RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merlins Quest

LostSinner

Wanderer
Merlins Quest

Merlin's Quest

Description:

A twisting and turning quest that starts out by simply saving Merlin from Mordrids imprisionment. And leads you on an adventure all over Tram, Malas and Ish.

Instalation:

Simply drop into you custom folder.

Instructions

Are covered in the read me file. Also make sure people read that gumps they are key in this quest as in any for that matter. Also make sure to test these monsters to make sure they are the right difficulty on your shard.

Credits

Arte Gorden
GreyStar
Datt99
Lysdexic
And the run U.O. community

Fixed
All bugs causing crashes due to pets killing Quest monsters.
MerlinsField is now fixed as well
Re-Edited the OnDeath method() should work alot smoother imo.
Death tile bug trupped by summoned monsters
Merlins earrings being handed even without collection of the sphere.

New Version 1.0.3
New ReadMe file

Attachments

• New Rich Text Document.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,248
  • MerlinQuest.zip
    57 KB · Views: 1,442

LordHogFred

Knight
Quest is really cool. Only problem I can see is that the monsters have far too much gold for how hard they are.

Also are the artifacts given by the monsters really needed?
I don't like artifacts on my shard so I will take them out if they are just rewards from doing the quest.

blue77

Wanderer
If an creature walks over the death tile or wanders into Merlins Field the server crashes :( Only thing I found so far, but I am still trying to test out the quest. I'll post if I find anything else.

I just found that the server also crashes if you use an animal to kill Talon :( TS for tamers?

That was enough crashes for one day, I don't think I'm going any further with this one. Thx for sharing, it's a good idea just needs some fixes. As is, it is too unstable for me.

LostSinner

Wanderer
Well LordHogFred it's like this it's a free scripted quest with free support and fixes. 20+ hours went into making this quest. To me the main parts are there. If someone choses to take this quest and mod it to fit their shard that's cool I made it for people to enjoy. I also noted to check the strenghts on your shard you may own them where as on another shard they might be way over powerful. *Shrugs* I figure if people want less gold they can adjust it if they want them stronger they can adjust. For a free script I don't think it's half bad. As for the Artifacts they aren't nessecary but think of it like this if one wanted he could yank that out and set it aside and do something else with any of the quest items i.e. WingG's, GuardianCrest, MerlinsEarrings, BladeOfTorment. and not even use the quest. The only thing that matters to me is people enjoy my scripts.

And Blue well *Shurgs* it's a quest it's my second one I was using new methods instead of OnDoubleClick() I went with OnDeath() I felt I had the majority of them worked out till I read your post then I turn to find out that when a pet killed; Talon, TheGuardian, TheGargoyle, Talon5 that it would cause a crash. and forgot to implement the allowpets bool on the MerlinsField. Yeah that's a butt load of mess ups but most of my time is spent writing or re-writing sections of code. then running it through the mill real quick. In my opinion taking a quest hot off the press means you're going to run into errors and possible crashes yeah this was a bit much. But for a free script with free fixes *Not counting the six hours I spent working on them till Lysdexic cleared things up, thanks again Lysdexic* Can one really be dissapointed. A little patience and look I can say it sould run tottally error free. I spent around an hour testing and retesting. and all seems good. Download the new version and enjoy and thanks for suffering so that all would have a better script.

cuy782002

Wanderer
getting crashes

ok the quest is great and alot of fun but every time a player gers to talan 3rd form it crashes

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Mobiles.Talon3.OnDeath(Container c)
at Server.Mobile.Kill()
at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.Mobiles.VampiriacSteed.DrainLife()
at Server.Mobiles.VampiriacSteed.OnGaveMeleeAttack(Mobile defender)
at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
at Server.Items.Fists.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
at Server.CombatTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

hope is just something i did and not in the .cs

LostSinner

Wanderer
ok Let me look into it. I just noticed someting that it occured while a vampsteed killing him. Well I killed him repeativly with my vamp steed *Side note* nice to see you also have the Vamp quest* but I couldn't get it to re-occur for me. Download this zipped version of Talon3 and test again using the vamp steed. If it re-occurs try to kill him with any other type of pet and tell me the results if it only occurs while being killed with the vamp steed paste your alter'd version of the steed up here. But honestly it seems the error is throwing here in the coded section in red. Have you alterd it? by chance.

Well I've looked into it and it seems I left out a chunk of code, I went through all the monsters/bosses and redid them all with the proper chunk of code I forget. Which was base.OnDeath(c); not 100% sure that'll solve the issue of null object reference but I know that the scrpts needs that in there. So I uess just re-download and drop over and all should be set. New version has been up loaded. Thanks for your patience

Attachments

• TalonQM3.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 155

cuy782002

Wanderer
LostSinner said:
ok Let me look into it. I just noticed someting that it occured while a vampsteed killing him. Well I killed him repeativly with my vamp steed *Side note* nice to see you also have the Vamp quest* but I couldn't get it to re-occur for me. Download this zipped version of Talon3 and test again using the vamp steed. If it re-occurs try to kill him with any other type of pet and tell me the results if it only occurs while being killed with the vamp steed paste your alter'd version of the steed up here. But honestly it seems the error is throwing here in the coded section in red. Have you alterd it? by chance.

