RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just...wow...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;674193 said:
well be that as it may, if you cant express it, it doesnt do any good to have it, and eventualy the feelings themselves go away.

Then why are people still homosexual? It's been outlawed for CENTURIES spanning multiple civilizations and societies.

Joeku

Lord
WarAngel;674194 said:
Then why are people still homosexual? It's been outlawed for CENTURIES spanning multiple civilizations and societies.
Are you saying that it's some sort of genetic disorder that should have been wiped out?

xD

Homosexuality is a lifestyle. You aren't born that way, you develop it based on your perception of the world.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Joeku;674195 said:
Are you saying that it's some sort of genetic disorder that should have been wiped out?

xD

Yes. Obviously. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle. You aren't born that way, you develop it based on your perception of the world.

It's still a feeling, and it's still been outlawed, and it's still here, which was the point I was trying to make.

WarAngel;674194 said:
because the law doesnt fit most of society's interpretation of morality?

I'm pretty sure 90% of people would disagree with killing people because of no reason other than their race or religion.

I doubt you'll find that high of a number against people sleeping with people who happen to have the same plumbing.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;674202 said:
because the law doesnt fit most of society's interpretation of morality?

I doubt you'll find that high of a number against people sleeping with people who happen to have the same plumbing.

Oh come on, that's bullshit. You know enough about religion in the present and past to know the numbers.

how may i ask is homosexuality outlawed. same sex marriages is, i see gays lesbians bi's all over the tv newspaper ect, they arent arrested so please provide evidence on how one man cant love another or one woman cant love another with it being aginst the law

WarAngel

Wanderer
Ronin Warrior;674205 said:
how may i ask is homosexuality outlawed. same sex marriages is, i see gays lesbians bi's all over the tv newspaper ect, they arent arrested so please provide evidence on how one man cant love another or one woman cant love another with it being aginst the law

You're right. I'm not talking about our modern society, or even recent societies really.

WarAngel;674206 said:
You're right. I'm not talking about our modern society, or even recent societies really.

ppl fear/hate what they dont understand, i dont understand why a man or woman would love another, but i understand they love them just as i would love a female, therefore i do not judge.

i wish others was like this, also, my 2 cents on outlawing hate, would cause a civil war.

you cant outlaw human emotions without consequences, when you start outlawing that, whats next setting a law at certain times ppl can take a shit or eat?

it would be highly redundant to outlaw something each and every person feel each and everyday, it would cause alot more problems than it would fix.

this is my opinion on that, no proof needed for those ppl that ass kiss articles and books

kaball

Wanderer
Storm33229;673916 said:

that's...just...wrong.

people just quit the bsht and focus on the main thing in this thread...

that image is really wrong ! in a religious way, in a human way and in a social prism

WarAngel

Wanderer
Ronin Warrior;674209 said:
ppl fear/hate what they dont understand, i dont understand why a man or woman would love another, but i understand they love them just as i would love a female, therefore i do not judge.

I hope I wasn't coming off as being in judgement of them. That's not the point I was trying to make.

that holds no humour, altho, it did acomplish one thing, and thats piss off alot of ppl, why someone with half a brain would put together something so idioctic is both rediculous and sad to even think there is ppl with even less brain power than a common river rock

kaball

Wanderer
why don't you shove your head up your ass mr. imallwaysright

as long as humanity exists there will be always hate, aslong as there will be selfish people with megalomaniac ideas

Actually there are laws against male homosexuality in places... or at least certain acts in it, none against the actual loving involved, but sodomy is illegal in many areas, fellatio is outlawed in arkansas, (wheres smurf with that picture of that sign) in Arizona you cant own more than 2 dildos, etc, (oddly i havent found any against cunnilingus yet) lots of stupid laws, but just because theres stupid laws, and those obviously dont get heeded by the majority, doesnt mean that if theres a law against something most people deem unacceptable, that it wont work.

And WA... many people are against it yes for religious reasons, but very few are against it to the point where they actually want to prevent people from doing it, or murder them for it etc. Not saying it doesn't happen, but certainly not near the extent that you make it out to be. Hell our uber conservative vice president's daughter is a lesbian.

