RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muslims against the world

TMSTKSBK said:
Ok so the cartoon was a little unnecessary.

Why? There are tousands of cartoons making fun of everything, not only religion, not only muslims.
I think its necessarie to ppl stand for what they believe thats basicly why the world didnt exploded yet. coz there were ppl that disliked the idea of blowing up the world. ;)

Im atheist, i DON'T dislike muslims, or jews, or christians etc etc. I have Jewish and muslims friends that i like very much by the way.
But i LOVE to question religion, if theres a higher been that showed ppl the way through all these years why would he want us to kill each other? what a waste of time!

Why we have to go through all this shit again? didnt we learn with all the lifes that were taken in god's name.. for example the church, killed just bcoz they couldnt frikkin accept the truth!

Religion was made to guide ppl once, but offcourse, men managed to use it against themselfs and slow down our progress.

WarAngel

Wanderer
BlackSabbathBR said:
I was wondering what u guys think about everything that is going on between muslims and other religions .. specially after 2day's happenings.

For those who are not aware about what happened today get informed here: http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/05/cartoon.protests/index.html

Seems like they are trying to get into a war against every country in the globe, i mean, danmark, who would guess that small country would sundelly be involved in a war, and the worse thing, bcuz of a cartoon...
If a cartoon can start a war, i wonder what else could, and where is it going to end...

I think the whole situation is rediculous and stupid. It was published in newspapers in countries that have free speech, and the Muslim world is attacking the COUNTRIES it was printed in, instead of the newspapers. What the Muslims leading these attacks do not understand is that the freedom of speech is something respected outside of their countries. They need to understand respect that we are not the same as they are, and that our customs allow our people to think without government intervention at every corner.

WarAngel said:
I think the whole situation is rediculous and stupid. It was published in newspapers in countries that have free speech, and the Muslim world is attacking the COUNTRIES it was printed in, instead of the newspapers. What the Muslims leading these attacks do not understand is that the freedom of speech is something respected outside of their countries. They need to understand respect that we are not the same as they are, and that our customs allow our people to think without government intervention at every corner.

The worse thing is that probably many of them knows that, but they have no freedom of speech to say that... hihi

Scary huh?!?!

Courageous

Wanderer
Cartoon or not you NEVER make fun of somebodies religion figures...

This notion is inviting me to buy into the belief that if another culture or religion is intolerant, that I'm supposed to be tolerant of that. This is an evil idea. The idea that we, of the tolerant cultures, must be tolerant of intolerance is one of the weak underbellies of our belief system that will lead to nothing but self-destruction... a form of slow suicide through cultural idiocy.

They have an alternative. They can not fucking read the comics.

Now frankly, I'm glad this violence is mostly confined to the lunatic fringe of their own societies, because if it weren't I'd be saying that there would be little left for us to do, except perhaps turn their countries into desolate weakly glowing seas of glass.

I'm hoping I'm leaving no doubt here: I simply have no use for the lunatic fringe that opts for violent intolerance, and I am perfectly happy with the use of violent intolerance as a response to that.

And unlike a good swath of the less--how shall we say it?--neuron endowed humanity, I see no contradiction here. Their violent intolerant beliefs are threatening to become a clear and present danger to me, my family, my country, and frankly all of humanity in general.

C//

jorisan

Wanderer
Confused Family

My family was raised Mormon, and now that they are all grown adults, I now have Two Mormons, One Muslim, One Druggy and her boy friend that is Jewish, so I am in the middle of dealing with multi issues every day. Lets just all learn to accept to get along with each other.:confused:

Courageous

Wanderer
I'm fine with learning to get along together. I'm very much not fine learning to get along with those who think that not getting along with others is the way of things. If my free speech rights end at the sensitive boundaries of every special interest, I don't have any free speech rights. So, considering this request to self squelch free speech rights due to some special interest, my answer is blunt:

NOT A CHANCE

C//

A_Li_N

Knight
Drull said:
If man was made in God's image, why do men have nipples? -_-
Because every human is unisex when first concieved. It's not untill later in life that the process changes between male and female.

siran

Sorceror
Either you have free speech or you don't

If you have it, you can make cartoons about anything you like.

Drull

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
Because every human is unisex when first concieved. It's not untill later in life that the process changes between male and female.

Yeah, I know. Doesn't answer my question though..

Johabius

Knight
Drull said:
If man was made in God's image, why do men have nipples? -_-
I've come to the conclusion that there is only one reason that men have nipples.
We'd just look plain silly without them;)

Jarrod

Sorceror
which country was it that made the television advertisement for nails that got banned?

it was a behind the cross shot of jesus in the setting sun and you see and hear one of the nails rip out and his hand swings down. then you see a caption "if they had used <xbrand> nails, this wouldnt have happened"

I believe that was a nordic country as well, but Im not sure anymore. Im not a religious type of person, but even I found the ad tasteless and insulting.