RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needed: 1 Genius Scripter to Partner With

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twlizer

Sorceror
A_Li_N said:
First off, please explain what bugs his system has? The extremely rare null reference crash that occurs only on some shards? (I ran his system on a shard for an equivalant of over a month's saves with not a crash in sight) At least he has taken EVERY step possible to fix his system. He's taken it off RunUO downloads, out of Submissions, into support. Given fair warning that there is, or could be, a crash. He has testers that are running his system on their public servers even with this knowledge. He's made a very well made debug system for this one rare crash. I've looked over the code and could find absolutely no reason it could be crashing due to null references, as I'm sure quite a few other good scripters have done.

If someone releases a system (or singular script) and gets error/crash reports back from users, he better damned well try to fix it, otherwise what good is it? What good is he? I've reported quite a few errors to scripts in the submissions and most people thank me for reporting them. Never would I, nore daat99, respond in such a way as to be a dick. If they think we are being dicks for reporting a problem with their system, f* them. And f* you for implying that we are dicks for pointing out bugs.

Yes, Good for daat for pointing people in the right direction when they break the rules of this community. There are rules and if you didn't read them when you signed up, you should probably read them when you are pointed to them when you break one.

We 'dicks' don't give a shit if you and your kind care about us. We script for the enjoyment of creating something that others can enjoy. We do this AND live our lives. We go to school, we work our full time jobs, we hang out with friends, we help sorry bitches like you figure out the simplest things, we help people that DESERVE to be helped. Once you realize that we don't care about your feelings towards us, you might actually start to realize that this entire project is a game. The creators (UO, Devs, scriptors, etc) created it for the enjoyment of the masses. We don't do it for money. We don't do it for world peace. We don't do it for you. We do it for ourselves, our enjoyment. We share it with the world for theirs.

And in finaly, Twilzer, I'm done with dipshits like you. I will never answer a single one of your posts. I hope that the rest of the community that reads this and any of your other whinings does the same.

Ok thank you....I love you too...

TMSTKSBK

Lord
/pats A_Li_N on the back.

...you have some very good points.

and yah. Twlizer...at the risk of "being a mod"...you really complain too much and contribute too little.

Twlizer

Sorceror
TMSTKSBK said:
/pats A_Li_N on the back.

...you have some very good points.

and yah. Twlizer...at the risk of "being a mod"...you really complain too much and contribute too little.

Agreed Ill shut up. If you guys are happy with the way things are who am i to rock the boat.....My appoloigy to anyone i Pissed off

Mideon

Page
Another thread hijacked?...what was the original idea of this post? does anyone even remember anymore.....

Some guy wants help making a new thing for the community. Why don't we let ppl who reads the post decide if they want to help him or not. After all, it's for the community, not some private shard.

If people want to help, they'll get in touch with him, if they don't they won;t...it's that simple.

Tell me again why it took 5 pages of flames and arguments to get to this point?

Everyone has valid points, but did the discussion even need to happen? No...yet it happens all too often now. Can we just let the mods delete posts that are breaking the rules...after all that's why they are mods right?

For a "community" everyone is far too quick to jump at eachothers throats...let's all just be friends no? There are lots of cool problems we could be solving as opposed to simply arguing all the time.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Mideon said:
Another thread hijacked?...what was the original idea of this post? does anyone even remember anymore.....

Some guy wants help making a new thing for the community. Why don't we let ppl who reads the post decide if they want to help him or not. After all, it's for the community, not some private shard.

If people want to help, they'll get in touch with him, if they don't they won;t...it's that simple.

Everyone has valid points, but did the discussion even need to happen? No...yet it happens all too often now. Can we just let the mods delete posts that are breaking the rules...after all that's why they are mods right?

For a "community" everyone is far too quick to jump at eachothers throats...let's all just be friends no? There are lots of cool problems we could be solving as opposed to simply arguing all the time.

I just replied to things directed towards me.

I feel my post was just fine, its other people who don't agree, what they should have done is just done post report so a moderator could decided.

I agree the topic was pointless, and the only thing that came out of it was, that somebody who felt he was treated poorly by me now feels worst. But he only has himself to blame for the responses people gave him, based on his "asshole" and the "hate" that appears in his attitude/posts towards certain members of this community ( daat, myself, ect ).

