RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needed: 1 Genius Scripter to Partner With

Status
Not open for further replies.

daat99

Staff member
bzk90 said:
seanchen weve known each other for a fare amount of time now, had i not said anything about my age how old would you have thought me to be?

how are my comments forcing somone to change, saying somone is forming an uneducated opinion on me based souly on 10 seconds of research, i see nothing wrong with this. it is no different then you posting about the way you think people shouldnt hire off forums. we both form opinions of our own based on our experiences.
He talked about Twlizer since he brought up the age issue.
I know you for a while and if I didn't knew that you're 15 than I wouldn't have guessed it (I didn't believed it the first time I saw it and I thought you just planted a random number in your profile).

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
daat99 said:
He talked about Twlizer since he brought up the age issue.
I know you for a while and if I didn't knew that you're 15 than I wouldn't have guessed it (I didn't believed it the first time I saw it and I thought you just planted a random number in your profile).

Aye

But I stand by my comment, that most people that 15, should not be talking about "broad" experiences.

Except if they were forced in the position to actually learn the truth about "life"

tophyr

Wanderer
Seanchen.net said:
You know what kind of response I have had?

Idiots, Fools, and people that are lazy.

Only one person was worth hireing, the rest of the people who decided to work with me came from my own personal contacts ( which I suppose came from here ) but beyond that a personal relationship was formed.

Makes sense :/ I wouldn't generally allow some dude off a message board to code for me either. I just thought those two statements in the same post were kind of humorous, heh.

Chinook

Wanderer
daat99 said:
And yet a 15 years old knows better than most....

He's a long time member of the community that contributed a lot more than all of us combined togather.
After that said, who are you to decide?

I must be blind, what has he contributed?

Plus this is getting out of hand, first Phantom makes a remark that all the members here that don't have a shard arn't worth hiring. (I ask myself where is his shard then?)

Then Bzk90 comes and defends him by giving his 15 years of experience to back him up. (At over 30 I have a hard time believing hes lived threw enuff to equal my life knowledge, its like me saying I know more then someone thats 60)

then Daat99,
What surprised me was you coming and adding to the fire by backing Bzk90.

So all three of you are saying that out of the 40K plus members, none of them are worth hiring. This is based on what again? Because thats what this is about.

I might not have been around these forums for along time but I do care about this community too, and believe they are worth hiring. Plus by Phantoms standards I qualify to post because I do run a shard (3 yrs now), web site and have enuff reasources for both.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Chinook said:

Lets see:

Factions
Giga Spawner
I have several programs I have written from scratch.
Race/Class/Level System that I maintaned.

I also wrote several things, awhile ago, most of the threads have been removed from the forum.

Beyond that, I have a very good understanding of most of the code within the release.

I thought Twlizer was 15, had I known he was talking about bzk, I wouldn't have said anything.

Chinook your reading into to much what I said. The people I am saying is not worth it, is not people like me who would not even work for somebody for example ( the author of this topic ), but people that would.

I mean would you really consider working for somebody who posted a post like he did?

Plus this is getting out of hand, first Phantom makes a remark that all the members here that don't have a shard arn't worth hiring. (I ask myself where is his shard then?)

This is a big shock I know, BUT I DO NOT RUN A SHARD, I have no desire to run or even be part of a shard. Ultima Online is not a big treat like it used to be, I would not even have it installed, if I could find a way to program, without having to actually test the scripts.

After you look through every one of my, I forgot the exact number, 40,000+ posts. Come back and say I have not contributed to this community.

Once you do that, I will take you serious, till that happens your just another voice in a pool fool of what has been proven to be people that "spread the truth" a little to thin.

I have respect for everyone here, till two things happen.

1) They question what I have done for this community out of love not out of some bs ego shit/
2) They disrespect me or anyone I care about, and there is a pretty darn good list.

bacaw

Sorceror
Chinook said:
ima have to say you really must be blind man, believe it or not seanchen.net or ( Phantom as he was known ) has helped numerous people( myself included ) his ways of going about this might not be the BEST but nobody is perfect and ima have to say Seanchen is one of the most intelligent people ive ever seen on forums like these, and if you ask me ( and my 16 years of experience ) nobody is at any discretion to diss anyone else unless they PERSONALLY know them therefore all these unnessecary flames IN ALL DIRECTIONS are irrelevant and just a waste of time ......

