RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Town Houses

nickomash

Wanderer
IMHO This is one of the finest custom scripts written for RunUO. The incredible ease of use that Knives has incorperated into such an extraordinary system really shows the skill he has.

I am willing to help in any way possible to incorperate this system into RunUO 2.0 upon it's release. I heard it through the grapevine that 1.0 customs will need modded to function in the RunUO 2.0 environment therefore priceless scripts like these need to be upgraded before they are lost forever. If there isnt one in the works than I will dedicate resources to seeing a working TownHouse System broughtback to life with this most anticipated release!

Pyro-Tech

Knight
nickomash said:
IMHO This is one of the finest custom scripts written for RunUO. The incredible ease of use that Knives has incorperated into such an extraordinary system really shows the skill he has.

I am willing to help in any way possible to incorperate this system into RunUO 2.0 upon it's release. I heard it through the grapevine that 1.0 customs will need modded to function in the RunUO 2.0 environment therefore priceless scripts like these need to be upgraded before they are lost forever. If there isnt one in the works than I will dedicate resources to seeing a working TownHouse System broughtback to life with this most anticipated release!

Knives hasn't left the community though, so i am sure he will update it when it comes out....

or if anything, get his permission before you change it over on your own.

This really is a great script, has to be one of the best at that...

Im curiouse about the Renting and Rent to own

the Rent to own seems alot similer to the regular renting...

say you set the price example 100,000 gold, and now you have the
Daily
Weekly
Monthly

payment options, then you have the option for "Recurring Payments" or "rent to own"
and the only way to get "rent to own" is by clicking the Recurring payments"

nickomash

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
or if anything, get his permission before you change it over on your own.

^ I wouldn't dare, nor have the capability to undergo such a task.

I do however want a working RunUO 2.0 TH System in place as it will be integral theme within my shard. My comment was to produce resources to meet the goal. If Knives is considering the upgrade than once the release is official I would be willing to donate in order to expedite my request.

-Regards
Mash

kmwill23

Sorceror
I am still here, patiently waiting for RunUO 2.0 to be released =)

I am reading through the posts I have missed though, and am looking for more information on the two major bugs that have popped up.

Pyro and seanandre, do you have the crashlog for your crashes?

For the locking down bug, does everyone have the most recent patch installed? Previously the problem has been the z-level, but that has been corrected.

If you see me not commenting in topic for an extended period, please feel free to send me a PM, that way I get an email notification! I have a couple more weeks of class left brefore my schedule clears a bit =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
cavatappi said:
i have a problem with this script...
i add the townhousesign... i set the area, but if i go on next, the gump closed :( i have patched all (1 and 2) but the problem persists
what is the problem .?ideas?

ps: sorry for my English :p

Do you get any error messages at all?

Montac

Wanderer
Just an idea... might have already been suggested....

Allow someone who owns a house, rent it out and recieve the rent for it. Remove the owners abilities in the house, so only the renter can lock things and so forth, but allow the owner the ability to 'boot out' the renter if rent hasn't been paid?

kmwill23

Sorceror
Montac said:
Just an idea... might have already been suggested....

Allow someone who owns a house, rent it out and recieve the rent for it. Remove the owners abilities in the house, so only the renter can lock things and so forth, but allow the owner the ability to 'boot out' the renter if rent hasn't been paid?

Already in =)

Because a house can't have two owners, the Renter won't have any kind of access in the rentee's property. They can, however, click a single button in their rental contract or destroy the rental contract to boot the rentee out. If they break the contract they won't get to keep the security deposit though =)

Montac

Wanderer
Ahh yes... found that :) Sorry I wasn't paying much attention when I was looking over it.

Now i've installed it on my shard and am trying it out... got a question:

How does someone 'sign' the rental contract? I've created one for a house, but theres no button or anything to offer it to someone.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Montac said:
Ahh yes... found that :) Sorry I wasn't paying much attention when I was looking over it.

Now i've installed it on my shard and am trying it out... got a question:

How does someone 'sign' the rental contract? I've created one for a house, but theres no button or anything to offer it to someone.

If another player can rent from you, they will see a button when they look at your contract =)

Montac

Wanderer
Got it :) Can't believe i didnt figure that out hehe.

Thanks very much for this script, was hoping someone had something that could do it.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i had a question from awhile back, and it just recently came up again...

when you rent a property to someone, you get two versions of the contract once it is signed...the original again, and the copy...which is supposed to go to whom??:confused: or does it matter??

Vorspire

Knight
i think you just give the copy to the person who is renting?

but i must say that this system is THE BOMB, my shard's economy has skyrocketed when using this script. I even had to edit the sugestion method for the price, so it made the houses more expensive. My players can make 10mil gold in a weeks worth of solid hunting at about 4 hours a day :/

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Admin Vorspire said:
My players can make 10mil gold in a weeks worth of solid hunting at about 4 hours a day :/

how does hunting effect the housing? or are you just using this as a gold sink?

if you want to remove money from economy, try CEO's turboslots...lowerd the gold level on my shard within a week's time to a desirable level :)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech said:
i had a question from awhile back, and it just recently came up again...

when you rent a property to someone, you get two versions of the contract once it is signed...the original again, and the copy...which is supposed to go to whom??:confused: or does it matter??

The copy contract is for the rentee. The player who accepts the rental agreement will get the contract copy in their bag. The renter should take the original agreement back =)

Marlberg

Wanderer
Wow!

kmwill23...

You are a true GOD of UO! Great Script Much ++Karma++ Got it working on my beta shard in less than ten minutes and that was using the optional patches!

t.r.schmidt

Sorceror
It seems I have the same problem as DebbieDoo:

If I add new region-parts to an existing houseregion, everything works fine until I restart the server. Then the Houseregion is just as it was after I first set it up, and so is excluding the new parts, until I again add a region to it, not matter where.

Even if I clear the whole Region using "Clear all": after I reboot it is reverted back to the old setting.

I have installed the the latest version and the patches.

But beside this everything works great and very stable :)