RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muslims against the world

Muslims against the world

I was wondering what u guys think about everything that is going on between muslims and other religions .. specially after 2day's happenings.

For those who are not aware about what happened today get informed here: http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/05/cartoon.protests/index.html

Seems like they are trying to get into a war against every country in the globe, i mean, danmark, who would guess that small country would sundelly be involved in a war, and the worse thing, bcuz of a cartoon...
If a cartoon can start a war, i wonder what else could, and where is it going to end...

daat99

Staff member
BlackSabbathBR said:
I was wondering what u guys think about everything that is going on between muslims and other religions .. specially after 2day's happenings.

For those who are not aware about what happened today get informed here: http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/05/cartoon.protests/index.html

Seems like they are trying to get into a war against every country in the globe, i mean, danmark, who would guess that small country would sundelly be involved in a war, and the worse thing, bcuz of a cartoon...
If a cartoon can start a war, i wonder what else could, and where is it going to end...
I think the person who realy wants to start a war is the person who makes fun out of somebodies believes.
Cartoon or not you NEVER make fun of somebodies religion figures...

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Ok so the cartoon was a little unnecessary. But if...let's say...Christians...started burning embassies every time someone made fun of the Bible, or Jesus...well...there wouldn't be very many embassies that weren't smoking heaps of rubble.

So maybe both parties should share the blame here?
(Gotta tiptoe around with these subjects, no?)

daat99

Staff member
TMSTKSBK said:
Ok so the cartoon was a little unnecessary. But if...let's say...Christians...started burning embassies every time someone made fun of the Bible, or Jesus...well...there wouldn't be very many embassies that weren't smoking heaps of rubble.

So maybe both parties should share the blame here?
(Gotta tiptoe around with these subjects, no?)
Maybe not but if they will than there wouldn't be many jokes about religous figures either.

CEO

Sorceror
What TMSTKSBK said.

One of the cable news stations pointed out how muslim papers have anti-sematic cartoons in them nearly every issue. How is that any different?

daat99

Staff member
CEO said:
What TMSTKSBK said.

One of the cable news stations pointed out how muslim papers have anti-sematic cartoons in them nearly every issue. How is that any different?
Who said it's different???
GO OUT THERE AND BURN SOMETHING DOWN!!!
** goes to get his molotov stock **
;)

A_Li_N

Knight
I just think that more people need to get a life and learn that the world isn't theirs or their religion's. There's 6 billion+ people on this little rock, and not everyone is going to think the same. Get over it already.
*edit*
(They need to get over it, not the 'we' that are discussing it. Wanted to make that clear :))

Celestria

Wanderer
I would love to see Gabriel come down on one of those muslim/jewish meetings and say. Hey! Children of Abraham... yes I am talking to all of you. CUT IT OUT!

The world would be a better place...:D

daat99

Staff member
Celestria said:
I would love to see Gabriel come down on one of those muslim/jewish meetings and say. Hey! Children of Abraham... yes I am talking to all of you. CUT IT OUT!

The world would be a better place...:D
Just make sure to tell him to look out for suicide bombers before he start to talk (or just pop in Israel first and ask how to spot suicide bombers, we have a lot of experience in that) ;)

arul

Sorceror
Frankly, I am an atheist and I see religions only as big money cows and a perfect thing to rule over weakened and frustrated people that are trying to find their remains of hope and faith.

daat99

Staff member
arul said:
Frankly, I am an atheist and I see religions only as big money cows and a perfect thing to rule over weakened and frustrated people that are trying to find their remains of hope and faith.
As long as you see something it's all good ;)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I resemble that remark...

oh...wait...the word is "resent"...sorry. Last time I checked I wasn't weakened or frustrated...

A_Li_N

Knight
I, personally, don't believe in any sort of Higher Being. But I believe that there could be, since the extreme vastness of our universe is hard to comprehend without such a being. But untill I see proof, I will keep with what I believe.

And as for others, if they don't press upon me their beliefs, I get along great with them. When someone starts to tell me that I'm going to hell (or whatever else I go to) simply because I don't believe in their god (or whoever), that's when I just laugh at their sorry, misfortunate souls and tell them I'll see them there. I live a happy, clean life and do very little that could be concidered 'bad' in anybody's eyes.

(although I am writing an email right now to tell my roomate that he has untill the end of the month to start pulling his weight ($400+) or else there will be consequences...mainly me taking all of his stuff and putting it in storage, cancling the internet and talking to the landlord to see if I can broker a deal that takes me and my mother (co-signer) off the lease. Then he can start paying for the rent. If nothing else, I'll ask them if they would be willing to evict him (I'll be moved in with another friend by that time) if he can't pay the rent. Since I'm on a lease, this probably won't happen, but I'd be willing to pay the rest of the lease in smaller sums over the next year...I have no problem living up to my mistakes.)

Drull

Wanderer

Behold! the one only TRUE religion out there. Join now and save yourself!

Ps. Our heaven has a beer volacno.

daat99

Staff member
I do believe in a higher being but I'm cool with everybody that doesn't believe in 1 or that believe in another.
As long as you leave my believes alone and don't make fun of it I'm not going to tell you how to live your lifes.
I never make fun of someones believes and I consider such actions as crossing a red line.

P.S.
Drull do you have non-alcoholic bear in there as well?
If so what do I need to do to join in?