RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Town Houses

Rosey1

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
Drat! I could have the contract auto appear in your bag after agreement =P

Whatcha think?

sounds like a plan. I like that the person renting has a copy in their pack appear.

Ajantis

Wanderer
Can you make a full RunUO 2.0 version of Town Houses........since my shard is completely new....fresh........2.0 shard...........not one that was patched. Please make a full 2.0 version of the Town Houses. Thank you.

Rosey1

Wanderer
All you have to do is download the 2.0 zip and the patch zip. The patch is just replacing one file, it's that easy.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Ajantis said:
Can you make a full RunUO 2.0 version of Town Houses........since my shard is completely new....fresh........2.0 shard...........not one that was patched. Please make a full 2.0 version of the Town Houses. Thank you.

As Rosey said, the file that says it's for RunUO 2.0 is the complete version of this system for 2.0, and the patch that says it is for RunUO 2.0 is just a patch to correct a regular bug with the RunUO 2.0 version.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech said:
why not have done that in first place?? :confused::p

Notice it took a year before anyone questioned the current methods? =)

My original idea was to allow the interaction between the renter and client. The renter gives the contract, client agrees and gives the contract back. If not, the renter bans him from his home. Not having access to the home would end the agreement.

Draegen

Sorceror
error

Im getting a error on 2.0 install of knives town houses

using fresh copy of runuo 2.0 rc1 and using the knives townhouses 1.1 for runuo2.0
with patch for 2.0

im getting this error

on startup

cs0029: line 67: cannot implicitly convert type 'system.collections.generic.list<server.multis.basehouse>' to 'system.collections.arraylist'

kmwill23

Sorceror
Draegen said:
Im getting a error on 2.0 install of knives town houses

using fresh copy of runuo 2.0 rc1 and using the knives townhouses 1.1 for runuo2.0
with patch for 2.0

im getting this error

on startup

cs0029: line 67: cannot implicitly convert type 'system.collections.generic.list<server.multis.basehouse>' to 'system.collections.arraylist'

Can you also include the name of the file which generates this error?

kmwill23

Sorceror
I find it extremely curious that two people out of so many have found this error. Are either of you using updated files that aren't in RC1, specifically a BaseHouse.cs?

~Addition:

Just confirmed that the currently downloadable version of RC1 does not generate this error. I predict, however, that RC2, which will include a change from ArrayList to Generic.List', will produce this error.

I am not going to support unreleased versions of RunUO, as doing so would require me to manage releases for multiple combinations of updates that some servers have and some don't.

Draegen

Sorceror
yeah i just thought of this it was frm rc2 i updated my scripts from svn lol forgot all about that my fualt no big deal list you know ahead of time what will cause the error before rc2 is released ill go ahead and wait for you to relase a rc2 version before using it but thanks man keep up the good work.

Gembone

Wanderer
having a conflict between this town houses 1.1 and knives chat2.02
the utilities are conflicting. is there a common utilities pack that can be used for both?

Draegen

Sorceror
hey you only need one of those in :) well if you are using knives chat 2.0.2 with runuo 2.0 and knves house 1.1 with 2.0 then you should only need Utilities v1.03 only one Utilities folder dont need both he just supples it with everthing that it uses so you dont have to search for it :p

if im wrong im sry :( i might make a mistake

Gembone

Wanderer
I tried removing the utilities 1.01 that came with the Knives chat so they would work solely off 1.03 but it did not fix all the problems. just caused new ones. thanks for the idea though.

Draegen

Sorceror
okay well thats the problem i say use knives chat 3.0 beta 6 and remove knves chat 2.0 and use houses 1.1 for 2.0 use the new Utilities v1.03 only need one of those for both to work :)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Gembone said:
ok switching the chat to 3.0 beta6 worked. thanks for the help

You were both on the right track =) If you want to use Chat 2.02 with RunUO 2.0, you need to remove allll other Utilities folders (My Utilities!) and just use the one that comes with 2.02 for RunUO 2.0.

But I like that you're moving up to 3.0 =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
I will be away from the internet for the next couple of weeks, it's 4th of July vacation time. I may find a place to login a couple times, but I don't promise anything!

Things do seem stable and I don't expect any major troubles. Just be sure you read about the different Utilities folders and where they go =)