
The 3-4 diff. items i have tested with is stackable if i choose them to be. Thou, you cannot take items from the stack, but the amount still raises if you drop a new item onto another.