It really doesn't matter if the author got help, he shouldn't have posted, thus even helping him would promote people breaking the rules which is just dumb. If somebody breaks the rules, people shouldn't help them, no ifs ands or buts

Twlizer

Sorceror
Seanchen.net said:
I just replied to things directed towards me.

I feel my post was just fine, its other people who don't agree, what they should have done is just done post report so a moderator could decided.

I agree the topic was pointless, and the only thing that came out of it was, that somebody who felt he was treated poorly by me now feels worst. But he only has himself to blame for the responses people gave him, based on his "asshole" and the "hate" that appears in his attitude/posts towards certain members of this community ( daat, myself, ect ).

It really doesn't matter if the author got help, he shouldn't have posted, thus even helping him would promote people breaking the rules which is just dumb. If somebody breaks the rules, people shouldn't help them, no ifs ands or buts

I call it as i see it Your a DICK!!!! I dont feel bad i am glad it is out in the open. I assure you i got like 20 Pms on this topic with ++Karma.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Twlizer said:
I call it as i see it Your a DICK!!!! I dont feel bad i am glad it is out in the open. I assure you i got like 20 Pms on this topic with ++Karma.

What exactly is in the open? That your making up things how I did something, that you cannot prove? I will aplogize for anything else, but I will not aplogize for something I have not done.

I will admit to mistakes I have made, I gain nothing from not doing so, I thought you were sorry? How can you be "sorry" yet call be a dick a the sametime. Why is a 30+ year old calling people "dicks" I just don't understand that. I mean I am 23 yet, its very rare for me to call somebody a name, seems to me you have some issues.

I feel I have done nothing wrong, you have proven time and again you have no respect for this community, based on how you act towards other members.

Agreed Ill shut up. If you guys are happy with the way things are who am i to rock the boat.....My appoloigy to anyone i Pissed off

I tried showing remorse for how people have treated you, I tried to explain why you might be acting the way you are, with total disrespect towards everyone and anyone that doesn't agree with your views.

Basicly your "apolgigy" is clearly an empty one, and you don't really mean it, otherwise YOU WOULD STOP CALLING ME A DICK!!!!

Please read the rules, I have shown you the upmost respect, and I have only told you that I DISAGREE WITH HOW YOUR TREATING PEOPLE. I might say your acting like an ass, thats not a personal attack, thats how I feel.

Calling me a DICK is BEING HOSTILE, WHICH I FEEL I AM NOT DOING, IF YOU FEEL OTHERWISE THEN THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT.

Because I am not trying to be hostile with people, why the hell would I change my username, I am trying to avoid GOD DAMN CONFLICT BECAUSE OF SOME DUMBASS USERNAME AND SOME DUMBASS REPUTATION SOME ASSHOLES HAVE MADE ME OUT TO BE.

I am talking about various people, mainly the dumbasses that "write" about me on their website, like I am something special.

I AM NOT SPECIAL, I JUST WANT TO VIST THIS WEBSITE AND NOT HAVE CONFLICT, YET CONFLICT FOLLOWS YOU AROUND LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Please prove you have recieved pm's giving you "Karma++" because I don't believe anyone would agree your acting like you should.

Man, I just wish you would stop following me around, and trying to egg me on with your bs story.

Twlizer

Sorceror
Seanchen.net said:
What exactly is in the open? That your making up things how I did something, that you cannot prove? I will aplogize for anything else, but I will not aplogize for something I have not done.

I will admit to mistakes I have made, I gain nothing from not doing so, I thought you were sorry? How can you be "sorry" yet call be a dick a the sametime. Why is a 30+ year old calling people "dicks" I just don't understand that. I mean I am 23 yet, its very rare for me to call somebody a name, seems to me you have some issues.

I feel I have done nothing wrong, you have proven time and again you have no respect for this community, based on how you act towards other members.

I tried showing remorse for how people have treated you, I tried to explain why you might be acting the way you are, with total disrespect towards everyone and anyone that doesn't agree with your views.

Basicly your "apolgigy" is clearly an empty one, and you don't really mean it, otherwise YOU WOULD STOP CALLING ME A DICK!!!!

Please read the rules, I have shown you the upmost respect, and I have only told you that I DISAGREE WITH HOW YOUR TREATING PEOPLE. I might say your acting like an ass, thats not a personal attack, thats how I feel.

Calling me a DICK is BEING HOSTILE, WHICH I FEEL I AM NOT DOING, IF YOU FEEL OTHERWISE THEN THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THAT.

