RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Game Map Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorspire

Knight
What else that would be amazing too see is the freeze command does it directly in the server so no need to patch . Would be done exactly like these commands and freeZes directly on the map and client

I do believe that is the whole point in this project to begin with :/

Thagoras

Sorceror
This is a really great idea! Noticed that whilst doing this (and walking around) that you didn't fall into the hole you created. One would have to restart the client for the changes to take affect? Is this just a script doing this or is there more to it? I suppose that it might be possible to have a changes log and if a given account hasn't been updated from the last change, the changes could be patched to that specific client? I can see it being a pain for every client logged in though, if they're receiving the "patches" live.

Praxiiz

Sorceror
You can fall in the holes you create. I'll try to show that specifically in the next video. You can stand on the hills you create too.

Rhivan

Sorceror
this is very interesting... i would love to just be able to edit the map.mul files in-game so I could adjust those little areas without having to go back n forth from worldforge or whatever....

Hiring Man

Sorceror
I do believe that is the whole point in this project to begin with :/

Yes, It has the concept of changing it through a client but, what i am saying to add which is basically the same this is able to freeze static's in-game just like the maps.mul changing. So instead of doing edits like Rhivan said back and fourth for maps and for statics, jsut make it so the freeze command does exact thing. But its basically what he is doing ;)

Praxiiz

Sorceror
After 3 days of learning about PE's, PEBs, and Import Address tables, I have gained a deep respect for Zippy.
Razor must have taken forever to build. As I progress further into this project, I have realized just what an
undertaking doing any kind of client side programming is.

I am slowing making steps toward releasing this project. Right now I'm working on the client side and I am
almost to the point where I can make it work for a range of clients. (Previously it was using a client that was
edited using a hex editor and some carefully developed byte code. I intended to release a patcher for it,
but that would have restricted the project to a single client version.)

As of now, Razor will be a requirement to use this project when its released. As such, the client
side source code will not be released.

The client side will consist of a package of compiled files that will reside in the Razor folder.
I will include configuration files that can be changed on the client side, but the actual source code will remain
closed.

That being said, I fully intend to release the server side source code. This is what most people will want
anyway.

Hiring Man

Sorceror
Jeff, honest question here and i do not want to anger you in any way. But it seems a lot of your posts seem like sarcasm with like a little side of could careless type thing? Like in better term your posts are pretty cocky to others. I do not know if this is on purpose or if you did not notice or that how you speak but many of them have that sarcastic yet cockyness in them. I am sorry if this is angering or what but jsut couple thoughts i have been thinking and noticing since a while ago.

Or better term Smart ass. But correct me if i am wrong.

sorry if this is off topic just really had to find out this answer.

Jeff

Lord
Jeff, honest question here and i do not want to anger you in any way. But it seems a lot of your posts seem like sarcasm with like a little side of could careless type thing? Like in better term your posts are pretty cocky to others. I do not know if this is on purpose or if you did not notice or that how you speak but many of them have that sarcastic yet cockyness in them. I am sorry if this is angering or what but jsut couple thoughts i have been thinking and noticing since a while ago.

Or better term Smart ass. But correct me if i am wrong.

sorry if this is off topic just really had to find out this answer.
Must be your interpretation, because I was being completely honest about my comment above. The code he is writing if released to the public will destroy UO. The hacks that could be created would allow users without the technical knowledge to do things that should not be done ingame... This is why the Razor source will never be released... its a danger to the community, and shouldn't be shared.

As for being a smart ass... ya, maybe some, but more times then not, I think you are miss-interpreting me... (granted... I think I'm a smart-ass to you more then everyone else)

Hiring Man

Sorceror
Jeff yeah i know you are more to me ;) its alright just had a simple question about the responses but alright. And yeah it could destroy uo and i understand all that razor shit also. You need trust in people to live great projects for them to handle. :)

Anyways was simple question and ment nothing.

Vorspire

Knight
Wise words...
Thanks Spidey...
~
Can't it be fused with the client to works only with high plevel?

Why are you even talking about "plevel", that's a Sphere-specific keyword, we use "AccessLevel" here on RunUO, where things actually make sense ;)

Those wise words, don't need to have come from any specific source, the statement is above all, simple common sense.

Vorspire

Knight
Sorry... *Newbie*

Fair enough, sorry if I seemed snappy, it wasn't just aimed at you though, so don't worry :)

As to answer your question;
AccessLevel is the RunUO equivalent to Sphere's PLevel.
As far as I know, there is no actual defined authority system on the OSI servers, or none that I've seen or heard about, but they must use some sort of permission control system.
Either way, my point being is that this sort of thing is handled totally server-side and has nothing much to do with the client, so the author of the project would have to cater for permissions in RunUO by disabling and enabling features of the custom client on a per-player basis, on the fly..

Praxiiz

Sorceror
This system is now working with a variety of clients. I've tested 5.0.1.a, 5.0.6c, 7.0.1.1, and 7.0.2.1. They all work. I am currently testing other clients.
I tested client 4.0.11c, terrain updates work fine, but statics do not.

As I work on the client end, I realized that targetting certain tiles is not very convenient. When there are many grass tiles for example,
it may be hard to distinguish them from each other. The God client that was leaked out on the internet a few years ago draws highlights around
terrain tiles automatically (and terrain blocks). It seems to solve this problem nicely.

This site shows a screenshot of it:
http://necrotoolz.sourceforge.net/kairpacketguide/godcli.htm

I think it would be awesome to implement that functionality in the client for the map editor part of this project. Unfortuneately, the God Client
features are stubbed out of the regular client. God client packets for example are simply ignored in newer clients (the functionality has been completely removed).

I would love to go through the God Client and compare it to its corresponding regular version in hopes of being able to patch in the grid functionality on
newer clients. But I don't have the God Client and all my searching hasn't come up with a copy. So I will probably have to shelf that idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.