RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MulEditor

HellRazor

Knight
Keep up the great work, it's shaping up nicely! :)

Is there a link to the newest version available? (Or does the version 6 link elsewhere in this thread point to the 6.1 release?)

floppydisc

Sorceror
The link to version 0.6 will be valid for all 0.6.x releases, as these updates contain only fixes/changes around the current feature set. Once new features (like for example animation support) are added, it will be released as a whole new version (0.7 in that case) so one can downgrade if some of the new features cause trouble. However I would not want someone to be able to go back from 0.6.1 to 0.6.0 as it contained bug fixes which are important.

(Just to explain my versioning scheme :D)

floppydisc

Sorceror
Version 0.6.3

This Update includes a radar map (but it is relatively slow, I don't know a better way to implement this currently). And ofcourse I fixed a few bugs I encountered.

floppydisc

Sorceror
Version 0.6.4

The radar map can now highlight changed blocks.
I also added support for diff files (loading and saving) and optimized memory management a bit.

LostTime

Wanderer
How do you edit gumps? i'm tring to edit the 2a6c To change the text layout. No just the image but where the Wording lays... Is there anything in this tool soo far to change that? and if not could you add it? it would be most helpful.

Pretty much i want to change HP/M_HP which are 3 chr to 4 chr long

Red Star

Wanderer
please give tutorial on map editor and when I try to attach a gump i made for others to see it says invalid file

floppydisc

Sorceror
LostTime said:
How do you edit gumps? i'm tring to edit the 2a6c To change the text layout. No just the image but where the Wording lays... Is there anything in this tool soo far to change that? and if not could you add it? it would be most helpful.

Pretty much i want to change HP/M_HP which are 3 chr to 4 chr long

The text is sent by the server. The "gumps" you can edit with MulEditor are only the graphics. (for example backgrounds, etc.)
I think in this special case, the client completely controls this. (the server only sends the values for the character). So I think there is no easy way to change the text layout.

Red Star said:
please give tutorial on map editor and when I try to attach a gump i made for others to see it says invalid file

You need to be a bit more specific what you mean by "attach a gump" and when/where it says "invalid file". The map editor should be more or less self explanatory. For the necessary keys you need to work with the mapeditor, you should hit the "Help" button.

Red Star said:
Also when I try to drag and drop it will not let me

Depends on what you want to drag and drop (and where you want to do that). If you are not using the verdata editor, you should only use drag&drop where explicitely told to do so. (If I didn't forgot somewhere, I always marked these special fields where you can drop a tile. [besides the verdata editor, but I think I'll add a message there])

Red Star

Wanderer
i mean when i try to attah a gump here so others can use it says invalid file and yes it says drag an drop but when i try to it wont let me

floppydisc

Sorceror
Please tell me what exactly you are doing (step by step). In what part of the editor you are, what you are trying to accomplish, and so on. I have currently no idea what you mean.

i absolutely love this tool

but a suggestion from me is:

when you've generated a map, when you go into radar view, be able to place tiles, and with shift do large area fills(i tried and it only does small squares), this would make building custom worlds straight from the map generator way easier

(sorry if that made no sense, i tried) :eek:

floppydisc

Sorceror
Selecting large areas is currently a problem due to the way I implemented the memory management. This is the reason why this is currently not possible. I also didn't set this too high on the priority list as there are several good map generators (like UO Landscaper, UO Mapgenerator [by punt] and Dragon). I think these tools make it a lot easier to create large maps as they also place random statics and calculate transitions. I think my editor is (currently) better suited for changing/fixing/whatever already existing maps. But if I find a way to manage the memory *and* allow to select great areas, I'll implement it ofcourse. But at the moment I think this will not be possible without great performance losses.

Hi!
I must be doing something wrong, when I use the Add wereable wizard to create new weapons, I have to use existing animations from other weapons, but then, the old gumps from the animation I have chosen get overlapped. How can I change tiledata entries to use differents gumps for the same animation? Or instead of that... How can I duplicate the existing animations?

Thank you in advance. I love this tool :rolleyes:

floppydisc

Sorceror
In that case you enter an Animation ID that matches the gump ID you want (you see the resulting gump ids in the fields below) and then activate the field "Link to another AnimID". In the next step you will be presented with a dialog to enter the real animID you want to use.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I have been looking at this tool and trying to figure something out...

if verdata.mul isn't used anymore, how do you go about adding the files?? :confused:

also where can you get a verdata now a days?

floppydisc

Sorceror
In the recent versions you can also directly edit entries (for example double click an art entry in the art browser or the "Mul List" in the main window and simply load a new graphic and hit "ok"). But the verdata still has some advantages: you can add tiles to the verdata editor (whether you edit it or not) to build some kind of patch file. The verdata.mul itself is not used by recent uo clients, but MulEditor also includes a "Verdata-to-SFX"-converter. That tool packs the verdata inside an self extracting exe file which you can use to distribute (and apply) the verdata. This SFX will then append all the changes to the according mul files (art entries will be put in art.mul, gump entries into gump.mul and so on). So in other words: the verdata can be used as a patch file.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
floppydisc said:
In the recent versions you can also directly edit entries (for example double click an art entry in the art browser or the "Mul List" in the main window and simply load a new graphic and hit "ok"). But the verdata still has some advantages: you can add tiles to the verdata editor (whether you edit it or not) to build some kind of patch file. The verdata.mul itself is not used by recent uo clients, but MulEditor also includes a "Verdata-to-SFX"-converter. That tool packs the verdata inside an self extracting exe file which you can use to distribute (and apply) the verdata. This SFX will then append all the changes to the according mul files (art entries will be put in art.mul, gump entries into gump.mul and so on). So in other words: the verdata can be used as a patch file.

Yeah, i figured out how to get it to work in terms of taking it from the verdata and puting it in the MUL....how would i go about taking it from the MUL to make a patch like you said though?

same as going from verdata only in reverse?

This is an awesome program by the way