Because I am not trying to be hostile with people, why the hell would I change my username, I am trying to avoid GOD DAMN CONFLICT BECAUSE OF SOME DUMBASS USERNAME AND SOME DUMBASS REPUTATION SOME ASSHOLES HAVE MADE ME OUT TO BE.

I am talking about various people, mainly the dumbasses that "write" about me on their website, like I am something special.

I AM NOT SPECIAL, I JUST WANT TO VIST THIS WEBSITE AND NOT HAVE CONFLICT, YET CONFLICT FOLLOWS YOU AROUND LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Please prove you have recieved pm's giving you "Karma++" because I don't believe anyone would agree your acting like you should.

Man, I just wish you would stop following me around, and trying to egg me on with your bs story.

Lets get real my Friend. Every other Post you make someone tells you off. I get flamed by two or three of the cronies on here and this crap follows me? I am 36 not 30 and i call a dick when i see one and my friend you truly fit that bill. I replyed to you again because you Refered me an asshole. Im not an asshole nor a dick. Unlike you i try my best to get along with everyone anywhere. You i find that As an impossible task.

I can assume you talk to people on here the way you do because of the short cummings you must have in your life. Someone took you lunch money at recess? Thats just a guess. I appoloigized to you on here to try and stop the flameing. You were right i didnt mean it. Your not even a pimple on a nats ass my friend you have the personality of a Pig. I would bet you also have the deminer Of a twat. <<<< look it up because i know your moms the only one you ever seen>>. I suggest you get a pet and kick it once a day so you can feel like the MAN! So get alife and get a Shrink ya need one.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
"I refered me an asshole"

What exactly do you mean by that?

I was going to make a drawn out post, but clearly you don't want to work out our issues, and just want to make personal attacks against each other. I have better things to do then argue like school kids with somebody who is 36, who clearly thinks he is better and smarter then I am.

Congrads, you have won against somebody who is 23, are you happy?

But it really doesn't solve the problem at hand, you dislike me and we need to resolve that, because I am not going to be part of a community where somebody follows me around and attacks me.

So instead of sitting here, trying to explain why I might have called you an ass, which wasn't meant as a personal attack. I am going to solve the problem, if your capable of doing that, then we should continue the discussion.

But if were going to do it, we may as well include everyone else, otherwise it being in private only can hurt me in the future.

I have never called you an "asshole" I have called you an ass, which is what I tell people when I feel they are acting poorly. If you take offense to that, I am sorry, but I am not going to sit by and let somebody treat me bad because they have an issue with me.

Twlizer

Sorceror
Seanchen.net said:
"I refered me an asshole"

What exactly do you mean by that?

I was going to make a drawn out post, but clearly you don't want to work out our issues, and just want to make personal attacks against each other. I have better things to do then argue like school kids with somebody who is 36, who clearly thinks he is better and smarter then I am.

Congrads, you have won against somebody who is 23, are you happy?

But it really doesn't solve the problem at hand, you dislike me and we need to resolve that, because I am not going to be part of a community where somebody follows me around and attacks me.

So instead of sitting here, trying to explain why I might have called you an ass, which wasn't meant as a personal attack. I am going to solve the problem, if your capable of doing that, then we should continue the discussion.

But if were going to do it, we may as well include everyone else, otherwise it being in private only can hurt me in the future.

I would be more than happy to discuss that with you. In private or here your choice.

To the Author of this thread ill be more than happy to Help you in any wway i can i am sorry for hijacking your thread. I am not as an accomplished Scriptor as the guys i am argureing with but i do know more then some on here...

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Twlizer said:
I would be more than happy to discuss that with you. In private or here your choice.

So discuss it...

I claim I have not done what you claim I did, when you used your other username.

You have a problem with how some people, choose to help other people within community.

Besides us making a change, what can we do, to fix the situation. I am not going to stop requesting people post their work, before trying to help them, because I am not going to code for people. I have to many things that I would rather do then code for people. I will help them find their own answers and direct them to the correct answer.

Which is what I feel I have done, in the past and the present, yet you feel differently. Besides the posts that you have read, beyond what I actually said, show me examples of how I have treated people poorly.

You can include posts, I have posted by "Phantom", but I ask you to exclude those posts that people tried to "push" me into a corner. The reason being, I only replied to hostile posts, and they might or might not be hostile. Thus counting a hostile post, in that situation is not fair for me, because we have all made posts like that ( including almost every post in this thread by you ).

