RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UO 6.0.0.0 Patch

Jeff

Lord
New UO 6.0.0.0 Patch

The trammel map does not work correctly since they have now split the map0 file to 2 files, map0 = fel, map1 = trammel. They have now stopped using the diff patching and are using 2 seperate maps. In order to allow RunUO to read the new map you need to do this

1. Update the UO installation on the server.
2. Open Scripts/Misc/MapDefinitions.cs

and change

Code:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, [COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR], 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );

to

Code:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, [COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR], 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );

3. Tell all your players to update.

Looks like thats it.
Lemme know if there are any issues.

EDIT: With this fix everyone playing your server will need to be at client version 6+ or dont do this and make sure everyone playing is at 5.0.9.1 and below.

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
Jeff;679331 said:
The trammel map does not work correctly since they have now split the map0 file to 2 files, map0 = fel, map1 = trammel. They have now stopped using the diff patching and are using 2 seperate maps. In order to allow RunUO to read the new map you need to do this

1. Update the UO installation on the server.
2. Open Scripts/Misc/MapDefinitions.cs

and change

Code:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, [COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR], 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );

to

Code:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, [COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR], 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );

3. Tell all your players to update.

Looks like thats it.
Lemme know if there are any issues.

EDIT: With this fix everyone playing your server will need to be at client version 6+ or dont do this and make sure everyone playing is at 5.0.9.1 and below.

Yeah, I was on this same route, but it's not working right. When I go to the now ruined haven on Trammel, I can't walk through the holes in the walls, it's acting like there's still walls there.

Is it possible since they're doing it in this way, that the map diff files no longer need to be read? I'm going to try deleting them.

EDIT
Yeah, that seemed to help a lot. I was looking at the patchlog too, and there's no patching done to the map and statics diff files. I keep my UO client data files the server needs in a different place than the client, so nuking all the diff files seemed to correct the trouble I was having.

Jeff

Lord
Cheetah2003;679344 said:
Yeah, I was on this same route, but it's not working right. When I go to the now ruined haven on Trammel, I can't walk through the holes in the walls, it's acting like there's still walls there.

Is it possible since they're doing it in this way, that the map diff files no longer need to be read? I'm going to try deleting them.

Ya accually i was thinking that, RunUO Core needs to not read diffs :(

Remove the diff files from the directory you specified in Datapath.cs and RunUO will not read them.

Also, you could put this in CurrentExpansion.cs:
Code:
TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false;
This should make RunUO not read the diff files (though i have not tested it ;))

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
HellRazor;679589 said:
I took a quick look, and so far as I can tell this is what has changed (and not changed) for the client side map handling:

1. Map1.mul, Statics1.mul, and Staidx1.mul are copies of Map0.mul, Statics0.mul, and Staidx0.mul. They are both the normal old style Britannia map.

2. The client is now checking for Map1.mul, Statics1.mul, and Staidx1.mul at runtime. I *believe* the client is now loading these files in as the base map for Trammel (but I have not validated this).

3. I believe all the Felucca and Trammel specific stuff is still in the DIFF files and is still being patched in at runtime.

They might have done this just to have Felucca and Trammel as seperate maps. They might still be keeping the DIFF files as a handy and easy way of patching the map at runtime. (Guess we'll find out soon, if they are getting rid of them it will probably happen sooner rather than later since they are working on the client and the map in preparation for KR).
I think you're wrong.

First, if the diff files are allowed to be patched in, on the server, when you go to the ruined Haven, there's something blocking movement in places where you cannot see anything (the old walls that're now gone.)

Second:
Code:
[/winxp/Games/Ultima Online] firemoth:5> diff map0.mul map1.mul 
Binary files map0.mul and map1.mul differ
[/winxp/Games/Ultima Online] firemoth:6> diff statics0.mul statics1.mul 
Binary files statics0.mul and statics1.mul differ
[/winxp/Games/Ultima Online] firemoth:10> diff -q staidx0.mul staidx1.mul
Files staidx0.mul and staidx1.mul differ
The files are clearly not 'copies.' They're different.

I also deleted ALL the mapdif and statics diff files from my client, with no noticed differences in the game, or errors from the client.

HellRazor

Knight
Cheetah2003;679601 said:
I think you're wrong.

First, if the diff files are allowed to be patched in, on the server, when you go to the ruined Haven, there's something blocking movement in places where you cannot see anything (the old walls that're now gone.)

I'm only talking about what I am seeing client side. I can't vouch for how the server is interacting with the client, but I suspect it has something to do with the client no longer using Map0 for Trammel. The client is now using a map file that RunUO knows nothing about (Map1) as its base map.

Second:
Code:
[/winxp/Games/Ultima Online] firemoth:5> diff map0.mul map1.mul 
Binary files map0.mul and map1.mul differ
[/winxp/Games/Ultima Online] firemoth:6> diff statics0.mul statics1.mul 
Binary files statics0.mul and statics1.mul differ
[/winxp/Games/Ultima Online] firemoth:10> diff -q staidx0.mul staidx1.mul
Files staidx0.mul and staidx1.mul differ
The files are clearly not 'copies.' They're different.

I also deleted ALL the mapdif and statics diff files from my client, with no noticed differences in the game, or errors from the client.

There may be some differences, I didn't compare every area. This was based on a quick look using InsideUO where I renamed the Map1, etc. to Map0, and then did not load any of the DIFF files at all.

Doing this, the map was the standard Britannia map for both Felucca and Trammel (with Ocllo and no Haven).

That tells me the changes are not in Map1 or Map0. The client patch did not remove any of the DIFF files so I think they are still being loaded.

