RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat v3.0

Rosey1

Wanderer
should be put in your customs folder.

Knives, i noticed that with the new levels, when you do [cs as the owner, you don't have access to the global and all that. Works as admin but not as owner.

Crowley62

Sorceror
sorry but i cant use it cant make it work for runuo2 i added it fine no errors then i try to make character and when it say creating character the server crashes
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 6/17/2006 11:44:48 AM
Mobiles: 2418
Items: 99860
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ xx.xxx.xxx.xx: (account = xxxxx)

Exception:
System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.Collections.Hashtable.get_Item(Object key)
at Knives.Chat3.Data.GetData(Mobile m)
at Knives.Chat3.General.OnCreate(CharacterCreatedEventArgs args)
at Server.CharacterCreatedEventHandler.Invoke(CharacterCreatedEventArgs e)
at Server.EventSink.InvokeCharacterCreated(CharacterCreatedEventArgs e)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.CreateCharacter(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

hope this report helps thx

kmwill23

Sorceror
WanderingRage said:
I was just woundering how do you add channels so people can talk to each other on here I have been looking and did not seem to find out where it tells you how to do that. I'am running a RunUo-2.0 version.

If you look in the first paragraph of the detailed description in the Readme, the part after the commands, you will see instructions on how to do this. If you look in the third post of this topic, you will find the information there as well.

Open up your admin options ([cs) and on the first page you'll see the channel setup. Click the little gold button on the blank title line and select New Channel. When making the channel, be sure the commands you chose do not include the '[', as that is automatically included.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Rosey1 said:
should be put in your customs folder.

Knives, i noticed that with the new levels, when you do [cs as the owner, you don't have access to the global and all that. Works as admin but not as owner.

Yeap =) It's fixed for the next update. I will wait another day before doing so though =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Crowley62 said:
sorry but i cant use it cant make it work for runuo2 i added it fine no errors then i try to make character and when it say creating character the server crashes

hope this report helps thx

That will help, thanks!

~Addition

I am not sure how you are able to trigger this crash. The only time this can occur is if you manage to create a null character, and the chat system attempts to create a null data segment. I can't reproduce this, and it is an eror that would trip every single tester up. I will wait to see if more people get this error before I patch. Otherwise, I will prevent this for the next release.

Rosey1

Wanderer
thanks knives, you are awesome! My players are loving the new system, I put it on runuo 1.0 a few days ago and they love it.

dutch331

Wanderer
same crash

I got the same crash when someone tried to make a char, the shard reset and it happened again when she got to char creation. She was logging in through uogateway locally from IP address I gave her since uogateway hasn't ok'd any new shards yet. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

kmwill23

Sorceror
dutch331 said:
I got the same crash when someone tried to make a char, the shard reset and it happened again when she got to char creation. She was logging in through uogateway locally from IP address I gave her since uogateway hasn't ok'd any new shards yet. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Nope, but knowing another player is having a problem, I will post the patch.

Thanks!

The patch will be up in a few moments.

kmwill23

Sorceror
kethoth said:
how do staff listen to pm's, guild, alliance, and faction chat with 3.0?

At first, only Admins have access to listen and global listen. They can give it to other staff members through their profile, which you can open by pressing the gold button next to the player/staffer. After, staff members will find the global option available by pressing the 'O', or options, button on the botton the the player list menu. When Global is off, you can select to listen to individual players. When global is on, you will see the options to listen to those different parts of the chat system.

Pm listen you can access through the friends or mail options. Even better, you can open up a player's mailbox and browse their mail.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
have an interesting warning pop up on your script....

Code:
 + Custom/New Scripts/Systems/Knives/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 5/General/IrcConnectio
n.cs:
    CS0618: Line 332: 'System.Threading.Thread.Suspend()' is obsolete: 'Thread.S
uspend has been deprecated.  Please use other classes in System.Threading, such
as Monitor, Mutex, Event, and Semaphore, to synchronize Threads or protect resou
rces.  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'

also, in the channel/viewall/whatever button in the lower right, it doesn't show the glisten's or bans or anything like that for me :confused:

kethoth

Page
knives you dont have the global option when you're owner or developer access level...only admin...also can it be changed to where all staff member show up in [st instead of having to turn on show staff in list

Crowley62

Sorceror
Hi I think as my title is not admin but owner i can't have global access also developers can't see global either its not in the options but an admin says he sees it hope you can fix this thx

Artem

Wanderer
Help please at me gives out here it
+ Custom/New Scripts/Systems/Knives/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 5/General/IrcConnectio n.cs: CS0618: Line 332: ' System. Threading. Thread. Suspend () ' is obsolete: ' Thread. S uspend has been deprecated. Please use other classes in System. Threading, such as Monitor, Mutex, Event, and Semaphore, to synchronize Threads or protect resou rces. http: // go.microsoft.com/fwlink/? linkid=14202 '
as it can be eliminated?