I can do the same for you, so you can see what I see on my end, I will spend as much time as you want on this subject.

Twlizer

Sorceror
Seanchen.net said:
So discuss it...

I claim I have not done what you claim I did, when you used your other username.

You have a problem with how some people, choose to help other people within community.

Besides us making a change, what can we do, to fix the situation. I am not going to stop requesting people post their work, before trying to help them, because I am not going to code for people. I have to many things that I would rather do then code for people. I will help them find their own answers and direct them to the correct answer.

Which is what I feel I have done, in the past and the present, yet you feel differently. Besides the posts that you have read, beyond what I actually said, show me examples of how I have treated people poorly.

You can include posts, I have posted by "Phantom", but I ask you to exclude those posts that people tried to "push" me into a corner. The reason being, I only replied to hostile posts, and they might or might not be hostile. Thus counting a hostile post, in that situation is not fair for me, because we have all made posts like that ( including almost every post in this thread by you ).

I can do the same for you, so you can see what I see on my end, I will spend as much time as you want on this subject.

I dont feel a need to copy and paste posts. I just think you come off a lil bit to strong to the new people that have not been on here long. I never suggested you Script for anyone. I disagree with you Attempting to mod posts. ( not ment as a flame)

Everyone on here knows you know what you are talking about and i agree ive read alot of post by you. It is not my business how you post or who you post to becasue im not a mod either. I belive if you tone down the way you speak to people on here you would be the most like person on here. I am sure your not a bad guy in Real life. I have no ambition on haveing arguements with anyone or care too.

The new guys get on here and make a mistake and make a bad post on something. Wham 10 post on why they should not do that. I never understood why someone posts on a thread That is not contributing to the topic. I am guilty of that also with this flame war you and i have been in tonight and i appoloigize to the community for that.

I have not lied to you on anything i said that you said to me. I think the community is better servered by people not Replying to a thread that is not contributeing to it. If ya disagree with a post Ignore it i do all the time. I promise you and Runuo community ill do my best not to get in this flame war with you again. I am as wrong as you for this action.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
I dont feel a need to copy and paste posts. I just think you come off a lil bit to strong to the new people that have not been on here long. I never suggested you Script for anyone. I disagree with you Attempting to mod posts. ( not ment as a flame)

I come off stong, I agree, but nothing anyone can't handle.

Everyone on here knows you know what you are talking about and i agree ive read alot of post by you. It is not my business how you post or who you post to becasue im not a mod either. I belive if you tone down the way you speak to people on here you would be the most like person on here. I am sure your not a bad guy in Real life. I have no ambition on haveing arguements with anyone or care too.

Your right, on all points.

The new guys get on here and make a mistake and make a bad post on something. Wham 10 post on why they should not do that. I never understood why someone posts on a thread That is not contributing to the topic. I am guilty of that also with this flame war you and i have been in tonight and i appoloigize to the community for that.

I post once, I answer their question, and if they are breaking the rules I inform them of that fact. I try to avoid conflict, yet it seems to find me, I try my best to confront it the best I can.

I have not lied to you on anything i said that you said to me. I think the community is better servered by people not Replying to a thread that is not contributeing to it. If ya disagree with a post Ignore it i do all the time. I promise you and Runuo community ill do my best not to get in this flame war with you again. I am as wrong as you for this action.

You also have not quoted me, exactly, which is what I question. What you claim I siad, doesn't make sense, is not like myself. The fact is, I would admit I have done you a wrong, if I felt I would have said something like that, tell me your other username and I will try to find the post.

I am going to reply to posts I don't agree with, but I have to say, I feel I do it with at least with some respect and don't call people names.

You were angry when you said those comments, thats why I didn't hold it against you, doesn't mean I have to like you. If you change, that might change, otherwise it won't but my attitude towards you will remain the same.

I will inform you when I disagree with something you said, with respect that I able to show towards you, I am sure you can do the same and not end up calling me names.

Twlizer

Sorceror
Seanchen.net said:
I come off stong, I agree, but nothing anyone can't handle.

Your right, on all points.

I post once, I answer their question, and if they are breaking the rules I inform them of that fact. I try to avoid conflict, yet it seems to find me, I try my best to confront it the best I can.

You also have not quoted me, exactly, which is what I question. What you claim I siad, doesn't make sense, is not like myself. The fact is, I would admit I have done you a wrong, if I felt I would have said something like that, tell me your other username and I will try to find the post.

