RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merlins Quest

cuy782002

Wanderer
it's going to be semi Huge dealing with two warring kingdoms; Babalon and Zion. The player will chose rather to be in the BlackBrigade=Babalon / the CrimsonKnights=Zion. Once joined to their respective sides they will do missoins for their side gather intel that kind of thing till war begins. When they hit a certian part of the quest they'll recieve messages saying *Zion*/*Babalon* is under attack. at this location* blah blah* Each battle the player will be expected to kill X amount of the opossing army. At which point a leader/general of the opposing army will be spawned and the player must kill him. Then take his head back to said *General* on their side. Eventually that player gains enough heads to be rewarded for his combat efforts. *insert reward here*

all i can say is "WOOW" cant wate to see this one

i hope u keep all these great quests comming:D :D

Johabius

Knight
Just wanted to thank you for the quest...looks great, haven't had a chance to test it on my shard yet, but I might get my wife to test it for me tomorrow. Thanks for the hard work that you put into your quest scripts;)

Thank You for the quest wen through it with np until the Trinsic incident. Didn't read post before i tried it. But after i added the guy it was all good. Thank You again Great Job!! :D

Johabius

Knight
LostSinner said:
:) smiles thanks. I really appreciate all the feedback even the negative lol.
You just keep putting out great scripts like this one and I'll keep adding them to my production shard.:cool:

LostSinner

Wanderer
lol, :) no problem, actually I guess I'll mention my next release scince it's coming up shortly... It's a pet!!!! somewhat like the EVO Dragon/Merc. But with a whole lot of extras and not nearly as invunerable. lol it's 100 levels 10 stages 30 forms/bodyvalues it can assume depending on level/stage also hidden bodyvalues. In human form stage 9/ level 80 it can assume a human male /female form and equip items to gain in other skills and resists/ fully suited it has max resist of 85 which can be adjusted... will note how to in the script. has power balls to add to specific damage types and resistballs doing the same. In human form it can heal the owner with aids and even res them! Thinking about tossing in a random effect coiciding with their strongest damage type. Oh by the way this pet is also mountable in any form and the player can chose what style mount it is! Not to mention in horde minion form it'll grab useful items on the ground and loot corpses.. Oh Yeah! not sure if this pet is too much yet seeing how much it does but I've had a blast writing the code for this. I figure another week or so of testing and I'll drop it out on the market. Till then let me know what cha cats thing about it. Thanks ooo btw I think I'm going to add a difficulty to gaining levels determined by the players taming and lore abilities. *shurgs* anyhow.. that's it for now. Lookfor the Babalon/Zion script in about three weeks or so. :) got a couple projects that need handled before I can get back to it.

cuy782002

Wanderer
LostSinner said:
lol, :) no problem, actually I guess I'll mention my next release scince it's coming up shortly... It's a pet!!!! somewhat like the EVO Dragon/Merc. But with a whole lot of extras and not nearly as invunerable. lol it's 100 levels 10 stages 30 forms/bodyvalues it can assume depending on level/stage also hidden bodyvalues. In human form stage 9/ level 80 it can assume a human male /female form and equip items to gain in other skills and resists/ fully suited it has max resist of 85 which can be adjusted... will note how to in the script. has power balls to add to specific damage types and resistballs doing the same. In human form it can heal the owner with aids and even res them! Thinking about tossing in a random effect coiciding with their strongest damage type. Oh by the way this pet is also mountable in any form and the player can chose what style mount it is! Not to mention in horde minion form it'll grab useful items on the ground and loot corpses.. Oh Yeah! not sure if this pet is too much yet seeing how much it does but I've had a blast writing the code for this. I figure another week or so of testing and I'll drop it out on the market. Till then let me know what cha cats thing about it. Thanks ooo btw I think I'm going to add a difficulty to gaining levels determined by the players taming and lore abilities. *shurgs* anyhow.. that's it for now. Lookfor the Babalon/Zion script in about three weeks or so. :) got a couple projects that need handled before I can get back to it.

sweet bro take your time and make it awsom like the last u said this is going to take a wile for player to finsh right?.....LOL:D

AObhaal

Wanderer
Its a great script I moved it from my Test shard to my Public one yesterday morning and everyone loves it. I cant wait to see your pet script it sounds awesome! Keep up the awesome work.

LostSinner

Wanderer
Sweet!

AObhaal
Its a great script I moved it from my Test shard to my Public one yesterday morning and everyone loves it. I cant wait to see your pet script it sounds awesome! Keep up the awesome work.

Awsome Nothing better than hearing that AObhaal :)

cuy782002
sweet bro take your time and make it awsom like the last u said this is going to take a wile for player to finsh right?.....LOL

hehehe, It'll rock I'm sure and if the quest won't keep them busy gathering the items to make their pet stronger will! lol. not to mention it'll take at minimum the time it takes to evolve a dragon if not longer cause I implemented an alterior xp scaler for if they are fighting Harry Muahahahaha no quick gains here well atleast not to quick. :D

New Dawns

Wanderer
Just gotta say great script the players love it.

