RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucid Nagual's << OWLTR & FS Taming Plugin | Carpenter & Fletcher BODs >>

Turmoil

Wanderer
Great job on this system Lucid...

Lucid Nagual said:
You don't want it to read til after it writes. It is trying to read a save that doesn't exist.

I blame it on fatigue that I wasn't able to figure out at first the serialize and deserialize sections of player mobile. My fault... ;)

Thanks for the extra help Lucid in pointing out that it was reading since my error was that and a little more..hehe..It gave me good practice with deserializing.

Everything went fine from my test server to my official shard.

This system works awesome (if followed directions properly and a little know it how) and so far with in game testing, I find no errors or flaws. Your system feels very solid and there are no issues with bod timers, or anything of this matter for all I can see.

Great job on the developement and appreciated the extra help and it was well worth the time to get it to work.

I highly recommend having this complete system to any shard who already have the systems mentioned in post #1.

Thanks again

Turmoil

I blame it on fatigue that I wasn't able to figure out at first the serialize and deserialize sections of player mobile. My fault... ;)

Thanks for the extra help Lucid in pointing out that it was reading since my error was that and a little more..hehe..It gave me good practice with deserializing.

Everything went fine from my test server to my official shard.

This system works awesome (if followed directions properly and a little know it how) and so far with in game testing, I find no errors or flaws. Your system feels very solid and there are no issues with bod timers, or anything of this matter for all I can see.

Great job on the developement and appreciated the extra help and it was well worth the time to get it to work.

I highly recommend having this complete system to any shard who already have the systems mentioned in post #1.

Thanks again
I am happy to hear that it is running :) The biggest problem is all my customs. Trying to put scripts back to the basics so that they can be used on normal shards. Thanks and if any problems occur please contact me :)

Turmoil

Wanderer
So far so good...

So far everything running very smooth.:)

I noticed a new bow with you latest Advanced Archery update (MagicalShortbow.cs). Is it meant to be craftable? Why I'm wondering (just for the others, I already coded my DefBowFletching.cs) but since it was modified here the file DefBowFletching.cs for this system, probably need to be updated for that update...hehe

Keep up the great work...:)

Turmoil

So far so good...
So far everything running very smooth.:)

I noticed a new bow with you latest Advanced Archery update (MagicalShortbow.cs). Is it meant to be craftable? Why I'm wondering (just for the others, I already coded my DefBowFletching.cs) but since it was modified here the file DefBowFletching.cs for this system, probably need to be updated for that update...hehe

Keep up the great work...:)
I will get to it after I finish my "Travel Agent" and get it re-released.

Korbas

Wanderer
Missing Items...

I'm missing a package and I can't find it on the forums:
Code:
>>>Logging started on Friday, December 23, 2005 4:13 PM.
[December 23 04:13:04.9 PM]: RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
[December 23 04:13:04.9 PM]: Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (4 errors, 1 warnings)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Warning: Scripts\Custom\Custom Archery\BaseRanged.cs: CS0162: (line 102, column 7) Unreachable code detected
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefCarpentry.cs: CS0246: (line 194, column 22) The type or namespace name 'ElvenBookshelf' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefCarpentry.cs: CS0246: (line 195, column 22) The type or namespace name 'ElvenBookStand' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefCarpentry.cs: CS0246: (line 196, column 22) The type or namespace name 'BigElvenChair' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefCarpentry.cs: CS0246: (line 197, column 22) The type or namespace name 'ElvenBookStand' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]: Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Turmoil

Wanderer
Korbas said:
I'm missing a package and I can't find it on the forums:
Code:
>>>Logging started on Friday, December 23, 2005 4:13 PM.
[December 23 04:13:04.9 PM]: RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
[December 23 04:13:04.9 PM]: Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (4 errors, 1 warnings)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Warning: Scripts\Custom\Custom Archery\BaseRanged.cs: CS0162: (line 102, column 7) Unreachable code detected
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefCarpentry.cs: CS0246: (line 194, column 22) The type or namespace name 'ElvenBookshelf' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefCarpentry.cs: CS0246: (line 195, column 22) The type or namespace name 'ElvenBookStand' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefCarpentry.cs: CS0246: (line 196, column 22) The type or namespace name 'BigElvenChair' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefCarpentry.cs: CS0246: (line 197, column 22) The type or namespace name 'ElvenBookStand' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]: Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
[December 23 04:13:41.3 PM]:  - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Hmm...your right...you need these items too for this system. I never did much adding in with ML since I'm waiting for 2.0 to be released. I forgot (and maybe got lucky..hehe) that I had a system which had the files you need in. If i didnt have those files, I would have ran into the same errors. Will look for ya where I got them unless Lucid beats me to it...:)

Merry xmas to all...