I am going to reply to posts I don't agree with, but I have to say, I feel I do it with at least with some respect and don't call people names.

You were angry when you said those comments, thats why I didn't hold it against you, doesn't mean I have to like you. If you change, that might change, otherwise it won't but my attitude towards you will remain the same.

I will inform you when I disagree with something you said, with respect that I able to show towards you, I am sure you can do the same and not end up calling me names.

I agree i would like to deal with you also with respect. I will do the same if you say something i disagree with. I will comment with respect. There is no need for flameing. I acted like a child as did you. I should have been the adult and stoped it before it started. Its no consinquence to me about your feeling about what i am. I made some nasty comments Out of anger. That is not my personalty or how i would like to represent myself on here or any where else. Hopefully this will end after this discussion.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
agree i would like to deal with you also with respect. I will do the same if you say something i disagree with. I will comment with respect. There is no need for flameing. I acted like a child as did you. I should have been the adult and stoped it before it started. Its no consinquence to me about your feeling about what i am. I made some nasty comments Out of anger. That is not my personalty or how i would like to represent myself on here or any where else. Hopefully this will end after this discussion.

I would have to disagree that I acted like I child.

I shouldn't have said a couple of things, but several times I feel I tried to tell you to calm down.

I will have to take your word, that you plan not to attack other members in the future, as we both of said that and from time to time I even have not lived up to my words.

I do feel those few times it did happen, I was forced into the situation, but I should have been able to avoid the situation all together which is the only thing I will admit to.

daat99

Staff member
Mideon said:

The original question is this thread was simple.
Requesting something against the rules!!!

It never helps the community that you break the rules...

If a drug dealer that earn millions of dollars will contribute half a million dollars to something did he helped or damaged the entire community?

I don't understand why this discussions happens because I don't understand what Twlizer gets from defending people that break the rules.
Someone broke a rule and he was informed of it in a polite manner, Twlizer had no reason to jump in and "defend" him...

Twlizer said:
Unlike you i try my best to get along with everyone anywhere.
Realy???

Attacking me in almost every thread that I post in is considered "trying to get along"?

Spreading false rumors about my OWLTR system saying it's totaly bugged and doesn't work when in reality less than 5% of the shards that installed it ever had that crash and even they only have it once every several weeks without any reason?

Just so you know 2 RunUO devs along with a lot of other good scriptors like A_Li_N and more that isn't even RunUO members looked at and didn't found the crash reason yet.

What can I say, you realy try something...
Just not to get along...

Kamron

Knight
After closely reading everyone's posts in this thread, I would say that the hijacking by Twizler is was very unecessary. I would also agree that Twizler needs a timeout for his behavior, and a swift attitude adjustment.

siran

Sorceror
Wow. What a lot of pages on fire.

Now I feel like making an apology. When Phantom (seanchen) et al originally observed that no one on these forums was worth hiring, it just struck me that such a sweeping observation was rather unfair, and included himself. As a matter of fact I think he is worth hiring, if he was looking for a job. I think the same about many others, notably Art Gordon, David, Alin, Daat, xxspider, and others who have all been of great help to me in the past whether they know it or not. Further, I am sure that there is a great deal of talent among the "lurkers" and probably a large number of others who are accomplished programmers. We don't know a whole lot about each other, due to the nature of the internet's anonymity, so it would be wrong to make assumptions either too positively or too negatively. Perhaps it would be best to just leave it at that and let this thread take a rest?

daat99

Staff member
siran said:
Wow. What a lot of pages on fire.

Now I feel like making an apology. When Phantom (seanchen) et al originally observed that no one on these forums was worth hiring, it just struck me that such a sweeping observation was rather unfair, and included himself. As a matter of fact I think he is worth hiring, if he was looking for a job. I think the same about many others, notably Art Gordon, David, Alin, Daat, xxspider, and others who have all been of great help to me in the past whether they know it or not. Further, I am sure that there is a great deal of talent among the "lurkers" and probably a large number of others who are accomplished programmers. We don't know a whole lot about each other, due to the nature of the internet's anonymity, so it would be wrong to make assumptions either too positively or too negatively. Perhaps it would be best to just leave it at that and let this thread take a rest?
What he ment and I 100% agree is that nobody that is worth something will even remotely considered to be hired by a person that broke the rules in such an obvius way.

Status
Not open for further replies.