Radwen

Wanderer
People live off Starbucks like they do off TV.
Lol this made me realize how similar I am on certain aspects as most people.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Anti-Basic;674223 said:
Actually there are laws against male homosexuality in places... or at least certain acts in it, none against the actual loving involved, but sodomy is illegal in many areas, fellatio is outlawed in arkansas, (wheres smurf with that picture of that sign) in Arizona you cant own more than 2 dildos, etc, (oddly i havent found any against cunnilingus yet) lots of stupid laws, but just because theres stupid laws, and those obviously dont get heeded by the majority, doesnt mean that if theres a law against something most people deem unacceptable, that it wont work.

And WA... many people are against it yes for religious reasons, but very few are against it to the point where they actually want to prevent people from doing it, or murder them for it etc. Not saying it doesn't happen, but certainly not near the extent that you make it out to be. Hell our uber conservative vice president's daughter is a lesbian.

That Sign?

But to be honest there are alot of dumb laws out there.....Here I'll prove it an post one from each state in the US...

Alabama : Section 13A-12-1 Prohibits Labors on Sunday with some exceptions.
Alaska : It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
Arizona : Hunting of Camels is prohibited.
Arkansas : The Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.
California : Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
Colorado : Tags may be ripped off of pillows and mattresses.
Connecticut : In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.
Delaware : It is illegal to fly over any body of water, unless one is carrying sufficient supplies of food and drink.
Flordia : Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
Georgia : The term "sadomasochistic abuse" is defined so broadly, that it could possibly be applied to a person handcuffing another in a clown suit.
Hawaii : All residents may be fined as a result of not owning a boat.
Idaho : You may not fish on a camel's back.
Illinois : You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.
Indiana : The value of Pi is 3.
Iowa : It is a violation of the law to sell or distribute drugs or narcotics without having first obtained the appropriate Iowa drug tax stamp.
Kanasa : If two trains meet on the same track, neither shall proceed until the other has passed.
Kentucky : One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.
Louisiana : It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
Maine : Shotguns are required to be taken to church in the event of a Native American attack.
Maryland : Thistles may not grow in one's yard.
Massachusetts : An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
Michigan : DOG LAW OF 1919

Act 339 of 1919
287.279a Killing dog or other animal; use of high altitude decompression chamber or electrocution prohibited. [M.S.A.12.529(1) ]
Sec. 19a. An animal control officer or other person killing a dog or other animal pursuant to the laws of this state shall not use a high altitude decompression chamber or electrocution for that killing.
History: Add. 1980, Act 382, Eff. Mar. 31, 1981 .
Minnesota : A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head.
Mississippi : Private citizens may personally arrest any person that disturbs a church service.
Missouri : Single men between the ages of twenty-one and fifty must pay an annual tax of one dollar (enacted 1820).
Montana : It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.
Nebraska : It is Illegal to go whale fishing.
Nevada : It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
New Hampshire : Any cattle that crosses state roads must be fitted with a device to gather its feces.
New Jersey : In an attempt to "foster kindness" in the citizens of New Jersey, the month of May is designated "Kindness Awareness Month".
New Mexico : Idiots may not vote.
New York : The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
North Carolina : Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.
North Dakota : It is legal to shoot an Indian on horseback, provided you are in a covered wagon.
Ohio : No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July.
Oklahoma : It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots.
Oregon : It is illegal to whisper "dirty" things in your lover's ear during sex.
Pennsylvania : You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
Rhode Island : It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
South Carolina : It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
South Dakota : No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants.
Tennesse : You can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.
Texas : A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
Utah : No one may have sex in the back of an ambulance if it is responding to an emergency call.
Vermont : Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
Virginia : There is a state law prohibiting "corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates.
Washington : All motor vehicles must be preceded by a man carrying a red flag (daytime) or a red lantern (nighttime) fifty feet in front of said vehicle.
West Virginia : It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
Wisconsin : Margarine may not be substituted for butter in restaurants unless it is requested by the customer.
Wyoming : You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.

Joeku;674195 said:

Only to those over-zealous religious fanatics who seek to vilify homosexuals.

PappaSmurf

Knight
WarAngel;674206 said:

Homosexual acts were considered perfectly normal in Ancient Greece and Rome...it was a symbol of social status in some cases as it was considered ok to have sex with a same sex person of a lower social class.