RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needed: 1 Genius Scripter to Partner With

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed: 1 Genius Scripter to Partner With

i am more of a graphic designer and i need someone who is a code geek to help me with an idea I have for a new yes NEW custom ridable that would run off the same type info as the beetle. I have animation for a snail that leaves a toxic trail of poison and would like to see if we could get together on what it would take to code this. I have seen the evidence of genius here so lets get together by email and create some rare works of art.

I have read how you must have tile data and ver data to change and control the ridables. I have yet, however to find the file in a downloadable link...has it vanished?
Don't tell me one of you out there has not figured out how to overcome and beat the ver data and tile data and make it mind you?
:D Challange... yes it is. But I got the graphics animations skills if you can bring on the code skill lets make something even the UO folks would go :confused: WOW at ...
write me at [email protected] ( put UO Snail in the subject line so it wont hit the spam folder please) I can code some but I am a baby at it still crawling as I go.:p

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
You should not patch the verdata.mul as its not used by the new client.

You should patch the art.mul file(s) directly, there is tons of documentation on this subject, you just have to find it.

You should read the rules about "advertising" your need for "help", asking people to email you and I assume your going to offer them a job, is considered trying to advertise.

Point of advice, anyone you find here, is not even worth hiring.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
siran said:
umm....you are found here.

I don't work for any shard, I won't for any shard I find asking for help on the forums, because anyone who does that is not worth working for.

If they have their own website, and they advertise they need help, thats a different story.

Plus who says I am worth hiring, you don't even know me, you don't know what I can and cannot do. My statment is still valid, people should NOT hire people who contact them because of their illegal advertisement post.

The people who contact them, are not worth hiring, because its human nature to lie.

daat99

Staff member
Seanchen.net said:
Seanchen.net is correct, nobody that worth something will work for anyone who advertise himself and break the rules at the same time...
The only people that might accept his request are those that can't do anything on their own...

Chinook

Wanderer
Seanchen.net said:
Plus who says I am worth hiring, you don't even know me, you don't know what I can and cannot do. My statment is still valid, people should NOT hire people who contact them because of their illegal advertisement post.

The people who contact them, are not worth hiring, because its human nature to lie.

:rolleyes:

This is the biggest bunch of crap I've read yet, you have no idea how intellengent people are on this forum so don't assume you know. Plus I'm sure out of 40k plus members theres people here alot smarter then you, specially after reading your comments.

Twlizer

Sorceror
Chinook said:

This is the biggest bunch of crap I've read yet, you have no idea how intellengent people are on this forum so don't assume you know. Plus I'm sure out of 40k plus members theres people here alot smarter then you, specially after reading your comments.

Its guys like them that run off all the talent........But he does help alot also.....

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Chinook said:

:lol:

I assume your one of those people that claim to be smarter then me? Please provide me evidence to this fact, because based on the fact your attacking me for saying something that is well known, says to me that your not.

I am my own person, I say what I think, and I think anyone that hires anyone based on a forum advertisement is not worth working for.

I am hired many people when I had a shard, and almost everyone lied about what they knew about the emulator of choice. So based on real experience I made a comment, in a thread that was already against the rules, and yet I get attacked?

daat99 said it best, I will leave this lame conversation with that.

I have alot more education then most members here, only because of my age and the lifestyle I was able to grow up in, which means I am not smarter I just have more knowlege.

Education does not make you smart, education teaches you how to learn and retain information, your either smart or a dumbass no matter what happens in life.

I am sure I will be attacked on my views about education, I am sure more assholes will appear and tell me how I am "mean" or a "jerk" but my comment are well within the rules.

This thread is against the rules, going to stop spending my time when I can be bowling and just report it.

bzk90

Lord
you people truly are clueless...

yes there are plenty of talented people here daat and seanchen being among the top ranking coders here. however, all the real talented people have a strong belief in personal conduct, this means that they arent going to help somone who so openly breaks the rules. the best your going to get is some item/monster "Scripter" who edits distro code.

read the rules, live by the rules... you are the reason there are so many POS shards out on UOG

Twlizer

Sorceror
bzk90 said:

yes there are plenty of talented people here daat and seanchen being among the top ranking coders here. however, all the real talented people have a strong belief in personal conduct, this means that they arent going to help somone who so openly breaks the rules. the best your going to get is some item/monster "Scripter" who edits distro code.

read the rules, live by the rules... you are the reason there are so many POS shards out on UOG

Date of Birth:
June 26, 1990 Age:
15 Location:
California Interests:
Graphic Design Occupation:
Student/Web Designer

Thanks for your lessons in life with your broad experiences.......

