RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Town Houses

Alari

Wanderer
I know that gump is already pretty complex, but maybe it could be an option. =)

And yeah, there's some pretty cool items that aren't scripted. ^.^

Edit: Still trying to figure out what to do with containers. I could always just remove them from the rooms, but I'd like to let renters access them.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Alari said:
I know that gump is already pretty complex, but maybe it could be an option. =)

And yeah, there's some pretty cool items that aren't scripted. ^.^

Edit: Still trying to figure out what to do with containers. I could always just remove them from the rooms, but I'd like to let renters access them.

Are they not able to access them at the moment, or do you want them to have access but not be able to grab them?

Alari

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
Are they not able to access them at the moment, or do you want them to have access but not be able to grab them?

Right now it works one of two ways:

If I choose "give players the items", the dressers get locked down. Items placed in the locked-down dresser also become locked down, un-movable. To make it work like expected, I have to release the container and then say "I wish to secure this" and target it. When the townhouse is demolished, the players receive the dresser (with whatever was inside it still there) in a townhouse items bag in their bankbox, while another dresser is placed in the townhouse for the next renter.

If I choose to not give the players the items, the dresser is not accessable to players. ("That is not your container, you can't store items in it" - or something to that effect.)

I guess dressers aren't THAT special, that to give them to the player on demolish wouldn't be that big of a deal, but ideally what I would like to have an option to happen is: to have the container secured by default instead of locked down, accessable to the players and with the security options of a secure container, but not give them the container when the townhouse is demolished or their rental period expires. (Though I do want to return to them whatever was in the containers.)

I realize this is a special request, modifications I should probably do myself, and that at worst I could always replace the dressers with small wooden boxes or some other cheap container. Though the containers being locked down instead of secured seems odd.

Edit: ... Just noticed the Optional Patches directory. Reading up on those, I'm not sure what they do. ^.^;

Edit2: Well that wasn't too hard. I think will secure containers instead of locking them down:

TownHouseSign.cs:
Code:
		public virtual void ConvertItems( bool keep )
		{
			if ( c_House == null )
				return;

foreach( Item item in new ArrayList( World.Items.Values ) )
				if ( item.Map == c_House.Map && c_House.Region.Contains( item.Location ) )
				{
					if ( item is HouseSign
					|| item is BaseMulti
					|| item is BaseAddon
					|| item is AddonComponent
					|| !item.Visible
					|| item.IsLockedDown
					|| item.IsSecure
					|| item.Movable )
						continue;

if ( item is BaseDoor )
						ConvertDoor( (BaseDoor)item );
					else if ( !c_LeaveItems )
					{
						c_DecoreItemInfos.Add( new DecoreItemInfo( item.GetType().ToString(), item.Name, item.ItemID, item.Hue, item.Location, item.Map ) );

if ( !c_KeepItems || !keep )
							item.Delete();
						else
						{
							item.Movable = true;

[COLOR="Red"]							if ( item is BaseContainer )
							{
								c_House.AddSecure( c_House.Owner, item );
								c_House.Owner.CloseGump( typeof( Server.Gumps.SetSecureLevelGump ) );  // ZOMG HAX!
							}
[/COLOR]							else
								c_House.LockDown( c_House.Owner, item, false );

}
					}
				}
		}

kmwill23

Sorceror
I oringally wanted to have the option to allow players to use the items while owning the home, but lose that access after. One small problem that creates is if they demolish the home without emptying all their containers! I suppose items in the containers could be placed into a seperate bag in the bank.

Alari

Wanderer
I think I'm gonna go with just having some cheap container they could buy on a vendor instead of a dresser. ^.^ Thanks for your help. =) I'll let you know how the AddSecure thing works.

Alari

Wanderer
This works:

Code:
if ( item is BaseContainer )
{
	c_House.AddSecure( c_House.Owner, item );
	c_House.Owner.CloseGump( typeof( Server.Gumps.SetSecureLevelGump ) );  // ZOMG HAX!
}
else
	c_House.LockDown( c_House.Owner, item, false );

Admittedly it's a bit of a hack, but it makes containers secure with a default of "Co-Owner". =) Of course, that's only if I choose "Give items to players" as an option in the Town House setup.