Edit: I remember this was posted way back in August by mikial. Was a nice completed "Elven" pack. :) http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58408&highlight=elven+furniture
This should be the answer. (Gotta love the 2d parrot...hehe...i'm 3d myself..:))
P.S. I do agree with you Lucid that sometimes it is hard to keep track with all the customs one can have over the years of scripting...hehe

Lord Briton

Wanderer
Help with PlayerMobile

Hi I installed this with No Problems but I get this error with the PlayerMobile any help will be appreciated. This is what i changed:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2246 items, 578 mobiles)
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
 - Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
 - Serial: 0x0000454F
Delete the object? (y/n)

base.Deserialize( reader );
			int version = reader.ReadInt();

switch ( version )
			{
				case 22:
				{
					//NextFletcherBulkOrder = reader.ReadTimeSpan();
					goto case 21;
				}
				case 21:
				{
					//NextCarpenterBulkOrder = reader.ReadTimeSpan();
					goto case 20;
				}
				case 20:
				{
					m_TamingBOBFilter = new Engines.BulkOrders.TamingBOBFilter( reader );
					goto case 19;
				}
				case 19:
				{
					m_Bioenginer = reader.ReadBool();
					NextTamingBulkOrder = reader.ReadTimeSpan();
					goto case 18;
				}

Thanks Lucid for sharing this with us.

Turmoil

Wanderer
Lord Briton said:
Hi I installed this with No Problems but I get this error with the PlayerMobile any help will be appreciated. This is what i changed:

This seems fine, post your serialized part and make sure you put the version to the last deserialized case. (In your case: writer.Write( (int) 22 ); // version)

Also make sure after this part you put the serialized part in the same order as your case #'s...pretty important that. (Don't forget to backup your saved folder incase you mess this up a bit)...:)

Lord Briton

Wanderer
Turmoil said:
This seems fine, post your serialized part and make sure you put the version to the last deserialized case. (In your case: writer.Write( (int) 22 ); // version)

Also make sure after this part you put the serialized part in the same order as your case #'s...pretty important that. (Don't forget to backup your saved folder incase you mess this up a bit)...:)

Thanks Turmoil that worked i did need to use a backup copy of saved folder.

stryder

Wanderer
ok shard starts fine with no errors but when i try to fill a carpenter or bowyer bod with special woods it says "the item is not made from the requested wood type?" for instance quarter staffs that must be exceptional with oak wood, when i try to combine them with the bulk order it gives me the error as stated above? any help would be greatly appreciated, oh and plus my taming bods now say "that isnt an acceptable bod?

ok shard starts fine with no errors but when i try to fill a carpenter or bowyer bod with special woods it says "the item is not made from the requested wood type?" for instance quarter staffs that must be exceptional with oak wood, when i try to combine them with the bulk order it gives me the error as stated above? any help would be greatly appreciated, oh and plus my taming bods now say "that isnt an acceptable bod?
When combining with a large bulk order?

Turmoil

Wanderer
stryder said:

Your Taming bulk order issue has nothing to do with this system. The only reason you get the error "that isnt an acceptable bod?" for your taming bod is because you must have put back your original "daat99 bods.cs" file. You need to mod in your taming bulk order info in that file also (that's if your up to date with Daat99's system).

There seems though to be a little issue I am starting to discouver with the bulk orders. Just seems to be with the material type (still testing...). When getting a large bod and some small bods in fetcher or carpentry, it does say Oak, Pine etc. But when placed in the Bulk Order Book, the material says Invalid and when extracting the bod from the book, the deed becomes grey but properties still there.

Unfortunatly...didn't test enough since the holidays...:)

Turmoil

There seems though to be a little issue I am starting to discouver with the bulk orders. Just seems to be with the material type (still testing...). When getting a large bod and some small bods in fetcher or carpentry, it does say Oak, Pine etc. But when placed in the Bulk Order Book, the material says Invalid and when extracting the bod from the book, the deed becomes grey but properties still there.

Unfortunatly...didn't test enough since the holidays...:)
Yeah I'm still scratching my head lol. If you see something out of place before I do please report it. I'm gonna step away for a bit and spend some time with my daughter. Happy Holidays :)

Turmoil

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
Yeah I'm still scratching my head lol. If you see something out of place before I do please report it. I'm gonna step away for a bit and spend some time with my daughter. Happy Holidays :)

lol...me too I'm still scratching my head. Still looking in the code and for sure will let know if anything is missing. Happy Holidays also :)

stryder

Wanderer
Turmoil said:
Your Taming bulk order issue has nothing to do with this system. The only reason you get the error "that isnt an acceptable bod?" for your taming bod is because you must have put back your original "daat99 bods.cs" file. You need to mod in your taming bulk order info in that file also (that's if your up to date with Daat99's system).
ok i am up to date with daat99, i am getting the same errors as you described with the carpenter and fletcher bods, and i do have the daat99bods.cs file in, when you say mod in the taming bulk order info what exactly am i modding in?

oh and plus my taming bods now say "that isnt an acceptable bod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turmoil

ok i am up to date with daat99, i am getting the same errors as you described with the carpenter and fletcher bods, and i do have the daat99bods.cs file in, when you say mod in the taming bulk order info what exactly am i modding in?
OK what he is saying is this: If you are getting that kind of msg then your are trying to return it the same way as the other BODs, when they should be returned the way FS Taming is set up. I wanted to make the taming BODs the same as the Daat BODs and mine, but would have meant major editing and the fact I would have been messing with Ronin's scripts a bit too much and having to rescript everything. The BODs should be returned to the Animal Trainer. I will look into adding the BOD returns the same way as Daat and my BODs.

From Daat99BODS.cs:
Code:
[SIZE=2]from.SendMessage(32, "This isn't an acceptable bod");
[/SIZE]

stryder

Wanderer
yeah but shouldnt they be returned to the animal trainer where you got the bod from? or am i totally not understanding you? i know where the line you are talking about is at in the script but didnt know what and where i was supposed to edit anything?