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Twlizer said:
Its guys like them that run off all the talent........But he does help alot also.....

What "guys" are you talking about?

What "talent" are you talking about?

Are you talking about those select few people that think they can come here and demand things. Then they are shocked when they are banned, because thats not how it works here? Are you talking about those select few people who think they can come here and do anything they want and not get banned?

Either why, if somebody cannot play by the rules, I don't consider it a lost.

Difference between me and others, is I actually care about this community, and I have actually "shock" release shit before.

Twlizer

Sorceror
Seanchen.net said:
What "guys" are you talking about?

What "talent" are you talking about?

Are you talking about those select few people that think they can come here and demand things. Then they are shocked when they are banned, because thats not how it works here? Are you talking about those select few people who think they can come here and do anything they want and not get banned?

Either why, if somebody cannot play by the rules, I don't consider it a lost.

Difference between me and others, is I actually care about this community, and I have actually "shock" release shit before.

Who are you to decide?

bzk90

Lord
and thanks for your narrow minded comment...

I may be young but im not stupid, im not going to sit here and explain why im not the stereotypical 15 year old ignoramus...

if you knew half as much as think then you would have known to take the time and research me before making a foolish comment about somone you dont know

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Your 15 freaking years old?

You have no right to talk about "broad" life experiences. Your not old enough to experience what life outside of the protection of your family is like.

You disagree with people that do certain things, thats very clear by the attitude you show in almost every reply you make. The problem is, everyone works differently, as long as the person gets the help people will continue to work the way they do.

If you want to run your own community, the way you want to work, then thats what you should do. But don't force other people to change, because you disagree with some of the comments they make.

I still feel anyone on this forum, is not worth hiring, if I have to explain why then you shouldn't run a shard. This clearly does not include people that already have a shard, I am talking about the people who don't run a shard, because they don't have the resources to do so.

I feel I can have this view, since it doesn't attack anyone, and thats the only rule I can think that could even possible be in question.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Twlizer said:
Who are you to decide?

I am, nobody...

I have said this many times, I am nobody special, nothing I know is beyond the abilities of anyone else within this community. Unless your drooling and cannot control your bowls, I consider your capable of learning how to program. I understand this is a very rough way of saying the "learning disabled" since I know everyone learns difference, trust me I know better the most people think.

But decide what exactly?

This is why I hate trying to have a discussion with you do not explain yourself in detail, when you have a particular "view" to express.

I suppose thats just because of your age..

daat99

Staff member
bzk90 said:

Twlizer said:
Date of Birth:
June 26, 1990 Age:
15 Location:
California Interests:
Graphic Design Occupation:
Student/Web Designer

Thanks for your lessons in life with your broad experiences.......
And yet a 15 years old knows better than most....
Twlizer said:
Who are you to decide?
He's a long time member of the community that contributed a lot more than all of us combined togather.
After that said, who are you to decide?

bzk90

Lord
seanchen weve known each other for a fare amount of time now, had i not said anything about my age how old would you have thought me to be?

how are my comments forcing somone to change, saying somone is forming an uneducated opinion on me based souly on 10 seconds of research, i see nothing wrong with this. it is no different then you posting about the way you think people shouldnt hire off forums. we both form opinions of our own based on our experiences.

tophyr

Wanderer
Seanchen.net said:

Seanchen.net said:
I am looking for developers for Hephaestu's Forge are you interested? If you can program in C# then you should contact me.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
tophyr said:

You know what kind of response I have had?

Idiots, Fools, and people that are lazy.

Only one person was worth hireing, the rest of the people who decided to work with me came from my own personal contacts ( which I suppose came from here ) but beyond that a personal relationship was formed.

seanchen weve known each other for a fare amount of time now, had i not said anything about my age how old would you have thought me to be?

how are my comments forcing somone to change, saying somone is forming an uneducated opinion on me based souly on 10 seconds of research, i see nothing wrong with this. it is no different then you posting about the way you think people shouldnt hire off forums. we both form opinions of our own based on our experiences.

I would guess your not talking to me :)

People that try to change how people work, is who I am talking about, not people who accept people and try to work within the bounds of how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.