RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.x] Nerun's Distro

nerun

Sorceror
Nerun,

I want to thank you for what is probably by far the most popular addon for RunUO out there... It's a pretty amazing package and I personally appreciate your efforts that have gone into it.

Ryan
Nerun's Distro is a distribution for RunUO 2.3 centered on the settlement of the game, using the Premium Spawner engine. Easy to use, this distro includes spawns for a 100% spawned world: Felucca, Trammel, Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur, and tutorials in english and portuguese.

Tested with:
  • Classic Client up to 7.0.29.2
  • RunUO 2.3 and SVN
Nerun's Distro - Google Code Project Link

CHANGELOG
Rev. 131 (18-Apr-2013)
  • Fixed paths to work properly with Linux (Library.cs).
Rev. 129-130 (26-Mar-2013)
  • Bug fix in Teleporter Maker to prevent shard crash when it read a blank line;
  • Updated RunUO SVN support to SVN 1057.
Rev. 126-128 (05-Mar-2013)
  • Emergencial fix in Stygian Abyss teleporters (shard crash);
  • Fixed bug in Teleporter Maker that made it impossible to compile;
  • More fixes in CreateWorld (this is not my day).
PS.: for a complete changelog, please read ChangesHistory500-525 and ChangesHistoryRev.

INSTALLATION from 7-zip file
1) Download 7-zip from HERE. WinRAR v4.0 or higher can be used to unzip 7z files.

2) Download NerunsDistro-r[x].7z bellow.

3) Follow instructions from 7 to 10 in Installation from SVN Repository bellow.

INSTALLATION from SVN Repository
1) First download your favorite SVN tool. I am using TortoiseSVN. If you don't have one already.

2) Somewhere on your screen right click your mouse and you will come up with your options as you normally would and select SVN Checkout. See pic below.

3) Then you will be given a program box that looks like this:

4) Enter "http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/" (without quotes) in the URL of Repository box. Below that, in Checkout directory, enter where you want the whole system to be downloaded to, such as C:\NerunsDistro.

5) Click ok and allow it to completely download till it is done. It will say updated to revision xxx when done.

6) Go to your Checkout directory. Right click it. Select TortoiseSVN > Export. And export it to somewhere in your Windows.

7) Inside your exported folder, you will see two folders and six files:

+ Distro for RunUO 2.3​
+ Distro for RunUO SVN​
. ChangesHistory500-525.pdf​
. ChangesHistoryRev.pdf​
. Premium Spawner Tutorial (EN-rev).txt​
. Premium Spawner Tutorial (PT-BR).txt​
. READ-ME FIRST.txt​
. SpawnIDs Table.xls​

8) Of course, read the READ-ME file FIRST. It will told you to open the folder for the RunUO version you wants.

9) If you want to run it with RunUO 2.3 open the folder "Distro for RunUO 2.3":

a) Copy "Data" and "Scripts" folder.​
b) Paste them inside your RunUO folder.​
c) When Windows ask if you wants to overwrite/superscribe say "yeas to all".​
d) Start the server.​
e) Enjoy!​

10) If you want to run it with RunUO SVN:

a) Follow instructions of item 9 above (it means: install distro for RunUO 2.3 first).​
b) Open "Distro for RunUO SVN".​
c) Copy "Scripts" folder.​
d) Follow instructions 9(b) to 9(e) above.​

FRESH INSTALL = RunUO + Nerun's Distro only!!!

FROM SCRATCH (FRESH INSTALL RECOMMENDED):
1) Start Main Spawner System: click in [PremiumSpawner in the Joeku's Toolbar;
2) It will open the Premium Spawner menu;
3) Select Apocalypse now (Clear all facets) under WORLD CREATION, click OK;
4) Select Let there be light (Create world) under WORLD CREATION, select all, click OK;
5) Under SELECT SPAWNS BY EXPANSION, select wich spawn pack do you want to install based upon the UO expansion your server will run, click OK;

IF NOT FRESH INSTALL:
1) If you made your own spawns with RunUO before install this distro, you can use Conversion Utility to convert RunUO spawners to Premium Spawners system.
2) Remove the vendors spawned by default in RunUO, because this distro will spawn new vendors, in the right locations: [global remove where spawner.
3) follow steps 4 to 5 in "Fresh Install".

PS.: for more command options read Tutorial.

1.- How do I get rid of the default spawned vendors before running the spawner?
A: [global remove where spawner, it will remove ALL RunUO default spawners, then remember to use [decorate again, to replace the quest spawners. But you can use RunUO vendors, because they are more accurate in amount of vendors. In my distro, the spawners spawn less vendors, because i believe the most of the shards are small and don't need too many vendors, but for OSI accuracy [uoamvendors is better.

