RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat v3.0

Pyro-Tech

Knight
@Arten: I just posted that a couple of posts up...it is just a warning...prolly another script of yours is giving you an error

kmwill23

Sorceror
kethoth said:
knives you dont have the global option when you're owner or developer access level...only admin...also can it be changed to where all staff member show up in [st instead of having to turn on show staff in list

I am aware of the accesslevel changes =) There is a fix in place that you will see later tonight.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Artem said:
Help please at me gives out here it
+ Custom/New Scripts/Systems/Knives/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 5/General/IrcConnectio n.cs: CS0618: Line 332: ' System. Threading. Thread. Suspend () ' is obsolete: ' Thread. S uspend has been deprecated. Please use other classes in System. Threading, such as Monitor, Mutex, Event, and Semaphore, to synchronize Threads or protect resou rces. http: // go.microsoft.com/fwlink/? linkid=14202 '
as it can be eliminated?

This is just a warning and will not affect the compiling or performance of this system. There is a fix in place for the next release.

manofwar

Sorceror
Very good!

Thanks for getting this converted and yes it seems to copile good and runs good havent been able to make it crash my shard yet even though i get to see that warning when i try to update some other scripts. Only problem i had was trying to figure out how to set up this new system lol! But i think i got it and have 3 channels on shard (public = world chat)(public2 = region chat) (Staff = which is for staff lol). Had to mention the last one for giggles! Keep up the good work will be watching what else you come out with.

Crowley62

Sorceror
Hi love your new chat hope townhouses get done well heres 2 more errors for you
Exception:
System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
at Knives.Chat3.Alliance.Broadcast(Mobile m, String msg)
at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg, Boolean spam)
at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg)
at Knives.Chat3.Channel.ChannelCommand(CommandEventArgs args)
at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type)
at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.Hashtable.HashtableEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Knives.Chat3.Pm.GetMsgCanidates(Mobile m, String name)
at Knives.Chat3.Pm.OnMessage(CommandEventArgs args)
at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type)
at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
hope you can get all the bugs out keep up the good work

kmwill23

Sorceror
Crowley62 said:
Hi love your new chat hope townhouses get done well heres 2 more errors for you

hope you can get all the bugs out keep up the good work

Excellent report! WIll crush those bugs immediatly =)

For everyone else: There will also be an update to Beta 6 tonight.

Evil Jason

Sorceror
Maybe I have just been up for too many hours straight.. but um.. how do you get the chat to work?

I did [chatsetup and all that.. but i have no idea how to get the global chat to occur.

There is no [chat command... and i'll be damned but i can't figure it out.

***EDIT*** Nevermind, I figured it out... god I am WAY TOO TIRED.****

Tired.

~Evil Jason

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Question, I was woundering if there was a way to make it to where the administrator was the only one who could use the background and text change buttons, and that after the admin (owner whatever) sets it thats the default for all people.
I think this would be a neat function but thats my opinion.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Ki Frost said:
Question, I was woundering if there was a way to make it to where the administrator was the only one who could use the background and text change buttons, and that after the admin (owner whatever) sets it thats the default for all people.
I think this would be a neat function but thats my opinion.

It would be neat, however it does go against my reason for including al lthe customization. Some players can't see some colors against some backgrounds, for whatever reasons. I wanted that customization there so players wouldn't say they didn't like that particular layout.

What you can do, however, is change the default layout. I can add an easy to change variable for this if you wish.

Xeraz

Wanderer
Error LOG

Just download and install the Beta 6 and the error log is giving me.

2006-06-19 20:25:48
Error Loading chat information. Please report this to Knive .......... etc

kmwill23

Sorceror
Xeraz said:
Just download and install the Beta 6 and the error log is giving me.

2006-06-19 20:25:48
Error Loading chat information. Please report this to Knive .......... etc

Ignore it for now, but do tell me if it happens again. Sometimes that will pop up between updates.

Ki Frost

Sorceror
Hey kmwill if its not to much to ask can you add that feature to an update? make it like a command to enable it or something that way it can be done either way. (the skin default option)

Tru

Knight
kmwill23 said:
That will help, thanks!

~Addition

I am not sure how you are able to trigger this crash. The only time this can occur is if you manage to create a null character, and the chat system attempts to create a null data segment. I can't reproduce this, and it is an eror that would trip every single tester up. I will wait to see if more people get this error before I patch. Otherwise, I will prevent this for the next release.
It happened for me when I added accounts manually.
It also appears to have happened when trying to create a new account with the server set to 1 account per IP and the IP already had an account.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Tru said:
It happened for me when I added accounts manually.
It also appears to have happened when trying to create a new account with the server set to 1 account per IP and the IP already had an account.

I can see that happening now =)

But, there is code in place to prevent the error, uless you've received it with the this update.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Ki Frost said:
Hey kmwill if its not to much to ask can you add that feature to an update? make it like a command to enable it or something that way it can be done either way. (the skin default option)

I will add that to the features in post #2 =)

So you know, the default setting will be in General.cs near the top, as well as an option to disable the player override. Because of my opinion mentioned on the subject above, I will leave the option out of the actual in-game interface.

Tru

Knight
kmwill23 said:
I can see that happening now =)

But, there is code in place to prevent the error, uless you've received it with the this update.
I'll update to the current version and try it again.

Koomaluola1

Wanderer
IRC bot doesnt connect to irc. It worked in first try but since it doesnt.
I have tried to connect ircnet and quakenet. It just says IRC connection -> Disconnect