RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merlins Quest

deathwish

Wanderer
Merlins Quest

Your assuming wrong it wasn't a week i tryed to do like 2 in the same day and nither of them did gave me the book and i have started from the beginning everytime. Am trying to get to work many times but failed. So whats the deal and wheres this marble island if it isn't in fel or tram like the map's say.

LostSinner

Wanderer
Quote:
Today 04:48 PM
WanderingRage Okay, this may be a stupid question, but where is Marble Island? So far, I'm still setting up and I don't know where that is. Thanks in advance for the help.

You can get to Marble Island through Spider Cave in Ish. Go into the cave work your way South-West till you go out the exit keep going down and you'll see some rune markings on the ground step on them and it'll take you to Marble Island.

that above is a quote from a previous question Quite some time ago. Chances are if you're going to ask something that the answer is already been posted. Check before you ask something that's been ask before. With you simply stating it's not dropping x that doesn't give me the information I need to make a fix. Follow the steps if you're the Admin. and I'll aid. If you however are not anyone in control of scripts etc. know that this is not player help line. That's the deal.

And deathwise is this on your shard??? hrm Aparently judging by what you wrote I doubt it.

It's been almost a month and a half no bugs no errors. I've ran through it a thousand times. If the quest is not working like it's supposed to and you are the admin/scriptor/person who implements scripts follow the guide I gave you.

If you need steps on what to do re read the guide that came with the quest. If after re-doing completely and still having problems. Download the newest version of the quest. Re-test if the problem persists... Reply

This is what you need to consider it's code it does exactly what it's told to do. If it works for everyone else including me chances are it's either a conflict in scripts or it has been modified. If you where a GM deathwish you would see the markers I perviously mention and look for them to make sure that they are dropping. Which going back to the previous statement it's coded to drop and coverd on all aspects it's going to drop! unless mod'd or have conflict in scripts period.

valor

Wanderer
Merlins Student

Ok :) maybe a dumb question but, when i read the readme it said no where about merlins student, and i dont think i have that mobile in the package :S so i had simply started from merlin in wind, because i didnt know about merlins student untill it had told me about it after i killed talon, to get the book... am i missing it? or is it just named something else, because i dont see it in the scripts either :D thanks guys :p

deathwish

Wanderer
Merlins Quest

Yes this is my own shard and have went throught it about 3 freakin times and each time no freakin spell book and i have the updated files too. So whats the deal ? Fix the dang script. :] And it's Deathwish not Deathwise. And grow up. And I have followed the Instrutions to the teeth. So to speak. So it's the script maybe because it work's on your shard doesn't mean it works on other's.

LostSinner

Wanderer
deathwish Yes this is my own shard and have went throught it about 3 freakin times and each time no freakin spell book and i have the updated files too. So whats the deal ? Fix the dang script. :] And it's Deathwish not Deathwise. And grow up. And I have followed the Instrutions to the teeth. So to speak. So it's the script maybe because it work's on your shard doesn't mean it works on other's.

Something you need to understand Deathwish demanding will more than likely get you no where. Nor will carrying an attitude towards the scriptor. As for the mis-spelling of your name I cought that after I Submitted the reply. And felt no need in correcting it. Something else you might want to consider People have life's much like myself. And sometimes life don't allow for individuals to "candy" to other peoples needs. It's my script freely distributed, I have no obligation to "FIX" it at every whim or every problem. It's a bonus for you if I "support" my scripts. As far as the "Grow Up bit" well I need not say what you can do with it. But consider how you came off with "your" requests for information/fixes.

With that said anyone aside from Deathwish who is having issues with this script send me a
message and I will gladly help you get a fix as well as send you a Generate command for the Quest.

Camilla

Wanderer
Ive come to a stump in the quest myself, we have it set up just as you have stated, but when we go back to tell Talon about how we got the spellbook, an we kill him, here is no message of where or what to do next. Are we missing something here? Other then of course so far its a great quest.

coyan

Sorceror
after killing Mordrid it says that i need to go see merlins student since I got merlins spellbook, But, I see no book, not on the corpse, or in my pack, I decided to go kill talon anyway, and after talking to him, all i get is a small line in the bottom left saying, "Where is the spellbook??" and it ends there...

I love the entire concept of this quest so far... but Im also a little stumped as to where ankh dungeon is, and wisp dungeon.... :)

anyway, great job so far, love the arties... :)

Johabius

Knight
coyan said:
I love the entire concept of this quest so far... but Im also a little stumped as to where ankh dungeon is, and wisp dungeon.... :)

anyway, great job so far, love the arties... :)
Not sure about the book thing because I haven't tested out this script yet, but ankh and wisp dungeons can be found in Ilshenar;)

coyan

Sorceror
just found that the book is still set to loottype = blessed, so it will never drop when you kill mordrid.. :) fixing that now....

thanks for the dungeon spots, i will find em.. :) I dont play much in ilish, guess i will have to now huh.. lolol... :)

coyan

Sorceror
ok, got the book to drop, but the gate that talon opens does not last long enough... if you read all in the gump that pops up.. :)

gonna add a bit on to that gate and see how it goes next time...

OH YA.. I dont like that curse... :) -99 mana blows... :)

Desiree

Wanderer
Peraniese response and Mordrid book drop

I found the key words that Peraniese responds to by checking the .cs file, otherwide no hint at all of what to say to get him to interact with you. Second, I agree that unless LootType=LootType.Blessed is commented out, the spellbook of Merlin is NOT found on the corpse of Mordrid at all. Thirdly, on death of morphing Talon in Ankh, you end up with Merlin's staff and spellbook, but no idea of what to do next. I made a guess, and [added MerlinsGate2, which took me to the Merlin in Nujel'm where the quest concluded. Should not the gate to Merlin have opened upon death of morphing Talon? This is running the quest on a completely unmodified install of RunUO 1.0 and no other custom scripts installed at the time.

talon is already red at all times and never blue, also no quest is accepted i mean you click accept but is there no way to see that you are doing the quest cause when you left click yourself it does not show the view quest logs!

This script has great potential, but I found a few glaring errors which prompted me to remove it from testing until either you or I fix the code.

#1. Upon getting the sphere of protection and returning to merlin, if you hand it to him while standing on a death tile, the gate forms under your feet. Now most people walk off and back into a gate rather than double-clicking it. That will cause you to be transported to see Mordrid while dead since you already handed the sphere to Merlin and then walked back into the death tile.

#2. Killing Mordrid (way too hard IMO) produced no spellbook, and a mention of seeing some student which is mentioned nowhere in the gump text.

#3. The documentation doesn't flow well, nor does it mention which map to install all these monsters to (Its Tram btw)

If you are not updating this script, let me know so I can either trash it or add it to my growing list of things to do. It's definitely an excellent start, but could use some polish. :)

Broadside

Wanderer
I have a gm that put the talon bracelet on and went to 1 int withought being in quest and we have no idea how to remove curse is there a comand or simple way?

New Dawns

Wanderer
Broadside...add its either marker1 or marker2 to his pack and have him equip and unequip the bracelet that should fix his int.

Ankron

Wanderer
camberman2003 said:
This script has great potential, but I found a few glaring errors which prompted me to remove it from testing until either you or I fix the code.

#1. Upon getting the sphere of protection and returning to merlin, if you hand it to him while standing on a death tile, the gate forms under your feet. Now most people walk off and back into a gate rather than double-clicking it. That will cause you to be transported to see Mordrid while dead since you already handed the sphere to Merlin and then walked back into the death tile.
Dido for me as well.