RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is this project dead?

Freyd

Sorceror
krrios;677055 said:
The new version notably improves performance in the following areas:
  • Textures are no longer cloned for each hue used. Previously, ten different players on screen could require ten different sets of textures. Now, it's just one set. This significantly reduces memory usage over time.
  • Rendering quality can be adjusted:
    • Texture quality can be reduced from 32-bit to 16-bit for certain textures;
    • Character and foliage shadows can be disabled;
    • Terrain level-of-detail can be reduced; and
    • Footstep sounds can be muted.
  • Various internal subsystems have been rewritten in order to perform more efficiently and reduce memory footprint.

For what client version it will be patched?

Lunarpancake

Sorceror
bout freakin time this project came back to life.

If only they had released a plug-in disabeled version before they decided to completely revamp it. Now after over a year of not playing Ill have to relean uo.

Lunarpancake;677903 said:
bout freakin time this project came back to life.

If only they had released a plug-in disabeled version before they decided to completely revamp it. Now after over a year of not playing Ill have to relean uo.

I tried KUOC, back before it was banned on UO Gamers, it didn't run very well because I had low ram, the memory leak got to me faster. After uninstalling, I had to reinstall UO cause it fucked everything up, didn't even plan on trying it again, though, this version looks promising.

Lunarpancake

Sorceror
Identity;677943 said:
I tried KUOC, back before it was banned on UO Gamers, it didn't run very well because I had low ram, the memory leak got to me faster. After uninstalling, I had to reinstall UO cause it fucked everything up, didn't even plan on trying it again, though, this version looks promising.

Was your pc purchased before or after the Beta of OSI UO?

seriously.....ive run Play UO on computers i consider to be ancient, and not even gaming-ancient. Just generally ancient.

and if its just your ram, buy some budget ram......yo udont need gaming ram to run KUOC, just a good amount of ram. 512 should be fine to run it for 2hrs straight. Then close it crtl+alt+del to make sure its closed completely. Then re-open and play another 2 hrs.

Or just do what I did and buy 2gig of ram because, well, more ram cant hurt anyways.

Zehava

Wanderer
Forgive my idiocy. Does this client require any UO to be installed on your computer at all? or is it a stand alone?

And will the version up for download right now work with most(if not all) RunUO shards?

This looks great and I"d love to try it out!

Freyd

Sorceror
Zehava;681575 said:
Forgive my idiocy. Does this client require any UO to be installed on your computer at all? or is it a stand alone?

And will the version up for download right now work with most(if not all) RunUO shards?

This looks great and I"d love to try it out!

Yes, it need UO installed. New version will be upgraded to newest (i hope) version of UO so it will allow you to login into freeshards

Awsome, keep it up krrios, Cant wait to its ready, i cant stand using razor!

sooner its usable, the quicker i can play again.