Well I've looked into it and it seems I left out a chunk of code, I went through all the monsters/bosses and redid them all with the proper chunk of code I forget. Which was base.OnDeath(c); not 100% sure that'll solve the issue of null object reference but I know that the scrpts needs that in there. So I uess just re-download and drop over and all should be set. New version has been up loaded. Thanks for your patience

thz fer da quick repost im adding it now all let u know if its all good on tuseday:D

cuy782002

Wanderer
LostSinner said:
No problem, and sounds good I'll keep my ear to the floor for a reply letting me know if it helped any.

u da man lol every thing worked out great and the players r haven fun with it hope to see some more quests in the furter

LostSinner

Wanderer
:) that's great to hear. and quests hrm I've got this huge one in the works at the moment but it's unreal. I think I'm not going to tool around with any others till this ones done and every! bug has been worked out lol. But it's good to hear that they're enjoying it. :) thanks for putting use to my scripts, late.

Karmageddon

Sorceror
I must say good quest, but i put it in and got a crash.....

This is my crashlog:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.DeathTile.OnMoveOver(Mobile m)
at Server.Mobile.Move(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMoveImpl(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d, Boolean badStateOk)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.WalkRandom(Int32 iChanceToNotMove, Int32 iChanceToDir, Int32 iSteps)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.WalkRandomInHome(Int32 iChanceToNotMove, Int32 iChanceToDir, Int32 iSteps)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoActionWander()
at Server.Mobiles.MeleeAI.DoActionWander()
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.Think()
at Server.Mobiles.AITimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I can tell that it has to do with the deathtile, but not sure what is wrong.......

Found out why this crash happened.... onme of the players cast an Energy Vortex inside the field on a death tile.......

cuy782002

Wanderer
Karmageddon said:
I must say good quest, but i put it in and got a crash.....

This is my crashlog:

I can tell that it has to do with the deathtile, but not sure what is wrong.......

Found out why this crash happened.... onme of the players cast an Energy Vortex inside the field on a death tile.......

Yeah i had the same thing but after i reinstalled the talon3 in post #7 i haven had any crashes sence. Hope im of any help;)

And btw i cant wait the see your next quest :D :D

LostSinner

Wanderer
odd I'll look into it. Have you got the newest version Karmageddon? well either way I'm on it and will replay shortly I hope lol.

LostSinner

Wanderer
Ok got the fix, sorry about the wait cats. Just drop this in and all should be fine. Thanks for your patience

Attachments

• DeathTile.zip
    673 bytes · Views: 127

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Thanks for the fix LostSinner... and yes I did have the latest version, I had waited to find out if all the other bugs were taken care of before i put it in.

Dark Velvet

Wanderer
Lost Sinner,
This maybe just a blonde thing but I have a couple of questions for you on the quest . We have added it to our shard and today I went through the quest myself which was good thing because number 1 I did not see in your text document to add a guy named Peraniese the scholar to trinsic somewhere, and 2nd the Merlin2 that you did say to spawn in Nujel'm was never even used in the quest at all. Can you please help me understand what I am missing thank you !! Dark Velvet:)

Help?

Okay, this may be a stupid question, but where is Marble Island? So far, I'm still setting up and I don't know where that is. Thanks in advance for the help.

LostSinner

Wanderer
Today 05:36 AM
Karmageddon Thanks for the fix LostSinner... and yes I did have the latest version, I had waited to find out if all the other bugs were taken care of before i put it in.

k I'm glad to get things back on track and goodthinking on waiting lol.

cuy782002 So what is this new quest about anyways if u dont mined telling us

it's going to be semi Huge dealing with two warring kingdoms; Babalon and Zion. The player will chose rather to be in the BlackBrigade=Babalon / the CrimsonKnights=Zion. Once joined to their respective sides they will do missoins for their side gather intel that kind of thing till war begins. When they hit a certian part of the quest they'll recieve messages saying *Zion*/*Babalon* is under attack. at this location* blah blah* Each battle the player will be expected to kill X amount of the opossing army. At which point a leader/general of the opposing army will be spawned and the player must kill him. Then take his head back to said *General* on their side. Eventually that player gains enough heads to be rewarded for his combat efforts. *insert reward here*

Today 04:46 PM
Dark Velvet Lost Sinner,
This maybe just a blonde thing but I have a couple of questions for you on the quest . We have added it to our shard and today I went through the quest myself which was good thing because number 1 I did not see in your text document to add a guy named Peraniese the scholar to trinsic somewhere, and 2nd the Merlin2 that you did say to spawn in Nujel'm was never even used in the quest at all. Can you please help me understand what I am missing thank you !! Dark Velvet

Thanks for cathcing the peraniese ting I'll add the corrected version to this post as well as correct the download's version too. And merlin2 is used. You still need to dbl click the staff/MerlinsStaff2 while eqquipped with MerlinsBook2 in pack to open a gate to Merlin 2 who will be at the palace in Nujel'm then talk to merlin with both items in your pack and he'll give you the Sword of Torment. If that doesn't ake sense let me know k :)

Today 04:48 PM
WanderingRage Okay, this may be a stupid question, but where is Marble Island? So far, I'm still setting up and I don't know where that is. Thanks in advance for the help.

You can get to Marble Island through Spider Cave in Ish. Go into the cave work your way South-West till you go out the exit keep going down and you'll see some rune markings on the ground step on them and it'll take you to Marble Island.

anything else cats? :)

Attachments

• New Rich Text Document.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 92