RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merlins Quest

Rosey1

Wanderer
well you can stand next to the death tiles without walking directly on them. I mean it gives you the option to give it now or later. Common sense would say that if you give it to him now, you won't have it and die. You can still give it to him while being a tile or 2 off without being on the deathtiles.

Ankron

Wanderer
True, still, when if ever do most players ever use common sense? I think the qoute goes... bank on the stupidity of your players and hope they don't notice.

Rosey1

Wanderer
you know at the end of the quest, it says to find the paladin lis'pin. Is this for a quest to come or am i totally missing something?

LessZoa

Wanderer
I had to go through all the quest files... definately a good base to work from and could be greatly customized for different facets (as I've put mine in Ilshenar).

Quick & easy fixes for those not getting the spell book when Mordrid dies...

First...
RENAME the following files:
MerlinsSpellBook.cs to MerlinsBook.cs
MerlinsSpellBook2.cs to MerlinsBoos2.cs
The files names should match the class names within the document. (The scripts will work without this, but should follow standards, eh?)

Second...
in the RENAMED MerlinsBook.cs, comment out line #15 to look like the following:
Code:
//LootType = LootType.Blessed;

Blessed items cannot be looted, that is why the book is not showing up for anyone. :D

After those two changes, restart your shard and you should be all set to have fun!

Greystar

Wanderer
LessZoa said:
I had to go through all the quest files... definately a good base to work from and could be greatly customized for different facets (as I've put mine in Ilshenar).

Quick & easy fixes for those not getting the spell book when Mordrid dies...

First...
RENAME the following files:
MerlinsSpellBook.cs to MerlinsBook.cs
MerlinsSpellBook2.cs to MerlinsBoos2.cs
The files names should match the class names within the document. (The scripts will work without this, but should follow standards, eh?)

Second...
in the RENAMED MerlinsBook.cs, comment out line #15 to look like the following:
Code:
//LootType = LootType.Blessed;

Blessed items cannot be looted, that is why the book is not showing up for anyone. :D

After those two changes, restart your shard and you should be all set to have fun!

OR add an OnDeath Method (if it doesnt already exist) and add another book when the mobile dies and leave it blessed.

LessZoa

Wanderer
Greystar said:
OR add an OnDeath Method (if it doesnt already exist) and add another book when the mobile dies and leave it blessed.

Too true, but I like having a Rogue-friendly atmosphere. :D

Not many items are actually blessed in my world... makes it more... interesting.;)

princess

Wanderer
I'm still stumped even after reading all posts and all the readme.txt

Rosey1 said:
you know at the end of the quest, it says to find the paladin lis'pin. Is this for a quest to come or am i totally missing something?

I have read all material i can on this quest, and cannot find ANY reply about the paladine lis'pin. is it just an incomplete quest or is this like something that is trigered by an action or keyword? please give assistance. this is a neat quest but seems incomplete.

LessZoa

Wanderer
princess said:
I have read all material i can on this quest, and cannot find ANY reply about the paladine lis'pin. is it just an incomplete quest or is this like something that is trigered by an action or keyword? please give assistance. this is a neat quest but seems incomplete.

There is no Lis'pin created by the originator. Although I'm sure you could create one for another Merlin's quest... I am. I said this is a good base for other quests and customizations.