RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mega Spawner System

If I remeber corectly, the last version of the megaspawner have some problems with other custom scripts...
Wow... RunUO Beta 36 is long time ago *sorts thoughts in mind*

Camerous

Wanderer
I just want to send a big THANK YOU to Morxeton for this spawner tool. It has really brought back the joy to spawning items and monsters. Thanks again!

I was a long time advocate of the MegaSpawner system. It was a really nice system but without the support, you definitely should move on.

I went back to XMLSpawner and I must say that the changes and additions made by Arte over the past year are definitely worth the conversion in the long run.

I had my five facets fully spawned with megaspawner. Using the XML command that converts megaspawner files was extremely simple and took about 10 minutes to convert all my spawns to xml spawners.

In addition, the SpawnEditor2 tool has really grown into an amazing asset for Admins and GM's. Worth a look too.

Morxeton

Sorceror
MegaSpawner System v4.0 is in progress. The system is being totally rewritten from scratch.

Estimated first public release date: April 24th
(This date may change at any time as development progresses.)

Information:

* You will be required to export your spawners to a .msf file and remove all of the old MegaSpawner scripts before upgrading. Due to the major changes to the new system, the serialization of the new system will NOT be compatible with the older system.

* I originally planned to not support pre-v3.68 .msf files, but I have decided to support all .msf files by basing the import code from the v3.68 system.

* There will be an advanced debug and monitoring system that can detect possible bugs and leaks in the code, which is optional and can be enabled/disabled on the fly as it will require a little bit more resources to operate.

* There will be an error reporting service that can be enabled/disabled in which will automatically e-mail information from the debug log to [email protected]. You can also choose to manually send this log at any time.

* The system will run on it's own application and link into the RunUO server via a .dll file and a single script to initialize the system. This will allow the spawning system to run on a separate machine (i.e. another server on the local network) to reduce resource consumption on the RunUO server.

Any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to reply to this thread or e-mail [email protected].

I have not listed all of the ideas at this time.

RANCID77

Wanderer
So this is why ya havent been on WoW... LoL if ya need any help bro ill be glad to help ya.. and if ya dont remember the name RANCID then just icq that pimp in Texas ya know so well :rolleyes:

Morxeton

Sorceror
RANCID77 said:
So this is why ya havent been on WoW... LoL if ya need any help bro ill be glad to help ya.. and if ya dont remember the name RANCID then just icq that pimp in Texas ya know so well :rolleyes:
Haha freak. What's up man?

MegaSpawner System v4.0 is in progress. The system is being totally rewritten from scratch.

Estimated first public release date: April 24th
(This date may change at any time as development progresses.)

Information:

* You will be required to export your spawners to a .msf file and remove all of the old MegaSpawner scripts before upgrading. Due to the major changes to the new system, the serialization of the new system will NOT be compatible with the older system.

* I originally planned to not support pre-v3.68 .msf files, but I have decided to support all .msf files by basing the import code from the v3.68 system.

* There will be an advanced debug and monitoring system that can detect possible bugs and leaks in the code, which is optional and can be enabled/disabled on the fly as it will require a little bit more resources to operate.

* There will be an error reporting service that can be enabled/disabled in which will automatically e-mail information from the debug log to [email protected]. You can also choose to manually send this log at any time.

* The system will run on it's own application and link into the RunUO server via a .dll file and a single script to initialize the system. This will allow the spawning system to run on a separate machine (i.e. another server on the local network) to reduce resource consumption on the RunUO server.

Any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to reply to this thread or e-mail [email protected].

I have not listed all of the ideas at this time.
I just got a boner.

mitty

Sorceror
problem?

Ok I downloaded and unzipped these files put them in the Run UO scripts file and named it *custom*. I logged on the server, standing in world and dont know how to get megaspawner to work? What am I doing wrong? (sorry but im new)

Morxeton

Sorceror
mitty said:
Ok I downloaded and unzipped these files put them in the Run UO scripts file and named it *custom*. I logged on the server, standing in world and dont know how to get megaspawner to work? What am I doing wrong? (sorry but im new)

Type [MegaSpawner

Tanya1965

Wanderer
I have used the mega now for over a year, but recently its spawning all over the place, say i have a mount on 999 - 1000 (example only) its running over the spawn time say 1890 hours and still not poping out, well I could cope with this as I keep an eye on certain rares, but I am now having awful probs with t chests, I spawn them should respawn every 24 hours but they do not ever spawn unless I poke them, the new system sounds "droooooooolie" can't wait for that one to come in.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
if you dont setup the repsawn times properly, the items won't spawn, or you might have the spawns set to spawn based on proximity. post a snapshot of the two pages with the spawn info if your still stuck.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
dont use 25 hours as your respawn.

try 23, and then also dont do 22/23, other wise the same person will just keep getting it everyday at around the same time.

try this 11/23 so it will pick a random time between the two dates.

Goodluck

-Sly

VertiCody

Sorceror
I just wanna see if you are going to update for 2.0... I didn't see anyone ask in the posts.

If I missed it, i'm sorry, if you do Thank you... :p

sorry forogt to add this...

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (3 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + customs/New/Mega Spawner v3[1].68/Mega Spawner/Mega Spawner Main/MegaSpawnerG
ump.cs:
    CS0246: Line 20: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventHandler' could not
be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 27: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 + customs/New/Mega Spawner v3[1].68/Mega Spawner/DupeSpawner.cs:
    CS0246: Line 16: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventHandler' could not
be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 23: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not be
found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 + customs/New/Mega Spawner v3[1].68/Mega Spawner/MasterControl.cs:
    CS0246: Line 2862: The type or namespace name 'CommandEventArgs' could not b
e found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)[CODE]
[/CODE]
that's the error i get when i use this version...