RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just...wow...

Just...wow...

that's...just...wrong.

Johabius

Knight
WarAngel;673918 said:
I'm not sure which is worse: that kind of crap, or Holohoaxers.

Oooh new word to learn. What the heck is a Holohoaxer? Is it someone who doesn't believe that the Holocaust happened?

kaball

Wanderer
i think people are stupid to believe that holocaust was a punishment for what " random jew 2000 years ago" ( nothing to do with the jews of today) did to a good man. well its pretty stupid ... if the Man was so forgiven why would he punish the ones he came for ?

its just my opinion ..

Johab said:
Oooh new word to learn. What the heck is a Holohoaxer? Is it someone who doesn't believe that the Holocaust happened?

Yes, Holocaust Denial. It is actually an illegal offense in some countries. (obviously not Iran) Whether or not thats a good thing is a matter of much debate. Me personally I think Freedom of Speech is a good thing, but should have restrictions. Outlawing hate is the first step to preventing violence.

WarAngel

Wanderer
No it's not. People will hate whether you make it illegal or not. Suppressing a group's feelings would probably make them more likely to commit violent acts, as opposed to simply complaining and talking about it.

WarAngel;673955 said:
No it's not. People will hate whether you make it illegal or not. Suppressing a group's feelings would probably make them more likely to commit violent acts, as opposed to simply complaining and talking about it.

Wow, thats funny I could have sworn the amount of lynchings of black men had gone down since the civil rights movement of the 60s.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Murder has always been illegal in this country and the number of murders per year has done nothing but rise, despite our best attempts at stopping discrimination and hate. Outlawing it obviously makes a huge difference.

I would also argue that laws had much to do with lesser lynching and hate crimes against black males. Times have changed, and it's simply not acceptable to do that anymore. It isn't illegal to make sexist remarks or the like on the radio, but Don Imus was still fired due to societal backlash. We have to change our society through dialog and discussion, not laws and then more laws.

WarAngel;673957 said:
Murder has always been illegal in this country and the number of murders per year has done nothing but rise, despite our best attempts at stopping discrimination and hate. Outlawing it obviously makes a huge difference.
Nice one. Not fully applicable in this situation tho. Did ya miss me?

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;673958 said:
Nice one. Not fully applicable in this situation tho. Did ya miss me?

What you meant to say was "I can't think of a real response, so I'll claim it's not related."
Yes. Of course!

More like laws in general have been disobeyed thoughout history, im pretty sure if murder werent illegal there would be more of them. Jail or death is a very good motivational factor to NOT blow someones head off.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Yeap. And it's a really good reason not to do drugs, or sell drugs, or do whatever else it is that makes 1 in 16 people in this country a criminal/prisoner/parolee.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Kiwi;673969 said:
I'd kill a lot of people if it was legal.

boohoo.

omg u called a pity-loving fucktard out and now ppl hate u 4 it! U terrible man!!! I mean the guy stopped posting for a whole hour after saying he wasn't going to post at all for a while! Go away, asshole!

I'm finished talking about that for good, but <3 Kiwi anyway.