Nagozi

Sorceror
Devils Advocate...

ummm who cares what uses which files for trammel and felucca.. the bottom line is that EA has just made it possible for creative individuals to draw five... yes 5... completely different custom worlds and easily incorporate them into their servers.

This wasn't easily done before this publish; one would have had to use UOL and adobe photoshop to create the 5 maps and world forge to paste over fel or tram. In order to successfully integrate 5 different worlds.

So in my very humble opinion, this publish did the custom RunUO servers a favor by seperating the 2 maps. Just replace the diff files with blank ones and your all set! Screw messing with whats already created because EA screwed their worlds up royally.

Just take a look at the shallow-land transitions now... EA is getting the all too familiar brown border around land continents and islands; something that has plagued custom map makers for years. Anyway, thats my 2 cents :p

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
Normally, I'd just leave this alone, but you are giving misinformation, HellRazor.

If you load up InsideUO, and glance over at Haven/Occlo, on Felucca it looks basically normal.

Now, under View->File Paths, I change the file to Map1, Statics1, and Staidx1. Now I go over to Haven and look. It doesn't look right.

If I right click and uncheck the 'Draw Patched', presto, it's right. The diff files are not being used, using them gives an incorrect map, based on what we see if we log into an OSI shard, or even a FreeShard, with 6.0.0.0. The diffs are not being used by the client. Which is exactly why I was seeing blocked movements where there shouldn't be blocked movement, in Old Haven, on Trammel, when RunUO is given the diffs to patch onto the map.

Attachments

• feluuca-occlo.jpg
    feluuca-occlo.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 315
  • trammel_haven.jpg
    trammel_haven.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 316

DrGrX

Wanderer
A bit lost

Hello,

Well maybe it just finals week or something but I can't seem to figure this fix out. Or maybe I am missing the point.

my question is: Is this (Jeff & cheetah's fix of removing the diffs and changing the mapDefinitions.cs) supposed to revert the map back to an un-ruined Haven like the 5.0.9.1 patch?

Thank you

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
DrGrX;679733 said:
Hello,

Well maybe it just finals week or something but I can't seem to figure this fix out. Or maybe I am missing the point.

my question is: Is this (Jeff & cheetah's fix of removing the diffs and changing the mapDefinitions.cs) supposed to revert the map back to an un-ruined Haven like the 5.0.9.1 patch?

Thank you

No. The fixes make the 6.0.0.0 maps work.

wensday

Wanderer
I've got no clue what you all have done to fix this issue, but I cant even start up my server now.... I've tried all the fixes that have been thrown out, and I continue to recieve the same error:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
Error:
System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Display(CompilerResults results)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.CompileCSScripts(Boolean debug, Assembly& assembly)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

LocoXXL

Wanderer
I love how new haven looks like a bunch of bs a retarded kindergardener drew. anyways i did the edits you said to the scripts and i seem to be able to get around everythign with out getting stuck in the gound or stoped by an invisilbe wall

HellRazor

Knight
Cheetah2003;679713 said:
Normally, I'd just leave this alone, but you are giving misinformation, HellRazor.

If you load up InsideUO, and glance over at Haven/Occlo, on Felucca it looks basically normal.

Now, under View->File Paths, I change the file to Map1, Statics1, and Staidx1. Now I go over to Haven and look. It doesn't look right.

If I right click and uncheck the 'Draw Patched', presto, it's right. The diff files are not being used, using them gives an incorrect map, based on what we see if we log into an OSI shard, or even a FreeShard, with 6.0.0.0. The diffs are not being used by the client. Which is exactly why I was seeing blocked movements where there shouldn't be blocked movement, in Old Haven, on Trammel, when RunUO is given the diffs to patch onto the map.

Did you close and reload InsideUO after changing the file paths? InsideUO sometimes has problems changing the map after it has been loaded.

I'll take another look at it tonight.

Jeff

Lord
wensday;679816 said:
I've got no clue what you all have done to fix this issue, but I cant even start up my server now.... I've tried all the fixes that have been thrown out, and I continue to recieve the same error:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
Error:
System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Display(CompilerResults results)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.CompileCSScripts(Boolean debug, Assembly& assembly)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Ya none of that has anything todo with what we said. Aside from you having an illegal character in a path name somewhere, We dont know what you changed so its kinda hard to help. However nothing we said todo would cause this error, so more then likely its something else you did.

HellRazor

Knight
Ok I just double checked. The 2 maps *ARE* different, most notably Map1 has Haven and Map0 has Ocllo (although there may also be some other differences). Sorry for screwing that up. I think what threw me was that I didn't realize I was looking at Haven and not Ocllo (doh).

I do think the diff files are still being loaded by the client. At least if the Yew Swamps still exist on Felucca, because Map0 has Yew and not the Yew swamps. (If the Yew swamps are gone its very possible that the diff files aren't in use any more).

Cathayan

Wanderer
I have made changes specified here, but for some reason the server blocks tiles as if it Felucca. The sensation is created that the map was loaded only visually, the physics has remained from Felucca.

Ray

Sorceror
After some profiling with FileMon:
The latest client doesnt patch the diffs anymore. It still responses to the MapPatches packet (0xBF, subcommand 0x18) sent by RunUO with loading all the Diff-Lookup-files (stadifL, mapdifL files) but after that, it doesnt go further with using the index and data files (though, unlike verdata.mul, they're still opened at every client startup). It just doesn't display them :(

As a real fan of the diff patch mechanism (easy deployment, small size, runtime patching) I really hope this is a temporary change so the diffs don't interfer with the 'new' maps and they'll be activated with one of the following updates during the next weeks. But perhaps this was done because KR wouldn't support diffs at all, which would make them useless for EA.