RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UO 6.0.0.0 Patch

HellRazor

Knight
All I am doing is explaining to Colette which client the RunUO devs said they would not support.

I'm not saying the KR client won't work. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

All I am saying is that the RunUO devs have stated they aren't going to provide any support for KR if it doesn't work, or if features from KR don't work.

Colette thought they were talking about no longer supporting the normal 2D client.

Solbehlas

Wanderer
Gifted minds,

Thank you so much for showing the fix the map problem from OSI. The New Haven is quite neat actually. I can finally walk around in the city now and not fall in tile holes. Now, I got to fix the regions to show the New Haven area for guards. =)

Solbehlas
Simply Reborn

koluch

Sorceror
Solbehlas;686235 said:
Gifted minds,

Thank you so much for showing the fix the map problem from OSI. The New Haven is quite neat actually. I can finally walk around in the city now and not fall in tile holes. Now, I got to fix the regions to show the New Haven area for guards. =)

Solbehlas
Simply Reborn
I am at 6.0.1.3 and still fall in holes, have changed the MapDef to 1.
What else do I need to do to correct this??

Thanks!

Koluch

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Okay, just checking through this thread and noting what needs to be changed when we finally get our shard fully functional. I've checked on other shards that have had awful times of this.

Please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere here...

The Trammel mul files have been 'split'. While the Trammel file has been split, the other map/static/staidx files haven't been touched/altered so that they have "hidden walls".

Now adding the fact our shard is custom map/static/staidx, and we only use Felucca/Ilshenar/Malas and not Trammel, we would not need to do the changes prescribed here, correct?

Rosetta

Wanderer
I have been reading this and a few other topics about it. I have a few basic questions, at least for now, one can't make custom shards with altered maps with client 6.0.0.0 or higher?

I am pretty sure it's a no it's not possible, but there is a lot of information on the forums and I just want to make sure I got it right.

The other question is, if I use a client before 6.0.0.0 will there be invisible walls and holes in Tram or Fel?

Neouni

Wanderer
you can't mix ver 5 & 6 clients and servers
diffs are disabled in ver 6, and so you must disable it on your server too

so if diffs are off you can only edit the remain files i presume
but the maps are split off now so that should be easyer

Rosetta

Wanderer
you can't mix ver 5 & 6 clients and servers
diffs are disabled in ver 6, and so you must disable it on your server too

I figured I would just put the client file in a patch format so that players would have the same as the server.
*(Players doesn't mean the public in general, it's four people atm that are all friends. Just wanted to clear that up so no one thinks I am distributing the client freely.)

But when you freeze things on the map files it saves in diff format, or has that changed? I have been away for a long time and having to relearn a lot of this.

RJO

Sorceror
I too have been away a while... I would like to know what the implications of going forward with the 6.* client series is?

To keep performance to a maximum I of course want to freeze items into the data files as much as possible... will this still be possible?

What exactly does TileMatrixPpatch setting do?

Thanks guys, any insights you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Cheetah2003;679344 said:
Yeah, I was on this same route, but it's not working right. When I go to the now ruined haven on Trammel, I can't walk through the holes in the walls, it's acting like there's still walls there.

Is it possible since they're doing it in this way, that the map diff files no longer need to be read? I'm going to try deleting them.

EDIT
Yeah, that seemed to help a lot. I was looking at the patchlog too, and there's no patching done to the map and statics diff files. I keep my UO client data files the server needs in a different place than the client, so nuking all the diff files seemed to correct the trouble I was having.

Ok am i missing something cuz i did this and it messed things up.... Like I have re did brit and i was running into building...that where there. and Ish was still a mess.....

HellRazor

Knight
RJO;689392 said:
I too have been away a while... I would like to know what the implications of going forward with the 6.* client series is?

To keep performance to a maximum I of course want to freeze items into the data files as much as possible... will this still be possible?

What exactly does TileMatrixPpatch setting do?

Thanks guys, any insights you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Older clients had files (commonly called "diff" files) that contained changes to the maps and statics that were patched in at runtime. In those old clients, Trammel and Felucca both used the same map and the differences between the two maps were in the diff files.

Your TileMatrixPatch setting in RunUO tells the server to either use diff files (true) or not (false). Since the new clients no longer use the diff files you would want to turn it off in the server for those clients.