2.- Where can i download a version for RunUO 1.0, 2.0 RC2, 2.0 Final, 2.1 or 2.2?
A: In the Google Code

3.- The spawns of this system are OSI accurate?
A: Read Spawns Packs - Multiple Eras.

4.- What are OverSeers? How it works?
A: Read here.

NERUN'S UNIVERSAL UNINSTALLER
You can use the Universal Uninstaller with Rev. 3+. See Gogle Code Project link above.

LINKS TO OTHER SCRIPTS

Attachments

• NerunsDistro-r131.7z
    338 KB · Views: 224

nerun

Sorceror
SPAWNS PACKS
I real belive this information can be useful for some people. If you do not want it, surely you always wants to know how accurate or close to OSI Nerun's (My) Distro is. So here goes...

Key:
  • OSI – this spawn has OSI accuracy. Accuracy is relative to the time it was added to Distro. Method is simple: myself or other people used a free or not account to connet to OSI official server.
  • UOS – UO Stratics accuracy (UO Stratics - News - Main).
  • UA – Unknow accuracy. I did not remember and/or it was made by other people.
UO Era (pre-T2A)
(OSI) This is the first release of UO game! When it comes to life, it comes just with Felucca facet and no other! Zippy have posted UO Rebirth saves. I just converted UO Rebirth spawners to PremiumSpawners (with a few edits).

UO T2A, UO:R, UO:TD and UO:LBR
I have no knowledge about these expansions, and no interest, so i will not publish these spawns, except if somebody post saves or ready-to-use spawns that i can convert to PremiumSpawners.

AOS Era
First of all we need to know that AOS Era has four landmasses: Felucca, Trammel, Ilshenar and Malas. So we need to spawn only that. Do not spawn Tokuno and Ter Mur. There is no custom spawn pack for AOS Era yet. You can use mainly ML Old Haven Era pack bellow. But we need to do a few changes to them, since ML made a lot of changes in Felucca and Trammel facet (example of Heartwood).

Since ML Old Haven Era spawned Felucca and Trammel in 2003, during AOS Era, and Ilshenar/Malas in 2005 (close to ML Era, but still in SE Era), we can use those spawn files as a quite accurate ones.

CLIENT: To play or run an AOS server we will need a client of version no higher than 4.0.4b2, that is the last AOS client, after it we get SE changes. I don't know if we can use another version, maybe ML setup file without patches (4.0.11d).

SE Era
I imagine the same as for AOS Era, but we need to spawn Tokuno, and ultimaIX spawn tokuno with OSI accuracy, in Dec-2004 (SE Era). So we can use ML Old Haven Era pack.

CLIENT: should be no higher than 4.0.11c (the last SE patch).

ML Era (Old Haven look)
Characteristics:
  • It is mainly Distro v5.1.6 (12-Nov-2009) plus v5.1.9 (Heartwood) and Rev.93 (Bedlam);
  • (OSI) ML dungeon maps added in Distro v5.0.8 (Jun-2009) – Erica's Mondain's Legacy Dungeon Map v.10;
  • Trammel/Feluccaspawns were developed in AOS Era (Dec-2003 to late 2004), in that time i played in Atomic Shard:
    • (UOS at least, as I can remember) Most of classic dungeons (not the new ones), wild life and wild monsters (those not in towns or dungeons, but outdoors) was a simple conversion of Bobsmart’s XML spawns (Dec-2003);
    • (OSI) Fire and Ice dungeon updated in Distro v2.0 (very before 2005);
    • (UA) Wind dungeon spawned at Distro v4.0.9 (between late 2005, and before Apr-2006);
    • (OSI) Heartwood spawned at Distro v5.1.9 (Dec-2009);
  • (OSI) Ilshenar finished at Distro v2.9 (probably Oct-2005);
  • (OSI) Tokuno spawns were developed by UltimaIX (in Dec-2004), and added in Distro v2.9 too;
  • (OSI) Malas spawns were finished at Distro v2.3 (probably Apr-2005);
    • (UOS) Improvised Bedlam map at Rev. 93 (May-2012);
CLIENT: Up to 5.0.9.1.

SA Era (New Haven look)
Characteristics:
  • Mainly ML (Old Haven Era) with a lot of updates:
    • (OSI) Distro v5.1.7 (18-Nov-2007) – Britain farmlands and Haven Island;
    • (OSI) Distro v5.1.8 (24-Nov-2009) – Tokuno vendors and Fan Dancers Dojo dungeon;
    • (OSI) Distro v5.1.9 (09-Dec-2009) – Tokuno Icelands;
    • (OSI) Distro v5.2.0 (09-Jul-2009) – Britain Sewers;
    • (OSI) Distro v5.2.5 (04-Jan-2011) – Ter Mur vendors. Very beginning of Stygian Abyss support;
    • (OSI) Distro Rev. 7-10 (Jan/Fev-2011) – south Malas;
    • (UA) Distro Rev. 13 (Jun/2011) - reagents for Trammel and Felucca (simple conversion of MegaSpawner files);
    • (OSI) Distro Rev. 54 (Sep/2011) – Underworld;
    • (OSI) Distro Rev. 63 (Oct/2011) – Abyss and Ter Mur;
CLIENT: Above 6.0.0 up to 7.0.8.2.

