RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MyRunUO Spawner v1.0

dugyman

Wanderer
newbie here

ok new guy here tring to figure out the best way to spawn my map. been using mega, but this sound much easier. where exactly do i put this file to make it work. then once it is there what do i say in game to start it. sorry remember i am new and we all start somewhere :)

Dracarys

Wanderer
I also have a little feature "request" :)

Or rather two suggestions.

It would be great if you could type in the coordinates and have something like a [Go] button. And if possible, it would also be a great addition if you could go to the location of your character ingame.

Lyephsa_Bytche said:
So, what about the invalid RunUO installation error?

I've already fixed this error for the next version

Dracarys said:
It would be great if you could type in the coordinates and have something like a [Go] button. And if possible, it would also be a great addition if you could go to the location of your character ingame.

I'll see what i can do.

stormwolff

Knight
dugyman said:
ok new guy here tring to figure out the best way to spawn my map. been using mega, but this sound much easier. where exactly do i put this file to make it work. then once it is there what do i say in game to start it. sorry remember i am new and we all start somewhere :)

This uses the megaspawners. It is just a tool to help place them.

G

GoldDraco13

heres the error I get:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
process id=0x7c0 (1984), Thread id=0x818 (2072)

Process will be terminated <<<<Dope

TheOutkastDev said:
:rolleyes:

install the .net framework.

Sorry for the late reply on this but other things got in the way and this went to the back burner for a bit....So my question now is....what if I have .net framework already...could this error be anything else...or is my net framework screwed?

Jason

Wanderer
GoldDraco13 said:
Sorry for the late reply on this but other things got in the way and this went to the back burner for a bit....So my question now is....what if I have .net framework already...could this error be anything else...or is my net framework screwed?

You must not have the 1.1 .NET Framework

You have to understand that .NET applications are only backwards supported if they are made to be.

You must not have 1.1 .NET Framework installed, has to be the reason.

G

GoldDraco13

doesn't the runuo v1.0 need .net framework...in order to work?

The reason I ask is that I have a shard working well on that same comp so am puzzled :confused:

Jason

Wanderer
GoldDraco13 said:
doesn't the runuo v1.0 need .net framework...in order to work?

The reason I ask is that I have a shard working well on that same comp so am puzzled :confused:

We have always told people to use the 1.1 .NET Framework. By default it uses the ODBC files which by default isn't in 1.0 but seperate. It was added later by default to 1.1 .NET.

We have always told people since 1.1 was the current version and not in a beta release to use the current version which for several release has been 1.1

You must download the .Net 1.1 Framework.

When I compiled the program, I did not opt to add the option of making it compatible with .Net 1.0 Framework installations.

G

GoldDraco13

I finally figured it out....My NET framework 1.1 was corrupted =\

But now I have another small problem(or bug)

I'm making a dungeon .msf .... added spawners to destard/fire and covetous....for some reason the first 2 levels of covetous aren't loading the spawners I placed there....all the rest show up except the ones I had placed there...I went back into the msf to see and there still there....Can you take a look to see if I'm missing something here...I've included the .msf so you can see what I've done.

Attachments

• DungeonSpawn.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 43
GoldDraco13 said:
I finally figured it out....My NET framework 1.1 was corrupted =\

But now I have another small problem(or bug)

I'm making a dungeon .msf .... added spawners to destard/fire and covetous....for some reason the first 2 levels of covetous aren't loading the spawners I placed there....all the rest show up except the ones I had placed there...I went back into the msf to see and there still there....Can you take a look to see if I'm missing something here...I've included the .msf so you can see what I've done.

this is because the map radar doesn't have the T2A sections/dungeons. I've already contacted Arya about aquiring the source of the new MapViewer control since it does draw these areas.

Rift

Wanderer
Well I can't get the utility to work used config to set dir then try running tells me can't validate the runuo direct path and quits so maybe the next version I could use it lol any ideas on the eta of next release? also its not a .net issue for me already reinstalled twice to be sure.

Rift said:
Well I can't get the utility to work used config to set dir then try running tells me can't validate the runuo direct path and quits so maybe the next version I could use it lol any ideas on the eta of next release? also its not a .net issue for me already reinstalled twice to be sure.

I'm having the same problem, sux donut. Outcast said it would be fixed on the next release but when that's going to be is anyone's guess.

D

DragonDan

will it work

Do you think that this will work on Run UO 36 beta? :confused: