RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Muslims against the world

Celestria

Wanderer
Greystar said:
I also only believe Religion is for those who have no Self Guidance and Self Motivation. They HAVE To believe in something greater then they are in order to feel that they are fullfilled.

I have to disagree completely. This may be true for some but not for all. Religion is not a crutch, and never should be used as such. I have plenty of self guidance and self motivations as do many others in my church. Feeling fullfilled in a spiritual sense comes from your spiritual conviction. People who do not beleive that God(s, esses) exists what-so-ever are fullfilled in their conviction as much as people who do beleive are fullfilled in their conviciton.

When there is an imbalance of mind body and spirit that leans toward the spirit, then the mind is not used as much, and this leads to spiritual radicalism.
The problems we are seeing in Religions today is an imbalance of all that make us humans, rather than problems with the religions themselves.

Darkadia

Wanderer
Greystar said:
I know it's also Muslim Extremists who are calling us infidels for invading their land, when it was because of those extremists crashing planes into the twin towers that sent us over their in the first place. So it's one of those silly little Religious based wars again

This is me being reflective on the facts: Early-on the American media made it blatantly obvious that our government knew about the threat of 911 before it happened. Then they clammed up and nothing has really been said about it since. Personally, I think they knew about that threat, as well as millions of threats that never happened, and who out there thinks they would've been able to predict the one in a million chance that it would actually happen? I digress...

When the news was all about "the government knew! conspiracy! grr!" they mentioned that Bin Laden (or his group) had sent us notification that we were to leave Israel and get out of their war, or an attack on American soil was imminent. My point being: If this information was true, and I can't know for certain, then we invaded 'their land' (or rather, what they consider to be their land) before the bombing, and 911 was retalliation for being involved in a religious war that I don't really see why we were involved in, in the first place. Maybe if we'd stop being the world's police force, we could have averted what was arguably America's worst tragedy?

This may be true for some but not for all. Religion is not a crutch, and never should be used as such.

This is me being insightful: By your own statement, religion is in fact a crutch to "some". Religions is many things to many people, and no one who has an opinion is going to agree with all religions. For some, religion is a map of how to get to one form or another of 'heaven'; Christians generally follow the ten commandments, Muslim Extremists die in combat against the 'infidels'. Who are we to say who is right, unless we are God (or any other name) ourself, or blessed with His (or Her) vast (or omniscient) knowledge? :rolleyes:

Not everyone fulfills the same needs with a religion. A widowed mother who loses her family to a tragedy may go to religion for comfort; a man who loses his job may go to the church to ask for food for his family. Either way, a 'crutch' is a thing which supports, and regardless of what connotative meaning you attribute to the word, most religions exist to support the followers in their times of need.

slohand

Wanderer
Timothy McVea and his brand of trash were not Terrorist they were Idealist and pyschopaths there attacked were pointed toward one entity. Terrorist use Terrorist Tactics to spread fear and do not care who their target is or who gets hurt in the process. Thus my original supposition that all Terrorist are muslim is Valid in my mind because they feel that to die in Ji Had is immediate access to their heaven. Timothy McVea and the Unibomber were spreadign their own doctrine not the doctrine of an entire religion.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Terrorist
adj : characteristic of someone who employs terrorism (especially as a political weapon); "terrorist activity"; "terrorist state" n : a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities

"often uses religion" does not mean always. A terrorist is simply someone using terror to push an agenda. As you said, they were spreading their agenda, so I believe that makes them a terrorist.

What do you think Muslim terrorists are anyway? They're idealist psychopaths, just like McVeigh. What makes them different?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/world/india/raw.htm said:
The defeat of the Soviet Union in Afghanistan did not end the role of RAW in Pakistan, with reports that suggest that India has established a training camp in the town of Qadian, in East Punjab, where non-Muslim Pakistanis are trained for terrorist activities. Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has blamed India for funding the current upsurge of terrorism in Pakistan, and senior ministers have blamed the Research and Analysis Wing for the sectarian violence between Shias and Sunnis which has resulted in thousands of deaths every year.

"non-Muslim Pakistanis are trained for terrorist activities." What about them? Are non-Muslim people who perform terrorist activities not terrorists?

slohand

Wanderer
I wont argue semantics with you, I hate them all. I simply stated the above for the reason, there has been numerous reference to the Muslim Religion and Terrorism throughout this thread. I personally do not believe all Muslims are Terrorist. I do however believe that All Terrorist ie. Those that we are currently battling, are Muslim. Whether or not I agree with their choice of Religious believe, and I do not, is right is not important.

