RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Town Houses

kmwill23

Sorceror
You need to use the Utilities folder that comes with the .zip file. This error list shows that the utilities you are using are quite old.

Cervontose said:
Just tried to install this on the shard, got a few errors. Would anyone mind helping out a bit? Using runUO 1.0 pack.

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (6 errors, 0 warnings)

- Error: Scripts\Custom\Shardppack\Knives\Town Houses 1.1\Gumps\TownHouseSetupG
ump.cs: CS1502: (line 561, column 5) The best overloaded method match for 'Knive
s.Utils.GumpPlus.AddButton(int, int, int, int, string, Server.TimerStateCallback
, int)' has some invalid arguments
ump.cs: CS1503: (line 561, column 162) Argument '7': cannot convert from 'Knives
.TownHouses.Intu' to 'int'
ump.cs: CS1502: (line 563, column 5) The best overloaded method match for 'Knive
s.Utils.GumpPlus.AddButton(int, int, int, int, string, Server.TimerStateCallback
ump.cs: CS1503: (line 563, column 166) Argument '7': cannot convert from 'Knives
ump.cs: CS1502: (line 565, column 5) The best overloaded method match for 'Knive
ump.cs: CS1503: (line 565, column 178) Argument '7': cannot convert from 'Knives
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

kmwill23

Sorceror
First, you should make a backup of the original file. Then completely remove the old code and put the new code in.

Xeraz said:
There is problably something I dont understands

In yours BaseHousePatch.txt u got

public virtual bool IsInside( Point3D p, int height )
{
Sector sector = Map.GetSector( p );

foreach( BaseMulti m in sector.Multis )
{
if ( m != this
&& m is Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse
&& ((Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse)m).ForSaleSign is Knives.TownHouses.RentalContract
&& ((Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse)m).IsInside( p, height ) )
return false;
}

return Region.Contains( p );
}

But in the real BAsehouse.cs we have

public virtual bool IsInside( Point3D p, int height )
{
if ( Deleted )
return false;

MultiComponentList mcl = Components;

int x = p.X - (X + mcl.Min.X);
int y = p.Y - (Y + mcl.Min.Y);

if ( x < 0 || x >= mcl.Width || y < 0 || y >= mcl.Height )
return false;

if ( this is HouseFoundation && y < (mcl.Height-1) && p.Z >= this.Z )
return true;

Tile[] tiles = mcl.Tiles[x][y];

for ( int j = 0; j < tiles.Length; ++j )
{
Tile tile = tiles[j];
int id = tile.ID & 0x3FFF;
ItemData data = TileData.ItemTable[id];

// Slanted roofs do not count; they overhang blocking south and east sides of the multi
if ( (data.Flags & TileFlag.Roof) != 0 )
continue;

// Signs and signposts are not considered part of the multi
if ( (id >= 0xB95 && id <= 0xC0E) || (id >= 0xC43 && id <= 0xC44) )
continue;

int tileZ = tile.Z + this.Z;

if ( p.Z == tileZ || (p.Z + height) > tileZ )
return true;
}

return false;
}

Do we have to add your code or just delete the old one and replace it with yours ???

snowdragon

Sorceror
Chat and Townhouse not working together for 2.0

Not sure what is going wrong...probably id10t error. i will be the first to admit that.:rolleyes: But the command files do they have to merge with each other??? Or are they supposed to work separately from each other?

kmwill23

Sorceror
snowdragon said:
Not sure what is going wrong...probably id10t error. i will be the first to admit that.:rolleyes: But the command files do they have to merge with each other??? Or are they supposed to work separately from each other?

If you have Chat 2.02 for RunUO 2.0, you will need to use the Utilities package that comes with it. This means completely removing the old Utilities folder.

If you have Chat 3.0 there should be no conflicts as long as you have the most recent Utilities package.

archiep

Wanderer
Ive been getting a loading error with townhouses. Im not sure why its only happened twice out of dozens of times Ive restarted with townhouses installed. Both time I get back in game demolish the houses buy them back and it seems to work fine for a while. I cant think of anything that was done different the times that i get this. Heres the error.
Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2223 items, 626 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
 - Type: Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse
 - Serial: 0x40016C77
Delete the object? (y/n)
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, type=Kni
ves.TownHouses.TownHouse, serial=0x40016C77) ---> System.NullReferenceException:
 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.InitSectorDefinition()
   at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
   at Server.World.Load()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Server.World.Load()
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit
Thanks

kmwill23

Sorceror
Which version are you currently using? I am going to assume the version for RunUO 1.0 until you tell me otherwise. Hopefully I'l find the solution very soon =)

archiep said:
Ive been getting a loading error with townhouses. Im not sure why its only happened twice out of dozens of times Ive restarted with townhouses installed. Both time I get back in game demolish the houses buy them back and it seems to work fine for a while. I cant think of anything that was done different the times that i get this. Heres the error.
Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2223 items, 626 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
 - Type: Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse
 - Serial: 0x40016C77
Delete the object? (y/n)
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, type=Kni
ves.TownHouses.TownHouse, serial=0x40016C77) ---> System.NullReferenceException:
 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.InitSectorDefinition()
   at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
   at Server.World.Load()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Server.World.Load()
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit
Thanks

kmwill23

Sorceror
WonderlandADnc said:
hi there has the 1.0 been updated, thanks for your time

There are a couple fixes in there. If you've haven't been having problems with your current version, you don't *need* to download.

archiep

Wanderer
oh! No sorry Im using the 2.0 version (Town Houses v1[1].1 for RunUO2.0) also (Utilities v1.03) and Chat too (Knives Chat 3[1].0 Beta 5). Sorry i didnt post that sooner.Hope you find something I wish I could figure out why it does it sometimes but not most times.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Patch posted for your loading bug!

For everyone: Notice the patch file starts with RunUO 2.0. Don't attempt to put onto a RunUO 1.0 server =P

kmwill23

Sorceror
Ajantis said:
So I can use it for 2.0 now with NO problems then?

The patch is for the RunUO 2.0 version. As far as "No problems, ever", there is no such thing as a bug-free software product =)

Rosey1

Wanderer
I have a perhaps dumb question.
How are you supposed to enter into the contract with someone? If I give it to them, then I don't get it back and can't cancel it. The person entering into the contract does get the copy though.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Rosey1 said:
I have a perhaps dumb question.
How are you supposed to enter into the contract with someone? If I give it to them, then I don't get it back and can't cancel it. The person entering into the contract does get the copy though.

You are right, that can be tricky. Try locking the contract down in the house and allowing them to view and agree to it this way.

Rosey1

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
You are right, that can be tricky. Try locking the contract down in the house and allowing them to view and agree to it this way.

i tried that and it just said i had not access.