RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mongbatica's Mail System v1.0

Draxus

Wanderer
Yea... thats IF Hes willing to share ;)

I use GD13's craft system... which Im not complaining... its rather nice, and I used it to see how to make my own

If any of you use the Beekeeping system, one idea is adding sealing wax to the Wax Pot. Right now mine is only set from one beeswax = one sealing wax, but I might add in another required item in order to get the reddish color... ;)

Virgil

Wanderer
Ok, I know its probably a simple thing but not high on my list of things to do. It is something I want eventually though. After looking at this script I'm assuming it may be quite possible to pull it apart and make what I'm after..

So what is that?

I am wanting something similar to a book but a "Letter". Just a note partchment that works like a book. Well, without the title and the who its by of course. Just a paper that you can write on and seal the writing up just as you can a book. With all these letter things going around, I don't think its too far away from what I want. A little more advanced then what I want as I wasn't really looking to have a system where you can send a letter to someone. Just a plain old book style item but more of a scroll..

If anyone has time to tear apart some of the scripts and come up with something basic like that, I'd be so greatful. Maybe I'd even have something you'd want in exchange.

We got these Warnings when installing on our main server, and on our Test Server (which is empty except for which ever scripts are being tested).

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (5 errors, 2 warnings)
- Warning: Scripts\Added Custom\MailSystem\LetterGump.cs: CS0219: (line 33, col
umn 39) The variable 'initialState' is assigned but its value is never used
- Warning: Scripts\Added Custom\MailSystem\WriteLetterGump.cs: CS0219: (line 28
, column 39) The variable 'initialState' is assigned but its value is never used

- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Anvil

Wanderer
One problem I forsee with my players is that when you add a sealing wax and scroll to the addressbook, and write a letter and select an attachment, if the attachment is not valid you lose the sealing wax and scroll. In my opinion this should not be... it should just prompt you back to the message gump and allow you to choose a different attachment. It's like punishing the players for making a small mistake in which object they're trying to send.

Anvil

Anvil

Wanderer
Voran,

To fix the "postage stamp fee" issue, what I simply did was make sealing wax purchasable off provisioners and made it sell for 37gp each. That way they need to buy the stamps before they can send the package.

Anvil

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.PlayerLetter.GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
   at Server.Item.get_PropertyList()
   at Server.Item.InvalidateProperties()
   at Server.Item.set_Map(Map value)
   at Server.Mobile.set_Map(Map value)
   at Server.Mobile.set_NetState(NetState value)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.PlayCharacter(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

flowerbudd

Sorceror
I was sleeping. I woke up to check the shard and saw it was down, and noone had posted why they thought it had crashed. I'll make a post and ask them though.

Broadside

Wanderer
Has this been updated to prevent further crashing? I still crash when i open book now and then and when i get an error of other types i get a buncha warinign regarding this?

Voran

Wanderer
I updated it 12/09, and haven't had a crash at all since. The only crash reported as been Flowerbudd's one, and it doesn't seem duplicatable.
You can ignore warnings in scripts - they don't do anything, and don't casue any problems.

Broadside

Wanderer
PHP:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Gumps.AddressBookGump..ctor(Mobile owner, Int32 listPage, ArrayList list, Int32[] count, AddressBook hiya)
   at Server.Gumps.AddressBookGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

I have been getting this error a few times a day seems there is a problem. I have removed all scripts containing this so it will stop. Figured i would post about it maybe you can find the probelm and solve it. Thank you.

Voran

Wanderer
Broadside said:
PHP:
Exception:
   at Server.Gumps.AddressBookGump..ctor(Mobile owner, Int32 listPage, ArrayList list, Int32[] count, AddressBook hiya)
   at Server.Gumps.AddressBookGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

I have been getting this error a few times a day seems there is a problem. I have removed all scripts containing this so it will stop. Figured i would post about it maybe you can find the probelm and solve it. Thank you.

This bug was fixed a month ago - just download the latest version of the scrip (2.0) from the first post.

Aaliyah

Wanderer
This works great on my shard. The players absolutely love it. No crashes so far. Only have one problem. Since I put this script package in my shard, my runes stopped working for everyone. We try to recall to them and we get the message "That location is blocked." Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem without having to remove the mail system from my server? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Voran

Wanderer
This doesn't interfere with RecallRune.cs or SpellHelper.cs - I'm not sure what caused your problem, but it wasn't this.

Erica

Knight
Voran said:
This doesn't interfere with RecallRune.cs or SpellHelper.cs - I'm not sure what caused your problem, but it wasn't this.
ok i got a question i see it says 1.0 version is this 1.0 or is it 2.0 and if so before i even try to download this to my shard was all the crashes on this script fix thank you

Aaliyah

Wanderer
ok I did find my problem and I apologize cuz it wasn't from this. It was caused by a region controller that one of my administrators had placed.

As far as bugs, I threw this in my custom folder and restarted the shard. I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Aaliyah

Wanderer
I have a question about the address book. When I open it, it does have all the characters ever created on the shard and I noticed the staff's names are in the different colors. I have one person named Ryan showing up in my address book with the color of administrator. I have gone thru my entire lists of accounts and looked at every single character name and cannot find this. A friend of mine checked it on his test server and said Ryan does not show up in his book. Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

Voran

Wanderer
The mind boggles - the script is designed to hide all characters that no longer exist, but I can't guarentee that actually works.

And yes, this is the latest version, all crashes that could be replicated fixed.