I do however reccomend showing them the business end of a TITAN Mk 12 200 Megaton Thermo-Nuclear Device and let Allah sort them out!.

WarAngel

Wanderer
It has nothing to do with semantics. What makes a Pakistani who performs terrorist activities but doesn't follow a religion not a terrorist?

Sorry, but I think stereotypes are absolutely disgusting. If you're going to post a stereotype on a public forum, at least be willing to back it up.

slohand

Wanderer
Open your eyes, Turn on CNN, and FOX News, there is plenty of Backup. The fact that Timothy McVea and his co-horts are listed in the Militant directory at the NSA and Bin Laden is listed in the Terrorist Directory. I dont see good ole boys from Montana running around on CNN killing american soldiers in a foregin land because they say we are infidels walking on holy land. I seperate those that stand for constitutional rights be it a wrong stand or not differently from those kill American sons and daughters on forgeign soil in the name Allah...... back it up? lol ok, and yes i worked for a Government agency at one time. So i am totally aware of how they are classified. and Webster is not a governing authority. So stop flaming a opinion and move on....

WarAngel

Wanderer
Why do you keep ignoring my question about the non-Muslim Pakistani terrorists? Oh wait, because it completely ruins your original point that all terrorists are Muslim.

slohand

Wanderer
A non religious Pakistani? First of all any Pakistani who are no Religious generally get stoned in public. i do not think a non religious Pak would be likely engage a division of well armed americans without some comfort of knowing his Soul would be sent to heaven.

Are you Muslim by chance? And what country are you from?

WarAngel

Wanderer
I didn't say they weren't religious, I said they weren't Muslim.

It doesn't matter what country I'm from, nor what religion I am. Stereotypes are discriminatory.

slohand

Wanderer
Ok I see you like to flame way to much, I spoke my opinion, backed it up with known facts. And now like you should do, I am moving on. whether or not you or I am right or wrong is inconsequential. you have yours and I have mine. Back to RUNUO topics have a nice day ....EOF

WarAngel

Wanderer
You never even answered my question after five replies made by yourself. Why? Because it would prove you wrong. Stop being so thick-headed and discriminatory.

As to your "facts", they were all commonly-held discriminatory opinions in this racist country we unfortunately live in.

slohand said:
Ok I see you like to flame way to much

It has nothing to do with flaming. In fact, the post you were replying to didn't have a single flame in it.

By the way, being offended by discrimination and backing myself up is not flaming.

Damonkahn

Wanderer
Former Marine here,

first 100% of all people in Guantanamo are Muslim!
100% of all Terrorist rounded up in Irag are Muslim
100% of all Terrorist Killed in Irag were Muslim
100% of all Suspects on the FBI's Suspect List are Muslim

it is not a matter a discrimination. It is a matter of Fact.

this does not, in the eyes of the Government make all Muslims bad. it just happens that all the bad people they would like to talk too go to the same church. coincidense I am sure. DK

So both of you STFU and move on this is a RUNUO forum

WarAngel

Wanderer
Damonkahn said:
Former Marine here,
first 100% of all people in Guantanamo are Muslim!
100% of all Terrorist rounded up in Irag are Muslim
100% of all Terrorist Killed in Irag were Muslim
100% of all Suspects on the FBI's Suspect List are Muslim

I would love to see some proof on even a single one of those.

Damonkahn said:
So both of you STFU and move on this is a RUNUO forum
Sure is. It's called Starbucks, and it's for non-UO and non-RunUO related discussion. Thanks.

Damonkahn

Wanderer
Well i tell ya smartboy, As a marine my word is good enough!

Obviously only those of us who been to Gitmo know they are all Muslim,
Allah is the only one who knows the dead ones are Muslim and he is not talking.
CNN, HN and others show plenty about the ones

But wait a minute here is a little treat for you smartboy...

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm

Now will you guys please find something a little more stimulating to talk about like NASCAR or something

WarAngel

Wanderer
The last thing about Marines was uncalled for, and I'm sorry for posting it. However being a Marine makes you nothing special. You're an American with a gun. Congratulations. That makes you better how?

What does that link prove? They're middle-easterners, I agree. What does that have to do with them being Muslim? Or are all middle-easterners Muslim now?

By the way, isn't there an Australian being held on Gitmo? I'm also rather certain that he isn't Muslim. So much for everyone on Gitmo being Muslim.

Damonkahn

Wanderer
OMG!!! You're a landmine!!! lol and I stepped on it......

You are way to ******* to be talking too. **********************.

Later ******* ,, I am taking Slo's lead and ignoring you.