RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Town Houses

Ajax2000

Wanderer
Love the townhouses script!

Just a quick question.

How does someone renting a house or housing space affect their house limit?

Say if the limit is 1 house per account, can someone who already owns a house rent another one?

Also, is there any way of renting a space to someone and only allowing them to place vendors and not items? Ive set up a little bazaar marketplace type area and would like to rent it out to players for vendors, but dont want them junking it up with items.

Tru

Knight
Ajax2000 said:
Love the townhouses script!

Just a quick question.

How does someone renting a house or housing space affect their house limit?

Say if the limit is 1 house per account, can someone who already owns a house rent another one?

Also, is there any way of renting a space to someone and only allowing them to place vendors and not items? Ive set up a little bazaar marketplace type area and would like to rent it out to players for vendors, but dont want them junking it up with items.
For your Market Place idea check out this LandLord Script http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28520&highlight=landlord

Pyro-Tech

Knight
t.r.schmidt said:
It seems I have the same problem as DebbieDoo:

If I add new region-parts to an existing houseregion, everything works fine until I restart the server. Then the Houseregion is just as it was after I first set it up, and so is excluding the new parts, until I again add a region to it, not matter where.

Even if I clear the whole Region using "Clear all": after I reboot it is reverted back to the old setting.

I have installed the the latest version and the patches.

But beside this everything works great and very stable :)

I am having a very similar problem as to this...i have to delete the region, then redo it to get it to work probably

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Can't remember if this has been brought up or not...but rented town houses that are rent to own will only give back the 1 gold when demolished

had a player last night finally demolish one of his and it kinda irked him lol

kmwill23

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech said:
Can't remember if this has been brought up or not...but rented town houses that are rent to own will only give back the 1 gold when demolished

had a player last night finally demolish one of his and it kinda irked him lol

Did your player complete the rent-to-own process, meaning making payments on the home for 60 days? If the home transfered to him and he no longer had to make payments, then the price on the home should have updated. In fact, he can't stop making payments without that value changing.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
the house I BELIEVE should have been his by the time it completed...as in he owned it and the rent to own process had finished. Im not 100% sure however

kmwill23

Sorceror
I am watching for the 2.0 release! I do know that if there is a problem with TownHouses in 2.0, you will need a working TownHouses version or risk losing all the houses you currently have!

Hopefully nothing has changed though, the advantage of having no required distro mods =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Update on 2.0 upgrade:

At the moment, there is a 0% chance of TownHouses working on RunUO 2.0. This has to do with extensive Region modifications. Don't give up hope though, I don't like giving up.

~Update:

I always prefer to release scripts that don't require any stock file modifications. I think I can fix this problem with a required stock mod, and would like to get your thoughts on this.

LowCastle

Wanderer
I think it would be wonderful to have a version that works with 2.0. But keep the 1.0 version available for those who do not want to upgrade.

Even if it requires a modification to the distro scripts, I think it would be well worth it.

Manu

Knight
kmwill23 said:
I always prefer to release scripts that don't require any stock file modifications. I think I can fix this problem with a required stock mod, and would like to get your thoughts on this.

If you could give a pointer in the direction of what you would have to change... :)

Altho a no mod version of anything is excellent for this I would mod my distros even if it took several hours to complete lol. Town houses are one of the best additions to the game ever!

Johabius

Knight
evil lord kirby said:
Altho a no mod version of anything is excellent for this I would mod my distros even if it took several hours to complete lol. Town houses are one of the best additions to the game ever!
I'm with him...I don't mind a distro mod or two now and again. I've not used this system before, but from all the reading I've been doing about it looks like something I would really enjoy playing around with...I say go for it.;)

Icedddragon

Wanderer
This system comes under my "most important" category for getting scripts ^^ we have a mainly RP server so house placement tools are a bit stupid...

kmwill23

Sorceror
You should all be happy to learn that I found a way to continue without a distro mod =)

But, I am confronting other serious problems with the new region setup. I will update as I resolve them!

kmwill23

Sorceror
Another update:

I've resolved all the issues save one, which will resolve with RunUO 2.0 RC2.

