RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega Spawner System

45º tan

Wanderer
Hello! i take a question about megaspawner system, i need please if you can help me

What is the function of despawn? i don`t understand this option.

i spawn 5 type of npc in real time.

5pm 6 pm 7 pm , etc... the megaspawner no running corrrectly, and i don`t understand this options. maybe I`m the error :p

thanks!

45º tan

Wanderer
I Prepare the megaspawner to appear 10 fandancer in real time. But when is the correct time the mostruos not appear. I need to make an update in megaspawner in real time showing.

Otherwise it is not what is the function of despawn.

Morxeton

Sorceror
The despawn function is not working for you?

The purpose of despawning is so that you can have monsters appear during certain hours of the day only. These hours can be game hours or realtime hours.

Sythen

Sorceror
Z Axis Spawning Question....

I was playing around with MegaSpawner and was wondering if there was a way to get a mobile to spawn at a specific z axis like (-115 - or in real life terms 115 feet below the surface)... instead of random like it has been doing.

e.g., the physical location of the spawner is at -115 z axis but the npc's or creatures spawn between -115 z axis and 0 z axis anyway.

What I want to happen: all creatures from this spawner just spawn at the same level -115 z axis... lol

any suggestions?

Morxeton

Sorceror
Well it's been probably 3 years since I've looked at the MegaSpawner code, but I would guess is I didn't code it to support what you are asking. When I get a chance (probably not tonight), I'll take a peek and see if that's the case.

Unfortunately I don't support this system anymore since it's too old and I'm out of practice. The fix would require an edit to the spawning settings gump (or whatever it's called), and a whole bunch of changes to add the property to the system. This would require immense amount of work since the system was not coded properly. I should have used OOP methods by creating objects with properties vs the ArrayList nightmare that is this version and all before it. This is of course over 3 years ago and I didn't know C# as well as I do now (of course I'm still not remotely an expert).

I wasn't going to publicly announce this just yet, but take a peek at the first post on this thread under the "Important information" section... :D

Sythen

Sorceror
Morxeton, Morxeton, Morxeton...

I am probably not the only one, yet then again maybe I am, who thinks you should take the time to improve MegaSpawner if you have the time and can do it...lol. Honestly man, this is the BEST spawning program available that I've seen; the others are too much like the RunUO default spawners and are way too complex (for my feeble mind) to use.

MegaSpawner offers a lot of visualizations, the ability to add items not only to containers but also into the packs of individual spawns... and its unique cause its laid out so clearly that a 5 year old can grasp the idea (yes I tested this with my 5yo son). So you've done an awesome job, don't beat yourself over the head cause you think its coded wrong. lol. :p

Morxeton

Sorceror
Thanks for the wonderful comment! However, this version of MegaSpawner is coded wrong... not that I'm beating myself over the head for it, but updating and bug fixing are an absolute nightmare due to the code problems.

One thing I did right for sure was the ease of use and customizations, but the code behind that... oh man. Don't get me started on the disasters that are the gump scripts. Passing ArrayLists around instead of custom objects... ack!

After 3.25 years since the release of v3.68 (this version), I'm actually working on a v4 (I decided this recently when I finally got some code to work perfectly). It will be a complete system rewrite. More details in first post of this thread.

Sythen

Sorceror
Sweet Man, That's Really Good News

Please add in a spawn positioning system ROFL.... okay dream a lot, but it would be an awesome addition to be able to spawn an NPC at the X, Y, and Z coordinates you actually want them to spawn rather than have it random.

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Positioning system or not, I am positive it will be an awesome script :D

kat20

Sorceror
Hello I think this MegaSpawner system looks very well also lord greywolf uses it and from what i can tell he knows what he is doing. My account looks new but ive been reading these forums for years. I do have one problem with MegaSpawner which I have asked for help Below. Thank You

kat20

Sorceror
MegaSpawner ??

I am getting this error ?

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2949.24683
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...ScriptCompiler: CS0246: The type or namespace na
me 'CommandEventHandler' could not be found (are you missing a using directive o
r an assembly reference?)
ScriptCompiler: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not
be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
ScriptCompiler: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventHandler' could n
ot be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

When I try to compile my server with (MegaSpawner) Could anyone tell me what may be causing this ???? Thank You

Morxeton

Sorceror
kat20;736970 said:
When I try to compile my server with (MegaSpawner) Could anyone tell me what may be causing this ???? Thank You

This version was originally designed to operate under RunUO1. Due to the changes to the core in RunUO2, this version will not work. Here is a link to the post for a version that was updated to work with RunUO2 (thanks to Lucid Nagual for the update):

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/76825-runuo-2-0-rc1-morxetons-_mega-spawner_.html

F4B10Z

Wanderer
Hi,
i'm using megaspawner with a recent SVN of RunUO 2.0 (SVN 285 ML 122 to be exact). The system work fine...

...until i restart!

Restarting the server, cause some problems (i think about deserialize maybe?) and he has a problem (after loading every script with no problems) with a megaspawner. He ask me to delete that spawner, and if i say "yes" he ask me if i want to delete EVERY megaspawner on the map.

In every case, if i say "yes" or "no", he says that an exception will be thrown and pressing enter will close the program.

I like MegaSpawner, so i'd like to solve this problem...
Can you pls help me?

peepeetree

Sorceror
So if I have premium spawner spawning my server will putting this in be a problem? Also does this allow me to set specific spawners to only spawn if a person is near it?

Tarn Blackhail

Sorceror
Hi i downloaded the files located at post 1 of this topic. i unzipped them both into my custom scripts folder, and they come out as Mega Spawner v3.68 Part 2 of 2 and Mega Spawner v3.68 Part 1 of 2... the file type is ""file"" it doesnt say CS, and isnt like other scripts located in any directories containing scripts. i try to go in-game and use the [megaspawner command, and no dice, it doesnt work. is there somthing im doing wrong or some special way to do this? specific install instructions to make this script work would be highly appreciated. thanks!

EDIT: i read back some, found the V2a version, and same thing..... i am on runuo 2.0... the problem is they arent scripts, they are files, and the shard doesnt comple them because its just a file, unless its meant to and just simply isnt.....

wiccawolves

Sorceror
help

all i did was add ur mega spawner system and i get this

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (3 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Custom/Mega Spawner/Mega Spawner Main/MegaSpawnerGump.cs:
    CS0246: Line 20: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventHandler' could not
    CS0246: Line 27: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 + Custom/Mega Spawner/DupeSpawner.cs:
    CS0246: Line 16: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventHandler' could not
    CS0246: Line 23: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 + Custom/Mega Spawner/MasterControl.cs:
    CS0246: Line 2862: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not b
e found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.