Found one problem though players can cancel the gump giving Merlin the sphere of protection and get the earrings anyway.

What would I have to add to make them have to give the sphere to get the earrings and not be able to get another sphere til the quest is complete.

Thanks for any help.

LostSinner

Wanderer
Ug that's not cool

Heres the fix just drop these files over the others k :) Thanks for catching that... I'll throw the new version up :) thanks agian!

Attachments

• MerlinQM.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 75
  • MerlinsQuestGump1.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 70

Dave1969

Wanderer
When accepting the quest I get no Updates

When accepting the quest I get no Updates. I talk to Talon and he tells me to go to wind park. Is Taon the guy who starts the quest or what?

Ysanne

Wanderer
just a quick note

This will probably end up with me being flamed but,

The island where the gargoyle is spawned is not Marble Island. Marble Island is located in Trammel and Felucca and has one of the entrances to the Lost Lands on it.

The island you are talking about is the island that contains Reg Volom. Not sure if that is the name of the island or the building located there.

The name Marble Island had me confused a bit umtil I read another post asking where it is located.

Dave1969

Wanderer
Mordrid will not drop Merlins Spellbook. Please help

ive killed him like 15 times on my test shard and he refuses to drop merlins spellbook. What am i doing wrong?

JoAnna

Wanderer
I been testing this script it works fine until I return to Talon after killing mordrid He opens no gate or anything all I get is a dead body and a message that says where is the book? Can you help with this thanks

JoAnna

Wanderer
I figured out the problem in my previous post Two things you should know Merlins SpellBook was blessed and so was the gargoyle's wings so these 2 things was not dropping. After I changed the loottype had no problems with the quest. Thanks for great quest and keep up the good work looking forward to your next endeveour

LostSinner

Wanderer
well I've been away honing my programming skills as to wqhy such the delay on replying.
Ysanne This will probably end up with me being flamed but,

The island where the gargoyle is spawned is not Marble Island. Marble Island is located in Trammel and Felucca and has one of the entrances to the Lost Lands on it.

The island you are talking about is the island that contains Reg Volom. Not sure if that is the name of the island or the building located there.

The name Marble Island had me confused a bit umtil I read another post asking where it is located.

Not sure why you assumed this would bring a flame. But ok whatever...thanks for the clarification that the island I was speaking when I stated "Marble Island" was actually another one in full. And to add to this when I started scripting I had only played UO for about 10 months not enough to know *everything about the game*... *shrugs*

Today 06:19 PM
deathwish I cant the spell book to spawn after you kill Mordrid. Is it something am doin wrong.

Yesterday 06:54 PM
JoAnna I figured out the problem in my previous post Two things you should know Merlins SpellBook was blessed and so was the gargoyle's wings so these 2 things was not dropping. After I changed the loottype had no problems with the quest. Thanks for great quest and keep up the good work looking forward to your next endeveour

Yesterday 03:15 PM
JoAnna I been testing this script it works fine until I return to Talon after killing mordrid He opens no gate or anything all I get is a dead body and a message that says where is the book? Can you help with this thanks

07-30-2005 06:34 PM
Dave1969 ive killed him like 15 times on my test shard and he refuses to drop merlins spellbook. What am i doing wrong?

Well I cannot vouch for sure seeing how I haven't had this problem in tests... But I'd assume you waited over a week/ it's took over a week to get that far. When I made this quest it was intended to be done *In Order* and with-in a time limit... One, From the first kill you have a week roughly to finish the quest otherwise you'll need to start over. Two Are you killing the right version of talon? Three are you doing the quest from the begining and working your way through it?

When this quest was designed it was intended to keep people from skipping around and grabbing whatever arti was in need and selling it off to the highest bidder. At the time I implemented items to mark how far they was in the quest *Marker1, Marker2* which auto delete after a week. At which points the other chars will respond with an out of line comment "Do I know you?" etc. If you want help on this I suggest starting the quest over and running through it completely... If you need steps on what to do re read the guide that came with the quest. If after re-doing completely and still having problems. Download the newest version of the quest. Re-test if the problem persists... Reply as for the WINGG's and the GUARDIANCREST as well as MERLINSBOOK
THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DROP THEY ARE REWARDED TO PEOPLE DOING THE QUEST!!!! IF SOMEONE TRIED TO GET THEM OUTSIDE OF DOING THE QUEST THEY ARE TOLD "YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND UNWORTHY".... If they are in the quest in the allotted time period they will automatically be added to the person's pack

I will support clean version of my script I allow anyone to mod my scripts but I will not support mods done to my scripts. Unless asked to help aid in a mod. So if you have modded my script in anyway and need help go to the script support section and ask away. If not then post away with issues in the quest.