RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mongbatica's Mail System v1.0

flowerbudd

Sorceror
I was flipping through my address book, which had [allnames in it from yesterday. I will go on test now with backups of live and try

Voran

Wanderer
Hehe - ah well, I'll have a fiddle when I get in and see what happens. I want to add some new features (alphabetising, properties display, removal of deleted characters, etc), so there will probably be a version 2.0 tonight.

malgrimace

Sorceror
Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.PlayerLetter.GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
   at Server.Item.get_PropertyList()
   at Server.Item.InvalidateProperties()
   at Server.Item.set_Map(Map value)
   at Server.Item.AddItem(Item item)
   at Server.Items.BaseContainer.OnDragDropInto(Mobile from, Item item, Point3D p)
   at Server.Item.OnDroppedInto(Mobile from, Container target, Point3D p)
   at Server.Item.DropToItem(Mobile from, Item target, Point3D p)
   at Server.Mobile.Drop(Item to, Point3D loc)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DropReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Voran

Wanderer
Updated!

The gump now displays the names in alphabetical order, ignoring deleted characters. The book also displays the total number of entries it contains.

I've tidied the code up a bit, too.

Tarkan

Wanderer
raisor said:
Oh, I see how it is. Voran's trying to out do me huh! ;) just kidding. Script looks to be much more in-depth than mine. Can't wait until I can get home to test it out and see if I can help find/fix the bug with the bees wax. Not that I am saying I can, but who knows. :D Keep up da good work Voran and hope you can get this fixed for the others that are having problems.
This one is seems way too complicated...

malgrimace

Sorceror
Voran said:
What did you do to get that error?

I don't know what happened. I sent the letter to a member of my staff as a Test. When he opened it, it crashed the server. (At least that's all he's telling me)

Anvil

Wanderer
Is there a "postage stamp" fee associated with sending parcels? Perhaps say 37gp or whatever you'd like to make it...

Anvil

Voran

Wanderer
Nice idea! A stamp fee, maybe weight based... I'll see about adding something like that as an option tonight!

Taffer

Wanderer
I tried fooling with this and if I am correct you can only write a letter to someone if you have added them to the address book correct? Thought it might be good to have the option to be able to write a letter and seal it regaurdless of the adddress book.

Voran

Wanderer
I believe the other system's letters let you do that- I'd reccomend using them if tht's what you need :)

Is there anything regarding package weight? I just imagined a really funny exploit...

Player A and B hate Player C. Player A challanged player C to duel him, player B runs into town with address book in hand. While Player A & C duel, Player B "lovingly" delivers Player C a nice little gift of, oh, 1000 ore. :D

Gandy897

Wanderer
Its prolly just me .. no crash or anything, loads up just fine. But i havent got the slightest idea how to use it.. I added the names to the address book. How do u turn the bees wax into sealing wax or do u just buy sealing wax. And when i send a letter it ends up in my bag as a white scroll, so how do i actually send the letter ??

Voran

Wanderer
To send the letter, you plae it in a postbox.
On mongbatica, sealing wax is craftable - you can add it to your own shard however you want.

Draxus

Wanderer
Voran said:
To send the letter, you plae it in a postbox.
On mongbatica, sealing wax is craftable - you can add it to your own shard however you want.

How exactly is it Crafted? I usually just type [add sealingwax <value>
But thats just me, I'm not sure how the Players can get it unless I make a vendor sell it or something

Voran

Wanderer
Either do that, or add it to, say, deftinkering.
I know georox has a rather nice system made, if he'd be willing to share it.