RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UO 6.0.0.0 Patch

HellRazor

Knight
Ray;680259 said:
After some profiling with FileMon:
The latest client doesnt patch the diffs anymore. It still responses to the MapPatches packet (0xBF, subcommand 0x18) sent by RunUO with loading all the Diff-Lookup-files (stadifL, mapdifL files) but after that, it doesnt go further with using the index and data files (though, unlike verdata.mul, they're still opened at every client startup). It just doesn't display them :(

Thanks Ray, I guess that confirms it. I also saw some posts elsewhere that the Yew swamps are gone.

But perhaps this was done because KR wouldn't support diffs at all, which would make them useless for EA.

I'm thinking your right. They probably didn't bother to add it to the KR client, maybe they think its easier to just patch the map itself rather than deal with mini-map patches that grow larger and larger whenever there is a change.

Plus they never really used them that much in the first place except for Trammel/Felucca.

Ray

Sorceror
HellRazor;680264 said:
They probably didn't bother to add it to the KR client, maybe they think its easier to just patch the map itself rather than deal with mini-map patches that grow larger and larger whenever there is a change.
I think this was the reason to drop the verdata. But the diffs have one big advantage to that: They can be activated at runtime, so Shard 1, that finished a quest which has to change the map, can activate the patch at runtime, while another Shard still uses the unpatched map.

As the files are still opened and read, i think this was just temporarily disabled so the diffs won't interfer with the redesigned map, displaying some wrong/old scenes or something like that. But this is just guessing with a slight hope to stay with this mechanism. Nothing to rely on.

Or they just had to hurry. :rolleyes:

HellRazor;680264 said:
Plus they never really used them that much in the first place except for Trammel/Felucca.
Yeah, this could be the key point. :(

Cathayan

Wanderer
I today have come on UO Demice, and have found out that there all normally with and I did not fail and have not come across invisible walls...

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Greetings,

Did you happen to read OSI's tag line on 5of5?

The first shudders of the changing world have been felt... the land is wracked and warped. What strange times lie ahead? - Jeremy

Nothing like splitting the maps aye?

-Ravon

I been reading up and down this whole post and trying to figure out whats needs to be done i cant make heads or tails lol sorry to be of annoyance so to fix this issue could someone please post what would be needed to do this?? :D i would appreciate it much :D thank you

BuDolas

Sorceror
change in MapDefinitions.cs

Code:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );
to

Code:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );

Put this in CurrentExpansion.cs

Code:
TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false;

That's all and works

Helo once again well i did the first part about the trammal mapdefinitions.cs now um the currentexpansion.cs umm icant seem to find it....i think i should haveadded im still running runuo 1.0 :D if you could give me any clue where as i should look for this file please let me know :D. i did do a search for it in th runuo file an nothing came up :(.

colette

Wanderer
Patching

Helloo Again, Again , I hope this is right spot for this, but why is everyone patching to UO 6.0, I thought I had read elsewhere, Ryan said we weren't going the way of UO at this time, with graphics etc., so why do we need to patch. I gave up my reg. UO acct. so how do I patch if this is the needed thing at this time? I am confused:eek: Pls unconfuse an old gal!:p

Malaperth

Wanderer
My choice would be NOT to patch, but if you decide to or it is necessary for a shard you want to log on to, simply start the UO game as if you were going to connect to an OSI shard and it will patch for you. Simply select no after it patches and asks you to start the client.

HellRazor

Knight
colette;684956 said:
Helloo Again, Again , I hope this is right spot for this, but why is everyone patching to UO 6.0, I thought I had read elsewhere, Ryan said we weren't going the way of UO at this time, with graphics etc., so why do we need to patch. I gave up my reg. UO acct. so how do I patch if this is the needed thing at this time? I am confused:eek: Pls unconfuse an old gal!:p

Ryan is talking about RunUO not supporting the Kingdom Reborn client. That is an entirely new client.

SiENcE

Sorceror
And how does the new Client communicate with the Server ? I think with the same UO Protocol like the "old" Client. Maybe they added some new packets and a new encryption. But it's the same old, worse protocol.

HellRazor

Knight
That's not the point. The point is, the client that RunUO isn't supporting is Kingdom Reborn. So any new packets, features, etc. unique to Kingdom Reborn won't be supported.

The current 2D client, so far as I know, will continue to be supported.

HellRazor

Knight
Sigh. Let me spell it out for you.

Colette asked:

why is everyone patching to UO 6.0, I thought I had read elsewhere, Ryan said we weren't going the way of UO at this time, with graphics etc., so why do we need to patch.

I answered her question and explained that RunUO never said they wouldn't support the 6.0 clients. It's the Kingdom Reborn client they aren't supporting, it's an entirely seperate client. The current 2D client will continue to be supported.

Then you butted in and tried to turn it into a old client/new client debate.

Do you understand now?

SiENcE

Sorceror
Sorry but i don't understand you.

entirely seperate client.

They use the same network protokol ! There is no different between the RunUO Server communication with UO:KR (new client) or Normal-2DClients (6.0 clients or whatever you like to say). Since 6.0.0+ they added 3-4 new packets also to the Normal-2D Client. I only want to say that there is no big need to support the UO:KR Client, because it should be working out of the box or with very little modifications.

What you mean with entirely seperate client? Only GFX is rendered with a different Engine. Thats all.

If you mean the Content...than i understand you (like new spells or items).