Roseanne

Wanderer
I actually had to uninstall the game, then reinstall. When it's patching, don't let patch 6 download. Then I went in to my game directory to check to make sure there weren't seperate map files for tram/fel. I can't remember all the file names but I think they were map01.mul, mapdif1.mul, statics1.mul, stadif1.mul, staidix1.mul If you see any of those files in there take them out.

I also used an old client.exe file that I had made when the problem about encrypted clients came out. If you need it let me know & i'll post it.

Then I went into the ConnectUO fold and deleted the shards in it. Then I reloaded the game via ConnectUO and got my patches all over again.

I actually did this procedure a few times b4 it worked. Everything ended up fine except for haven... it's still messed up, but I can live w/that for now.

Hope this helps.

Setharnas

Sorceror
You mustn't post this openly, that could lead to a lot more trouble than even creating RunUO in the first place ever could have.

That being said, aren't PMs a wonderfull thing? :D

Greystar

Wanderer
Someone touched on this a bit... but since there are now officially 5 maps used by the client, couldn't we customize trammel to our hearts delight now and it totally not interfere with Fel at all... If so that is totally cool and MIGHT actually make it so I start a shard again. I always wanted to "delete" Haven and turn it into my own area and also change Brittain and ...crap... the Island town on Tram side to be something totally different... could someone let me know if they have attempted this yet with the 6.0 client updates? (It's okay to PM me for this)... if this is possible it might make me decide to download the newest RunUO server (plus updates) and then update my Killable guards to work with 2.0...

IF I do this I will definitely no longer be supporting 1.0 version of my Killable Guards...

PS) my G/F would probably want to kill me if she even knew that I was considering getting back into scripting...

I made the edits listed and I run a custom map. I've had no difficulty in walking around or moving in that map and everything works almost perfectly.

The two issues I have, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had them or has any insights, are that when I open Pandora's Box and/or UOAM I get the standard OSI map.

I patched my ML all the way to the top then added my custom files, renaming them to map1, statics1, staidx1 as well as changed those in the server. I notice that the UO folder still have map0 and such, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas?

When I switch between trammel and felucca on PB or UOAM I still see the same map. Only in game does it actually work.

Greystar

Wanderer
Azreal-hybrid;690181 said:
I made the edits listed and I run a custom map. I've had no difficulty in walking around or moving in that map and everything works almost perfectly.

The two issues I have, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had them or has any insights, are that when I open Pandora's Box and/or UOAM I get the standard OSI map.

I patched my ML all the way to the top then added my custom files, renaming them to map1, statics1, staidx1 as well as changed those in the server. I notice that the UO folder still have map0 and such, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas?

When I switch between trammel and felucca on PB or UOAM I still see the same map. Only in game does it actually work.

UOAM uses precompiled map files and making it use custom maps does require some tweaking if I recall correctly the developer of UOAM will make map files that work with UOAM IF you send him a small donation and the files he needs to do this with. Not sure how PB works with that though.

I've however used UOAM fully with custom maps in the past. Only updating to 6.0 have PB and UOAM decided to use the OSI maps which, well, I cant find in my files unless they are one of the other maps.

I suppose I could tinker with removing the diffs (though I added that supposed exception) and the other map/static files, however I want to make it easy for players to join and use these tools, if they want.

I dont know the whole method, but my hunch is that somehow a different map file (as my minimap in game works) is being used for these programs.

Neouni

Wanderer
UOAM isn't updated since 2004 something, so i'm quite sure it doesn't read the client files or it would need an update for the map splitup,

all maps are loaded from a remote source, that probably hasn't been updated since 2006 something

Well, it'd have to read the client files since I have used it extensively prior to upgrading to 6.0 where Ive loaded dozens and dozens of maps.

My impression was that it loaded map0, map1, etc, yet now it loads OSI maps even if the map0 is different.

I know it hasnt been updated, but Ive definitely used it with custom maps for years, only having updated map0.mul.

Im not the greatest programmer, but why it would read from somewhere else after only reading from map0 for years is what is aggrivating. PB is the same thing... so I think there is something inside the patch. Ill check into it some more, but no idea if Ill get anywhere. It should, really, be something that can be solved.