RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOSS OF MEGABITES.. help please lo

Quantos

Lord
DaGoose, Link101 is a younger user that admits to very little current technical knowledge, please be careful what you try and talk him through :)

DaGoose

Wanderer
He couldn't be any worse than most of the retards I deal with daily. D

Trying to think of an easy way to find bigger files. You can do a search on the hard drive off of your start menu and choose search by size and put in something large (like 10MB or so) and see what it returns.

DaGoose

Wanderer
K. Bring up Windows Explorer and do a properties on each folder under the C root. Write down the size of each folder and paste them in here.

L

Link101

huh.. should i like deleate the whole file under the harddrive?, do u use ICQ or AIM usen them might make this a little bit easyer =p

DaGoose

Wanderer
K. I'll try to explain it.

Goto your start menu then programs then accessories. There should be a program called windows explorer there. Once you open it, click on my computer and then your c drive. That should bring up a listing of folders/directories under your c drive. Once you get that up use the right mouse button on each folder/directory and choose properties then note down the folder/directory name and size returned and paste them in here.

DaGoose

Wanderer
Look at each folder and post back the results that you get, so I can take a guess at where the problem might be.

L

Link101

MSDOS 1kb PAGEFILE.sys. 737 280 KB ntldr 229 ffastun.ffo160 configsys 0 ffastun0.ffx 200 is there enyway for me to be abel to erase the stuff from the pagefile.. if so il have over 1k mb and ill be good for a wile