RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOSS OF MEGABITES.. help please lo

L

Link101

LOSS OF MEGABITES.. help please lo

ok i had my shard up for about 3 days.. on the third day i look and is see a error for loss of megabits (i had 12 left!! thats bad!!!) so i shut it down and deleated the file.. i dont know how to get the memory back.. my megabites are at 354 and i neeeeeed to SOMEHOW get them back tyvm pleassssseeee help me..

L

Link101

i am useing windows xp and its the one under local disk i got 21gigs and only 345 megabites of free space

Quantos

Lord
I would recommend cleaning out temp files, and any unneeded programs or software that is on it, or buying a second hard drive. Also make sure you have an anti-virus scanner and that it's definition file is up to date.

L

Link101

i only have like 7 progs.. uo2d uogateway assist icq AIM nortan systom and zone alarm.. i ran a FULL disk checkup.. and im 12 =p how much are hardrives =p

Quantos

Lord
Something is eating up your harddisk, it's either software or a virus.
Hard disks average around $175.00 for something decent, but I'm in Canada so they may be cheaper if you live in the U.S.

L

Link101

i got all my virus defenitons up.. i use nortan.. do u know of enything better?

Quantos

Lord
Norton is one of the best. Run disk cleanup on it your hard drive, it can usually be found in accessories, system tools.

Quantos

Lord
There's nothing else I can advise you to do except to get somebody to look at it, from the sounds of it you don't have the technical knowledge to run what I would suggest to more experienced users.

L

Link101

jsut 1 last thing... when i had my shard the accounts models monsters ect, HAD to be saved somewhere..therefor i should be abel to deleate them.. i deleated the WHOLE FILE of RUN uo and stuff.....but o well i get someone to look at it TX!

Quantos

Lord
It will save you a few bucks if you know someone that can take care of it for you. Service technicians can get expensive pretty quickly.

L

Link101

hehe =) my dad workes with the guy who built and sold the comp to me.. ima get him to take a look at it this weekend =p tyvm =)

Quantos

Lord
I can't see any logical or illogical reason why RunUO would eat up gigabytes of HDD. I run a fully spawned world and the total directory size is less than 100 megabytes.

L

Link101

all i got on my comp is gateway AIM ICQ UO2d nortan and zonealarm...