RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legend Of Zelda type artifacts

The boat in LoZWW was kinda lame but without it the game woulda been pver in a matter of less than 5-6 hours. I think they needed it for all those side quests and crap which I could have done without.

KODOBEAST

Wanderer
Code:
I heard about you and your chrono maps... how the colors got flipped and stuff... 
anywho... good job... More complete Doubt it...... I have the forrest... the peg 
where the greatsword is... (just deco) I have Each little hole you go into to get to 
the top and... I have both of the sand dungeons done... And I have Hylia lake 
dungeon, and Hyrule castle is done, And I have the little city with all the houses... 
I went ahead and even made the library where you get the book to open the 
sand temple... and its done in the trammel map so there is a dark side too for use
 with the magical mirrior they are talking about... Sooo... when you say something 
is better... I would like you to do your reaserch and actually have something to 
back up what you say...

well sounds interesting ... show me screens of it
a screen of the map ... and of the items ....

hehehe this is gonna turn into a Nintendo shard pretty soon Mario Zelda Chrono Trigger. Who else should we invite? Maybe some Final Fantasy stuff we already got liches and krakens and a lot of the minor enemies.

BTW I have given up on the hookshot I am not that good a scripter so if anyone wants my crappy start let me know I'll post it.

atticus589

Sorceror
Yeah Nintendo

Nintendo was awesome until xbox came out... Another game I wouldn't mind seeing items from though, is Castlevania!!! that game easily matched zelda on snes, it got too out of hand later in the series though....

Ill put pictures of the map on my site so I dont waste RUNUO's bandwidth...
Later to come on that...

kethoth said:
a friend is scripting mario themed items...may i can convince him to post em

yeah get him to post them I'd love to see a super mushroom and a fire flower and oh boy starman!!!!

I think I'll script a mario/luigi suit hehehe

Fluesopp

Wanderer
Then use Summer faceset for Trammel and Winter/vasted for Felucca... So easy, but some of us can't do it the easy way...

A_Li_N

Knight
L0rdDarkScythe said:
I tried working out a boomerang using the ThrowingDagger script.
Still not working completely right it does damage if it hits.
Trying to find a way to make the mobile it hits be paralyzed (maybe cast paralyze when it hits) not sure how to code this. OnHit???
or maybe use GM accesslevel command cantwalk = true
Also effects show dagger flying across screen.
Not sure if there is a better one.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Try effect ID of 8904

Maybe something like this :
Code:
pob OnFired( Mobile Attacker, Mobile defender )
{
   attacker.MovingParticles( defender, 8904, 3, 3, false, true, 0, 4043, 0x211 );
   etc;
   etc;
}
pov OnHit( Mobile attacker, Mobile defender )
{
   defender.MovingParticles( attacker, 0x22C8, 3, 3, false, true, 0, 4043, 0x211 );
   etc;
   etc;
}

That will send out the 'boomerang' and if it hits, it'll come back...you could also maybe make a timer in the OnFired to do both of those things...Sends effect to the defender and starts timer. Timers' onTick method sends an effect back. That way you get the 'come back' effect even if you don't hit. But I think the best ID is the 8904...or one from that area (aka the start of the animation)

A_Li_N said:
Try effect ID of 8904

Maybe something like this :
Code:
pob OnFired( Mobile Attacker, Mobile defender )
{
   attacker.MovingParticles( defender, 8904, 3, 3, false, true, 0, 4043, 0x211 );
   etc;
   etc;
}
pov OnHit( Mobile attacker, Mobile defender )
{
   defender.MovingParticles( attacker, 0x22C8, 3, 3, false, true, 0, 4043, 0x211 );
   etc;
   etc;
}

That will send out the 'boomerang' and if it hits, it'll come back...you could also maybe make a timer in the OnFired to do both of those things...Sends effect to the defender and starts timer. Timers' onTick method sends an effect back. That way you get the 'come back' effect even if you don't hit. But I think the best ID is the 8904...or one from that area (aka the start of the animation)

we already fixed this issue LOL

Alden

Wanderer
Dang im gonna say again that i didnt expect 6 million people hoppin on this post after i made like 5 or so artifacts...very much amazed....

A_Li_N said:
DONT LAUGH AT ME! lol
Guess I musta missed that post. Oh well.
*Goes and hides in his corner again*

Not laughing at you laughing with you. :cool: ;)

Alden said:
Dang im gonna say again that i didnt expect 6 million people hoppin on this post after i made like 5 or so artifacts...very much amazed....

and we're gonna keep posting til we see those Medallions :eek:

Kenshin1591

Wanderer
hmm u knw i've been thinking of a way to combine 2 ideas on this thread... lol stupid but its a thought

how about we make a regular necklace, whtever metal but make it act like a key.
Then have a final dungeon like in OoT (ganon's tower) that u have to unlock 6 doors for the six madalleons (i think it's 6, been a while..) lol just a cool thought, i think i'll give it a shot

lol crap i'm having a bad day about forgetting stuff in posts haha had to come back to edit :rolleyes:

haha it combine's the necklace idea with the gannon boss idea, have the 6 doors finally lead to the roof, with gannon/dorf

Alden

Wanderer
Medallions

Ok since everyone wants meddalions and since im not a good scriptor you guys are gonna get some very tweaked up wands....gimme like a few hours and ill have em on here if i can do that even.

Fluesopp

Wanderer
Just a question. If I downloads the stuff with qustom graphics. Do the others who play on my shard have to download the stuff too?