And also you said you love this community as well as Seanchen and IM SURE more then 50% of the people on these forums, if you care so much why must you flame people. Why not just do as the rules state and report a thread you feel is breaking the rules... The way i see it fightin never solved anything for me and fighting with someone you dont even know is more pointless then shootin a space ship into outerspace just to watch it blow up :S

**EDIT**
well stated Seanchen.net ++karma for keeping cool man

Chinook

Wanderer
Seanchen.net said:
Lets see:

Factions
Giga Spawner
I have several programs I have written from scratch.
Race/Class/Level System that I maintaned.

I also wrote several things, awhile ago, most of the threads have been removed from the forum.

Beyond that, I have a very good understanding of most of the code within the release.
I know you know how to script, I was talking about Bzk90 as my comment implied. Please read the posts before repling as you don't read enuff into a post in my opinion. Your to eager to bark back then to learn. My Dad always said when I was young, "Your not learning when your talking, so shut up and listen & learn first".

Seanchen.net said:
I thought Twlizer was 15, had I known he was talking about bzk, I wouldn't have said anything.
Whats the differance? What you said applies to the age.

Seanchen.net said:
Chinook your reading into to much what I said. The people I am saying is not worth it, is not people like me who would not even work for somebody for example ( the author of this topic ), but people that would.
I'm only reading what you write, you should think before you write so people don't take it the wrong way.

Seanchen.net said:
I mean would you really consider working for somebody who posted a post like he did?
No, thats not the point because I wouldn't work for anyone period, even you.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
ive been to school done my time this is a hobby to me thats all....Its not a life style...Phantom Your a DiCk have been For the whole time i have been to these boards. My first post on this board was a noobie post. I said something to the effect i wanted to put up a Shard for some kids i coach in baseball..You Came back with THis is not a Job for a dead headed Jock. So you were a dick then and are one now.

What in the hell are you talking about?

I would have never have said that...

The only one who is calling other people names is yourself, lets not forget that, I had a particular view.

I will admit that view points a damn sad picture about most people within the community, but most of the people are young adults. I feel most of these members that are young adults, are not worth hiring, thats all I meant by my statement.

If you think I take anything within this community, as a serious topic, then I feel bad for you. This is a hobby, a hobby that everyday decide is worth it, but people like you who make up stories about how I treated them makes it really hard.

Twlizer if I hurt your feelings, then I am sorry, but I never would have made a comment like you suggest.

bzk90

Lord
realy now? i just went and read your first 5 or so posts, and i saw nothing of the sort. infact i saw nothing but mods like david helping you set up your server. you were shown nothing but kindness and help in finding out your ip, setup of runuo etc.

making baseless claims that can be easily proven wrong will not win you kindness. by flaming us the way you have you are only making problems worse, you are killing your chances of future support on this forum by making enemies with several helpfull and active members

Twlizer

Sorceror
Seanchen.net said:
What in the hell are you talking about?

I would have never have said that...

The only one who is calling other people names is yourself, lets not forget that, I had a particular view.

I will admit that view points a damn sad picture about most people within the community, but most of the people are young adults. I feel most of these members that are young adults, are not worth hiring, thats all I meant by my statement.

If you think I take anything within this community, as a serious topic, then I feel bad for you. This is a hobby, a hobby that everyday decide is worth it, but people like you who make up stories about how I treated them makes it really hard.

Twlizer if I hurt your feelings, then I am sorry, but I never would have made a comment like you suggest.

This is a buncha bs...Yes ya did phantom and i made a new account after that.. But cool Applogy accepted as i offer mine as well.....

daat99

Staff member
Twlizer was warned in the past by Merlin about his actions:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62762
Due to that I reported him presonaly again and this time I think there will be a more desicive action.
Personaly I had enough of you trashing people all over Twlizer, learn some manners and what the word rules means.
When someone break the rules there's no reason to give him a reward for it....

P.S.
Yes, Merlin is a moderator Twlizer....

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Chinook said:
I know you know how to script, I was talking about Bzk90 as my comment implied. Please read the posts before repling as you don't read enuff into a post in my opinion. Your to eager to bark back then to learn. My Dad always said when I was young, "Your not learning when your talking, so shut up and listen & learn first".

Read you post again, you didn't exactly make yourself clear, considering daat was talking about me...

Whats the differance? What you said applies to the age.

There is no difference, I only said what I would have known, if I looked at the age of Twlizer.

I'm only reading what you write, you should think before you write so people don't take it the wrong way.

I feel your reading into what I say to much, thats my view, thus I have expressed it. People take what I say the wrong way because they choose to take it the wrong way. There is nothing I can do, I have found, to change that fact.

No, thats not the point because I wouldn't work for anyone period, even you.

I don't even want to work as a RunUO developer, I would turn it the position down if it was offered, what is your point exactly?

