RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail System

sirens song

Wanderer
Look at this code
Code:
[Usage( "Jail" )]
		[Description( "Jails a targeted Player." )]
		private static void Jail_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e )
		{
			e.Mobile.Target = new JailTarget();
			e.Mobile.SendMessage( "Whom do you wish to Jail?" );
		}

This is registering a command

A command needs to be written to accept another argument.
Also the method needs yo function and the command should pass
the argument to the method.

Look at the [set XXX 123 command to see how it is implimented. Might help to learn about methods as well, This shouldnt be too hard

-Jamie

zmaint

Wanderer
Im having trouble with the teleporter not showing up when the sentence is completed and they are released. How exactly is that supposed to work. I don't even see anywhere in the Jail Command where it enables the teleporter?

Grim_Reaper

Wanderer
zmaint said:
Im having trouble with the teleporter not showing up when the sentence is completed and they are released. How exactly is that supposed to work. I don't even see anywhere in the Jail Command where it enables the teleporter?

just [set visable true
on the teleporter and leave it that way dont matter if players can see it because they cant leave until the rock in mined

Von Hammer

Wanderer
Awesome. Outstanding job on this script, thank you both.
I have a suggestion tho. When I use the hammer on a non-mineable spot, no message is displayed and it can be confusing to new players to figure out what is going on.

Would it be possible to add a message to warn the jailor, just like when one is trying to mine an empty spot? ("there is no rocks here to break" or something like that)

Again, thank you guys, this script is fantastic.

sirens song

Wanderer
this is from line 94 in JailHammer.cs that I wrote.
Code:
else
		{
		from.SendMessage( "You Should Try Breaking Big Rocks Into Smaller Ones!" );

and when I target something thats neither Mountain, or Mobile, I get the
"You should try breaking....." message.

You probably have an edited copy of the HammerScript.

Von Hammer

Wanderer
Thanks for the quick reply. However I downloaded the scripts from this very thread and I don't think it's an edited copy.

I'm afraid I did not make myself clear. My situation is that the hammer only gives out messages when I target certain spots in the mountain (where I can find the rocks).

If I target any other spots in the same mountain lets say, two or three tiles away from the previous one, the hammer will do nothing. No rocks in my back pack, no warnings, nothing but sounding silence.

However it's a great system and my players love it. Thanks again.

Cerberus

Wanderer
First of all can i say this is an awesome system . i installed it on my server a while ago and it woked perfectly . the problem i have is i just updated to runuo 1 and the system still works perfectly apart from the jailhammer wont recognise rock.

i have it set to rock and everytime i try it tells me to try breaking big stones into smaller ones. i know it worked before i changed over to the new version of runuo so is it a script i need to change elsewhere to get it going again..

thanks in advance

sirens song

Wanderer
as a gamemaster/admin use the command
[get name
on whatever you want them to mine on. THen replace the "rock" string to the name of the item. As long as the strings match it should work perfectly. Only thing I could imagine is your using a different type of rock. Remember it is also Case sensitive.

-Jamie

Cerberus

Wanderer
i had added in some rocks and what i hadnt noticed till you told me was [get name came back null so iv justchanged it to cave for the moment and it should work ok .. ill figure something out about adding rocks to mine from later on .. thanks for the help

sirens song

Wanderer
It should mine from anythign named "rock" defaultly. Mountains are named "rock" but you can change that instance of the string name to whatever you want it to mine from. This was just the easiest way for me to allow mining from rock without having to check if its a static landtile and all that junk.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
ok ive got this script to work.. and it works great and all.. But i have the quick lvl up script with the veryfire thing in it... and when they cuss and go to jail.. everything in cluding the ball gets put in the bank... the bal is blessed, not visible, and not movable to the players... so when they go to jail it says there is one item still in the bag but they cant get it out... what can I do about this... i need to make it to where all but the ball is put into the bank

Josh787

Wanderer
how do i download these attached files i never can get them to work i try copying the to a note book them puting them in doesn't work lol ty for the help :confused:

sirens song

Wanderer
You just put them in your custom script folder, then [add the pieces in game
try [add jai
should bring up a list of all the components

REDiR2

Sorceror
Yeah I don't get it...

Shandril said:
Is there a way to change it so it can be mine from cave tiles?

When I tried a mountain version I could just run off, there was nothing to stop me from taking off... how do I set it up? I was using the little cave just north of Destard. I was wondering why it wasn't set up to do tiles... it seems like that would be the way to go.