RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is this project dead?

i cant wait for this to come out

im so sick of razor the past few days my macro have completely stoped working in the middle of big fights and i had to log out and back in for them to work

also the stupid ass fireball bug i have sucks ass to

im not dising it

it just has the worst timeing to fuck up and not work

for example i was at the mare spwan that has all the wyverns this morning and was me and antoher red fighting a bunch of blues and i was in the middle of a combo and went to hit the next macro and nothing went to tryin heal nothing had to run to the back and hope not to die while i loged out and back in

little while later i went to cast a exp on a guy and once again it cast a fireball

its a great program but has some issues with me i guess

krrios

Administrator
The new version notably improves performance in the following areas:
  • Textures are no longer cloned for each hue used. Previously, ten different players on screen could require ten different sets of textures. Now, it's just one set. This significantly reduces memory usage over time.
  • Rendering quality can be adjusted:
    • Texture quality can be reduced from 32-bit to 16-bit for certain textures;
    • Character and foliage shadows can be disabled;
    • Terrain level-of-detail can be reduced; and
    • Footstep sounds can be muted.
  • Various internal subsystems have been rewritten in order to perform more efficiently and reduce memory footprint.

cokane

Sorceror
I'm happy to see some activity in these forums agian!

Can't wait to play uo with more than 20fps at decent resolutions again!

And yes... ETA? :p

Regards

The problem with giving an ETA is that people will take it as a deadline instead of an ETA and whine when its not out by aforementioned time.

cokane

Sorceror
Just asked on IRC:

[ 13:26:59 ] <atrox> *cough* when's the new kuoc coming out? :)
[...]
[ 13:28:01 ] <&krrios> 1 week +/- infinity

There we have it :p

HellRazor

Knight
It's very exciting to see all the progress Krrios! Looking forward to this!

The need for a good custom 2D client is even greater now that OSI will be phasing the old 2D client out.

Since RUO won't be supporting the new client it's a great time to improve expandability/remove limitations. Since the old client won't be updated by OSI now it would be great to see a good custom client take its place with all the old client limitations removed. (i.e., limitations on the number of maps, custom music, animations, gumps, art, etc.)

I have a feeling this is leading to kuoc and runuo becoming independent of everything OSI. (you should start on your own packer, instead of using UO's .muls, considering now there are better compression algo's)