HS Era
Characteristics:
  • Mainly SA (New Haven Era) with:
    • (OSI) Distro Rev. 28 (08-Sep-2011) – Sea market (Docktown), this is the very beginning of High Seas support.
CLIENT: From 7.0.9.0 and beyond.

Chevelle

Sorceror
I have these errors. Not sure what I did wrong. Seems like I followed instruction. Fresh install RunUo 2.3, fresh install UO Classic (patched to latest).
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4272.35047
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 8 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (3 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Mobiles/BaseCreature.cs:
CS0117: Line 3841: 'Server.Loot' does not contain a definition for 'Arcanist
ScrollTypes'
CS0117: Line 3855: 'Server.Loot' does not contain a definition for 'Arcanist
ScrollTypes'
CS0117: Line 4421: 'Server.Mobiles.Paragon' does not contain a definition fo
r 'ChocolateIngredientChance'
CS0246: Line 4425: The type or namespace name 'CocoaButter' could not be fou
nd (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1502: Line 4425: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobiles.Base
Creature.PackItem(Server.Item)' has some invalid arguments
CS1503: Line 4425: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'CocoaButter' to 'Serve
r.Item'
CS0246: Line 4426: The type or namespace name 'CocoaLiquor' could not be fou
CS1502: Line 4426: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobiles.Base
CS1503: Line 4426: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'CocoaLiquor' to 'Serve
r.Item'
CS0246: Line 4427: The type or namespace name 'SackOfSugar' could not be fou
CS1502: Line 4427: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobiles.Base
CS1503: Line 4427: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'SackOfSugar' to 'Serve
r.Item'
CS0246: Line 4428: The type or namespace name 'Vanilla' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1502: Line 4428: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobiles.Base
CS1503: Line 4428: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'Vanilla' to 'Server.It
em'
CS0103: Line 4629: The name 'MondainsLegacy' does not exist in the current c
ontext
CS0103: Line 4630: The name 'MondainsLegacy' does not exist in the current c
ontext
CS1502: Line 5191: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.AOS.Damage(S
erver.Mobile, Server.Mobile, int, int, int, int, int, int, bool)' has some inval
id arguments
CS1503: Line 5191: Argument '9': cannot convert from 'int' to 'bool'
+ Engines/Treasures of Tokuno/BasePigmentsOfTokuno.cs:
CS0117: Line 185: 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature' does not contain a definitio
n for 'MinorArtifactsMl'
+ Mobiles/AI/MageAI.cs:
CS0117: Line 214: 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature' does not contain a definitio
n for 'IsNecromancer'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Chevelle

Sorceror
Oh, so the official download page is not 2.3? Where to find it?

*NM, I found it. Works now thanks nerun!

Kafeterya

Wanderer
This is the problem. Distro work only with RunUO 2.3 or SVN 1057, not with RunUO 2.1!
I have fresh install, when trying to load it everything work fine but "in game".

It say everything "cannot be found" but i remarked there is some / instead of \ in the path they are looking for.

nerun

Sorceror
It say everything "cannot be found" but i remarked there is some / instead of \ in the path they are looking for.
\Scripts\Customs\Nerun's Distro\New\Commands\Library.cs should translate all "/" to "\". Are you using Windows or Linux? Tell me more.

Kafeterya

Wanderer
Windows Vista, had it before and everything was working perfectly but with 2.3 now it doesnt want to load correctly.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Nerun -

I want to thank you for what is probably by far the most popular addon for RunUO out there... it's a pretty amazing package and I personally appreciate your efforts that have gone into it.

-Ryan

Nerun -

I want to thank you for what is probably by far the most popular addon for RunUO out there... it's a pretty amazing package and I personally appreciate your efforts that have gone into it.

-Ryan
Ever think about implementing it into the original server package? or at lease just the spawn portion of the system? :)

nerun

Sorceror
Nerun -

-Ryan
OMG! You surprised me! Thank you very much sir! I should thank you too by the amazing emulator RunUO team made. It gave me hours and hours of fun.

Foul

Page
With the fresh latest SVN/Nerun SVN I get this:

Running on Debian Linux (mono)
Everything is there I don't know what is up?

Happens when I click "Let there be light" latest expansion.

edit;; also happens with the Click and Play server..