I replaced the dressers with wooden boxes. I'd rather keep the more difficult carpentry items available only through players.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I was wondering if there was any way to edit this to where you could still add custom house items with the static housing? such as additional walls and teleporters?

would it be possible to do or is this out of the question?

also, i had an interesting thing happen that resulted in the crash....im trying to see if i can redo it right now...it haad to do when you demolished a town house, it seemed like it was duping all the items within so....looking into it now

seanandre

Sorceror
I had the same problem as Pyro-Tech here. One of my players had one of the Britain Castles using the Town House system, and there were some problems with him so I removed his account, and when I removed his account, I tried to go into the castle to pick up any items he had in there, and as soon as I got within 1 tile of the castle, the shard crashed.

I ended up permintly removing this system from my shard, because this isn't the first time this has happened.

Dave1969

Wanderer
Bug when owning two townhomes

Theres a problem when a player owns two town homes. They are only able to lockdown and secure in one of the homes. As an admin i would redo the "Area" on the home that wasnt working and then it would work fine. Problem is then their other home they arent able to lockdown or secure. Its a see-saw effect. Fix one other one gets messed up and vice versa. I didnt have this problem with your older version. Dont know why it exists in this one

XenoNeo

Sorceror
Same issue

I think it doesn't matter if you have two houses or not it is all about server restart for me... If I restart the server it kills the houses, well doesn't kill them but they lose the ability to use commands on them... i have players owning some houses and the doors will stop working but some will work and I was thinking it might have to do with "Z". But I might be wrong because I am still trying it out to see what is causing it.

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
Still havin same problem with townhouses...

I read all the posts in here and found that posts 375-377 mention the problem we are having on our shard. We have to go through each house sign so that players can once again lock items down. We do have the latest release installed, instead of the patches. Has this been fixed, or am I doing something wrong?

We built a custom town in the stars in Malas complete with a static housing district specifically for this script, so this is where we are using it and testing it.

Alari

Wanderer
I think you're supposed to install the latest release AND the patches.

However, IANTA (I am not the Author...)

Dave1969

Wanderer
Well I went back to the old version.

Had to redo all the town houses though. If you do go back to old version beware that all the secures and lockdowns in the home will be set to Decays=false. Therefore you cant pick them up. Dont know why i ever installed this new version. Nothing but problems

Cyndrz

Wanderer
TownHouse Issues

I tried to go threw and read all the post but OH My there is alot of them.
We have a somewhat small player base and we allow for 2 houses 1 normal or custom and 1 townhouse. Not all town houses but some we find need to be refreshed each day for player to have there lock downs work correctly, they stay locked down but lose there security letting anyone walk in and take there belongings. We had one player after fulling paying for there townhouse get a meesage they where getting booted out and it pack up his stuff and the place went up for sale again. Our biggest issue is the crashing we are getting from deleting inactive players that own the townhouses when the account is deleted, the townhouse does not go back up for sale and stays sold to no one and when we go near the townhouse at that point we crash. I have also been getting error logs threw the chat system and them I dont understand to save my life LOL... We like the system alot and will hang on to it but will most likely wait to hear from you befor we use it agian. Oh and the renting seems to work the best, no known issues at the moment.

nacrom

Wanderer
ok love this system one small bug or whatnot.. maybe its jsut me

when i try to creat a rental license it stats that it is non constructable

someone know how to incorporate the rental license?

i know i have to change the general.cs script. but if i cannot make the rental license there is not reason to change the script at this time

any help pweese?

Cyndrz

Wanderer
is the townhouse owned already? and your trying to rent part of the house to someone or? To make a place a rental I just added the townhouse sign and choose the area like it tells you to and then it asks if the place is going to be for sale or rent and then if you look within the scripts theres a folder for commands cause I dont remember them all right now but once the place is owned by someone they can say a command for a license to rent an area of the property. Now if you tried all this already and it still isnt working then yes there something wrong LOL. I havent gotten past the issues I am having to even test that part of it yet so my info is coming from what I read within the scripts. Hope I helped alittle.

cavatappi

Wanderer
i have a problem with this script...
i add the townhousesign... i set the area, but if i go on next, the gump closed :( i have patched all (1 and 2) but the problem persists
what is the problem .?ideas?

ps: sorry for my English :p