Here's the situation. To make everything in these houses work like normal RunUO houses, I had to fake RunUO into thinking a house existed using Sectors. One unintended feature of RC1 made the way I did this cause crashes!

At the moment, everything works except for the doors. Secure access can't be set, and none of these doors can be opened =) Slightly more major are shard crashes resulting from demolishing or deleting TownHouses, related to the same problem.

I could release this half-working update, but the deletion problems, while avoidable, would cause server and region instability (Houses wouldn't really delete).

I am trying to find a way around it =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Solution found, and actually much simpler than before =)

I will continue to support versions for both RunUO 2.0 and 1.0. WHen you report a bug, please let me know which version you are using, as different bugs will pop up for both.

There is also an update for the 1.0 version, including two bug fixes involving loss of bounds on server restarts.

Thanks for the patience everyone! And do let me know the moment things go ill =)

Cervontose

Wanderer
Problem with script

Just tried to install this on the shard, got a few errors. Would anyone mind helping out a bit? Using runUO 1.0 pack.

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (6 errors, 0 warnings)

- Error: Scripts\Custom\Shardppack\Knives\Town Houses 1.1\Gumps\TownHouseSetupG
ump.cs: CS1502: (line 561, column 5) The best overloaded method match for 'Knive
s.Utils.GumpPlus.AddButton(int, int, int, int, string, Server.TimerStateCallback
, int)' has some invalid arguments
ump.cs: CS1503: (line 561, column 162) Argument '7': cannot convert from 'Knives
.TownHouses.Intu' to 'int'
ump.cs: CS1502: (line 563, column 5) The best overloaded method match for 'Knive
s.Utils.GumpPlus.AddButton(int, int, int, int, string, Server.TimerStateCallback
ump.cs: CS1503: (line 563, column 166) Argument '7': cannot convert from 'Knives
ump.cs: CS1502: (line 565, column 5) The best overloaded method match for 'Knive
ump.cs: CS1503: (line 565, column 178) Argument '7': cannot convert from 'Knives
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Xeraz

Wanderer
Do we have to add your code or just delete the old one and replace it with yours ?

There is problably something I dont understands

In yours BaseHousePatch.txt u got

public virtual bool IsInside( Point3D p, int height )
{
Sector sector = Map.GetSector( p );

foreach( BaseMulti m in sector.Multis )
{
if ( m != this
&& m is Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse
&& ((Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse)m).ForSaleSign is Knives.TownHouses.RentalContract
&& ((Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse)m).IsInside( p, height ) )
return false;
}

return Region.Contains( p );
}

But in the real BAsehouse.cs we have

public virtual bool IsInside( Point3D p, int height )
{
if ( Deleted )
return false;

MultiComponentList mcl = Components;

int x = p.X - (X + mcl.Min.X);
int y = p.Y - (Y + mcl.Min.Y);

if ( x < 0 || x >= mcl.Width || y < 0 || y >= mcl.Height )
return false;

if ( this is HouseFoundation && y < (mcl.Height-1) && p.Z >= this.Z )
return true;

Tile[] tiles = mcl.Tiles[x][y];

for ( int j = 0; j < tiles.Length; ++j )
{
Tile tile = tiles[j];
int id = tile.ID & 0x3FFF;
ItemData data = TileData.ItemTable[id];

// Slanted roofs do not count; they overhang blocking south and east sides of the multi
if ( (data.Flags & TileFlag.Roof) != 0 )
continue;

// Signs and signposts are not considered part of the multi
if ( (id >= 0xB95 && id <= 0xC0E) || (id >= 0xC43 && id <= 0xC44) )
continue;

int tileZ = tile.Z + this.Z;

if ( p.Z == tileZ || (p.Z + height) > tileZ )
return true;
}

return false;
}

Do we have to add your code or just delete the old one and replace it with yours ???