RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MyRunUO Spawner v1.0

MyRunUO Spawner v1.0

What is it?

MyRunUO Spawner is a Front End application for the MegaSpawner System. It allows users to create spawners with ease through powerful windows form editors and visual overhead map very similiar to UOAM.

Features
- MegaSpawner File importing and exporting
- Drag and Drop Spawner Movement
- Tooltip details
- Colored radius circles showing Spawn, Walk and Event Ranges
- Poweful property grid controls for easy editing.
- Region Xml Importing for Custom "Go to" menu
- Easy to follow visual layout
- Toolbar for quick functionality
- Deletion of spawners by selection, region, map, or world.
- Draw statics toggles
- Imports all RunUO Items and Mobiles that can be used as spawnable entries
- Map Zoom In/Out with Mouse Wheel Mouses.
- Im sure i've forgot a few so <insert all features I forgot>

Sorry I don't have any docs available at the moment, but for the most part, the tooltips should guide you. I'll try to create some ASAP.

If you have any problems, post them here until Bugzilla is fixed.

Important note:

-There is no official, or implied backing of this program by the official RunUO developers. The significance of the name is simply that it is "My ( meaning your ) Spawner for RunUO." Hence the name, "MyRunUO Spawner." DO NOT attempt to contact Ryan, Zippy or Krrios for support as they have no affiliation to the development of this program.

-You need to run the configuration program that comes with this package. The runuo directory must be set in order for this program to function properly. If you do not set it, MyRunUO Spawner will prompt with an error box telling you to do so, then close itself out.

-This program only supports the MegaSpawner System package. If you do not have it, you can download it here

Download MyRunUO Spawner

Maxus

Sorceror
A quick question or two. Can i import the current MegaSpawners in my world to be displayed in the MyRunUO spawner? Or will it only show the ones i made with this tool after of course saving the .msf file? I only ask due to not finding a .msf file for megaspawer on my system to import, so i assume MyRunUO spawner makes it initially. Wonderful work to you and Morxeton for this combo of tools. (and all others involved of course) :)

Maxus said:
A quick question or two. Can i import the current MegaSpawners in my world to be displayed in the MyRunUO spawner? Or will it only show the ones i made with this tool after of course saving the .msf file? I only ask due to not finding a .msf file for megaspawer on my system to import, so i assume MyRunUO spawner makes it initially. Wonderful work to you and Morxeton for this combo of tools. (and all others involved of course) :)

you can import your existing spawns using MegaSpawners export command and then importing the file into myrunuo spawner.

Wildcard

Sorceror
Thanks for putting the time in to making this program (and to all those who helped you). I briefly looked over the program so forgive me if i missed something. Are there any plans to allow the user to change the path of the muls? For custom map support.

Wildcard said:
Thanks for putting the time in to making this program (and to all those who helped you). I briefly looked over the program so forgive me if i missed something. Are there any plans to allow the user to change the path of the muls? For custom map support.

Yes, I plan to add this in the next version.

Maxus

Sorceror
**Edited yet again**... I had posted a problem saving earlier, It just dosent perform another "save as" on the .msf file is all. It saves ok otherwise. I can only do an initial "save as" on the new .msf file i create. "Save as" dosent work after that initial one. A "save" works fine though. (Dosent sound exactly clear... Do a "save as" on a new .msf file and then do another "save as" afterwards. It wont let you do it is all.)

When clicking remove in the entry editor when none are selected i get an unhandled exception, Clicking continue all continues fine though.

Any plans to add tags to see without clicking on the spawner itself to see what it is? Or just a simple mouse over to show what the spawner is on the map? Like the uoam tags that show shop names and such. I'd really like use this tool to keep track as to where i put all my spawns. Back in the grayworld tus days i used uoam to tag every spawner i had in the world which worked great but took seemingly forever to do as i had to edit each by hand after adding them into the world. Not gettin pushy now. This tool as it is will do just nicely. Thanks again

G

GoldDraco13

Error on loading myrunuospawner....I dl it from site to my host machine and used the config to set the directory to my runuo folder...its located on a different drive in comp then where the myrunspawner is....but I get this error on start up of the myrunuospawner....any ideas what I did wrong...the myrunuospawner works great on my other comp running the test shard so am puzzled to why this is causing a error unless its because my runuo is running from second drive?

heres the error I get:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
process id=0x7c0 (1984), Thread id=0x818 (2072)

Process will be terminated
<<<<Dope :(

Surm said:
i get same error that my runuo directory isnt valid

and i have framework installed

Ditto here, and I can't find any ini or registry entry problem either. Just for grins I renamed my v.1.0 RunUO.exe file "server.exe" and it threw yet another error but at least it didn't say it could find the server. Does this mean, OutKast, that you have the program looking for the B36 executable?

Lyephsa_Bytche said:
Ditto here, and I can't find any ini or registry entry problem either. Just for grins I renamed my v.1.0 RunUO.exe file "server.exe" and it threw yet another error but at least it didn't say it could find the server. Does this mean, OutKast, that you have the program looking for the B36 executable?

Not exactly. Initially, MyRunUO Spawner checks for both Server and RunUO .exe files, however, if an error is encountered, it cycles through a list of potential issues. This code, I forgot to update to check for both server and runuo .exe so it returns a "false" error. Renaming it to Server.exe will produce the proper error result.

If you are getting an "Unexpected Error" in the message box and are Running UOAR, you must shut it down before you can continue. This is because of a sharing issue with the Scripts.CS.dll

cward

Wanderer
MyRunUO Spawner works great. One thing however, Instead of only pulldowns, could you also make it possible to type the spawn in? This would save a lot of time over searching.

cward said:
MyRunUO Spawner works great. One thing however, Instead of only pulldowns, could you also make it possible to type the spawn in? This would save a lot of time over searching.

Done. Will be in next release.