RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's that time again.

It's that time again.

It's that time again, no not for the random story creation post... i'll do that some other time. It's time to talk about why dumb ass people have to complain about simple shit like *drum roll* saying 'Under God' in the pledge or having 'In God We Trust' on money.

My opinion, suck it up. Strap on a pair and stop bitching you fsking god hater.

Whats your opinion? Also, if you are one of the people that do this... I hope this extremely offends you. And I will flame you for your retarted opinion.

-Storm

You believe in god?
Would you say "...One nation, under satan..." then?

I believe in god, and i think anyone who doesn't believe in god should'nt have to say it.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I don't believe in god, but I believe that everyone should be forced to say god at least 10 times a day.

BeneathTheStars said:
You believe in god?
Would you say "...One nation, under satan..." then?

I believe in god, and i think anyone who doesn't believe in god should'nt have to say it.

You are totally missing my point. It's got nothing to do with belief. You don't want to say it? Fine, don't say it. I have no problems with people saying it or not saying it, that isn't my arguement. My arguement is that it is retarted for people to complain about people who say it and that they shouldn't say it and that it shouldn't be said in school etc.

It's simple, if YOU don't want to say it; don't say it. If YOU do want to say it; then say it. But that doesn't mean you need to go off and bitch about it, and get petitions going and starting a nation wide debate on whether or not to keep it in schools money etc.

I don't mind if you say it or if you don't, I have already stated this but bottom line... don't complain about those who do.

-Storm

Tru

Knight
LOL I'm the ultimate Blasphmer but even I agree it's a waste of time/money to deal with people who have issues with the word God on/in stuff .

*Note* When I say Blasphmer I mean in the eyes of the Organized Religions. I am actually an ordained non-denomiational minister :eek: (to do weddings)

Storm33229 said:
You are totally missing my point. It's got nothing to do with belief. You don't want to say it? Fine, don't say it. I have no problems with people saying it or not saying it, that isn't my arguement. My arguement is that it is retarted for people to complain about people who say it and that they shouldn't say it and that it shouldn't be said in school etc.

It's simple, if YOU don't want to say it; don't say it. If YOU do want to say it; then say it. But that doesn't mean you need to go off and bitch about it, and get petitions going and starting a nation wide debate on whether or not to keep it in schools money etc.

I don't mind if you say it or if you don't, I have already stated this but bottom line... don't complain about those who do.

-Storm

Misunderstood ya, see your point now. :)

Storm33229 said:

-Storm
Its still in it tho, and I have gotten in trouble for not saying it many times. It should be taken out of the pledge but not the constitution.

Anti-Basic said:
Its still in it tho, and I have gotten in trouble for not saying it many times. It should be taken out of the pledge but not the constitution.

Or just make it optional?

Take it out, you offend all who believe it; Leave it in, you offend all who dont.

Anti-Basic said:

By whom? You got in trouble for not saying? Take that kinda shit to higher ups. And don't say 'I want it taken out' just say 'I don't want to get in trouble for not saying it'. You were given the freedom of speech, but you were also given the right to remain silent.

-Storm

nomad707

Knight
my views.. is keep religion and school separated. no one really cares about god being on money.. its still gunna spend the same no matter if god is on it or not.

poopthrower said:
my views.. is keep religion and school separated. no one really cares about god being on money.. its still gunna spend the same no matter if god is on it or not.

People do care, idiotic people that is.

-Storm

bzk90

Lord
I believe in gods...I demand the "s" be added :)

Seriously though people who bitch about trivial things make me sick...

*edit*
I do believe in multiple gods...[/nonsarcasm]

bzk90 said:
I believe in gods...I demand the "s" be added :)

Seriously though people who bitch about trivial things make me sick...

*edit*
I do believe in multiple gods...[/nonsarcasm]

I agree with every statement you made.

@AB: Yeah, but why fight to remove it? I mean like bzk said... its trivial. and since its trivial it makes no sense to fight over it.

-Storm

Storm33229 said:
I agree with every statement you made.

@AB: Yeah, but why fight to remove it? I mean like bzk said... its trivial. and since its trivial it makes no sense to fight over it.

-Storm
trivial to you, bewcuase you are not an atheist... It shouldnt have been added... We though it was pretty trivial when you people decided to add your god into a pledge about our country just cause you were scared of commies. I will always fight for seperation of church and state because fairy tales and government do not mix.

Anti-Basic said:
trivial to you, bewcuase you are not an atheist... It shouldnt have been added... We though it was pretty trivial when you people decided to add your god into a pledge about our country just cause you were scared of commies. I will always fight for seperation of church and state because fairy tales and government do not mix.

You are trying way to hard to turn this into a religious thread when it has nothing to do with religion. Church and state has nothing to do with the pledge. NATION under god. not STATE under god. And this all goes back to:
If you want to say it, say it, if you don't then dont but please stfu about it.

Fine I have a new pledge of allegience for you AB:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to The Republic for which it stands, one Nation under Athiesm, The Big Bang Theory, and Eveolution, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

-Storm

Storm33229 said:
You are trying way to hard to turn this into a religious thread when it has nothing to do with religion. Church and state has nothing to do with the pledge. NATION under god. not STATE under god. And this all goes back to:
If you want to say it, say it, if you don't then dont but please stfu about it.

Fine I have a new pledge of allegience for you AB:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to The Republic for which it stands, one Nation under Athiesm, The Big Bang Theory, and Eveolution, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

-Storm
I didnt bring it to religion... All I said was I aint gonna have to say something that goes against my beliefs just to honor my fucking country... and AGAIN.. yall are the trivial ones, cause YALL ADDED the damn words into the existing pledge.

Anti-Basic said:
I didnt bring it to religion... All I said was I aint gonna have to say something that goes against my beliefs just to honor my fucking country... and AGAIN.. yall are the trivial ones, cause YALL ADDED the damn words into the existing pledge.

Who is 'YALL'? not me. I added nothing. Someone did, but not me. Don't get the people who like it there confused with the people who added it. There is a big difference. The people who added are dead, THEY were the trivial ones. And how many times do I have to say this? If you don't want to say it then don't say it. But don't bitch and complain that it's there. Because if you do, then you're being the trivial one.

-Storm

Storm33229 said:
Who is 'YALL'? not me. I added nothing. Someone did, but not me. Don't get the people who like it there confused with the people who added it. There is a big difference. The people who added are dead, THEY were the trivial ones. And how many times do I have to say this? If you don't want to say it then don't say it. But don't bitch and complain that it's there. Because if you do, then you're being the trivial one.

-Storm
if its in it thats the way it is MEANT to be said... it shouldnt be that way, they need to take it out... yall were too TRIVIAL to just add it during speech so much, no yall had to have it written into the pledge...