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Twlizer said:
This is a buncha bs...Yes ya did phantom and i made a new account after that.. But cool Applogy accepted as i offer mine as well.....

I should take your word for it?

Please provide the thread, where I treated you so poorly.

What was your other username?

Because I know I have never said replied to Twlizer in such a manner.

I assume you cannot prove it, because I suspect it didn't happen exactly as you make it appear.

People that known me, I wouldn't even comment on something as dumb as that. What I have might done is suggest, that you only run a shard if you can put time into it. I hope that wouldn't be considered an attack or being treated poorly.

Like I said, tell me your old username I will look through every single post you made, and if what you say is true I will apolgize.

bzk90

Lord
i figured chinok was talking about me, and hes right i dont script. However i do provide techinical support when it comes to configuring routers, setting up runuo, getting on the uog serverlist, troubleshooting why no one can connect to your shard etc... you dont need to know how to code to be usefull to the community, ive been helping people in UOG and RunUO for 3-4 years (runuos forum database has been wiped one or twice) so dont think that one who cant script is completely worthless

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
bzk90 said:
i figured chinok was talking about me, and hes right i dont script. However i do provide techinical support when it comes to configuring routers, setting up runuo, getting on the uog serverlist, troubleshooting why no one can connect to your shard etc... you dont need to know how to code to be usefull to the community, ive been helping people in UOG and RunUO for 3-4 years (runuos forum database has been wiped one or twice) so dont think that one who cant script is completely worthless

Your are correct.

You don't have to know how to script, to be helpful.

You have to actually try to understand stuff, then share the knowlege.

There is no excuse why more people cannot help answer some of the more common problems.

If you don't care enough to help other people out, then I don't care enough to help you out, is what appears to be what I need to start doing.

bzk90

Lord
does runuo suffer from the same problems that have plagued bittorrent for ages? all these leechers but no seeders?

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
bzk90 said:
does runuo suffer from the same problems that have plagued bittorrent for ages? all these leechers but no seeders?

100000000000 leecher 0 seeders

Do people not realize that, if they make my life and others poor by bitching, that we cannot produce things they love to use?

I mean HELLO!

When somebody pisses me off, I am not SCRIPTING, I am pissed off and I go do something I actually can enjoy when i am pissed off.

bzk90

Lord
like throwing a giant black ball at a bunch of white pins ala bowling

OR

Knocking a white ball into a bunch of colored balls ala billiards

OR

*is out of jokes*

A_Li_N

Knight
Twlizer said:
Daat99;
you are well on your way to becomeing a dick your Owtl is buged as hell. If someone on here posted a scirpt pack with the bugs your Systems has in youd be flying oiff the Handle...As well as the other dicks on here...
So daat go tell people how you see someone breaking the law you report them....GOOD for you..

When you Dicks realize Noone cares about you or you lil Skills in C# you may become better people.....
First off, please explain what bugs his system has? The extremely rare null reference crash that occurs only on some shards? (I ran his system on a shard for an equivalant of over a month's saves with not a crash in sight) At least he has taken EVERY step possible to fix his system. He's taken it off RunUO downloads, out of Submissions, into support. Given fair warning that there is, or could be, a crash. He has testers that are running his system on their public servers even with this knowledge. He's made a very well made debug system for this one rare crash. I've looked over the code and could find absolutely no reason it could be crashing due to null references, as I'm sure quite a few other good scripters have done.

If someone releases a system (or singular script) and gets error/crash reports back from users, he better damned well try to fix it, otherwise what good is it? What good is he? I've reported quite a few errors to scripts in the submissions and most people thank me for reporting them. Never would I, nore daat99, respond in such a way as to be a dick. If they think we are being dicks for reporting a problem with their system, f* them. And f* you for implying that we are dicks for pointing out bugs.

Yes, Good for daat for pointing people in the right direction when they break the rules of this community. There are rules and if you didn't read them when you signed up, you should probably read them when you are pointed to them when you break one.

We 'dicks' don't give a shit if you and your kind care about us. We script for the enjoyment of creating something that others can enjoy. We do this AND live our lives. We go to school, we work our full time jobs, we hang out with friends, we help sorry bitches like you figure out the simplest things, we help people that DESERVE to be helped. Once you realize that we don't care about your feelings towards us, you might actually start to realize that this entire project is a game. The creators (UO, Devs, scriptors, etc) created it for the enjoyment of the masses. We don't do it for money. We don't do it for world peace. We don't do it for you. We do it for ourselves, our enjoyment. We share it with the world for theirs.

And in finaly, Twilzer, I'm done with dipshits like you. I will never answer a single one of your posts. I hope that the rest of the community that reads this and any of your other whinings does the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.