RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UO 6.0.0.0 Patch

Ok, so yea, here's the deal. I fixed it.

Basically the programs UOAM and PB must be hard coded to read from Map0.mul. In UOAM, when I switch to Felucca(1) I seem to get the exact same image as Map0.mul (the OSI map), despite having changed the physical map1.mul manually. I didnt try to differentiate between the other files, but getting this was expected, somewhat, as the programs are still hard-coded to think the two maps as one, drawing only from "0"

So, the solution that I found allowing you to get your custom maps in both UOAM and PB with minimal interference to potential players is essentially duplicating map1, statics1, and staidx1.mul fils the "0" files, that is map0, statics0, and staidx0.mul.

Using the "TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false; " under Configure(){} in Datapath.cs did not seem to remove Haven/Occlo and the faction territories, completely ignoring the diff files. Am I doing anything wrong?

Therefore, the easiest solution for a shard with custom maps, from what I can see, is to send them two copies of map, statics, and staidx. Not that big of a deal at all. In the future, I'll see exactly how much the statics affect one another. Something tells me that I'll have to build on Map0.mul in order to see it on Map1.mul even if it isn't there, but all hunches for now.

I'm just glad that I found the solution and can use the custom maps as well as the more updated client.

Let me know what you think if anyone has any other ideas, but I hope that helps someone!

Actually, it appears that the factions and occlo only show up on UOAM and PB. While it didnt happen before when I removed the def files, since it isnt actually in game isnt too big of a concern.

Aside from deleting def files, or maybe my placement of that ""TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false; " under Configure(){}" any ideas?

Thanks.

sombraBR

Sorceror
Well

i try do the modification in MapDefinitions.cs file

but don't work

so i put default valor in MapDefinitions.cs file, and try delete diff's files and put and put the "TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false;" in CurrentExpansion.cs file

but don't work too

so i make both and don't work again, what i need to do for fix the haven?

Antidoto

Sorceror
I have two custom maps:
The first is the map0.mul and it's trammel and fell.
Now I make a second map call "map2.mul"
How can i register it in my MapDefinitions.cs???

(Sorry my English)

Anubys

Wanderer
Jeff;679331 said:
The trammel map does not work correctly since they have now split the map0 file to 2 files, map0 = fel, map1 = trammel. They have now stopped using the diff patching and are using 2 seperate maps. In order to allow RunUO to read the new map you need to do this

1. Update the UO installation on the server.
2. Open Scripts/Misc/MapDefinitions.cs

and change

Code:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, [COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR], 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );

to

Code:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, [COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR], 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );

3. Tell all your players to update.

Looks like thats it.
Lemme know if there are any issues.

EDIT: With this fix everyone playing your server will need to be at client version 6+ or dont do this and make sure everyone playing is at 5.0.9.1 and below.

Lay out the direct reference plizzzzz
sorry my bed english i from russia

coldfire7

Wanderer
It didn't seem to work for me some reason , thought this is on client 6.0.9.2 Patch 70 i've tryed it on

Brit-Tram & haven still do it

Server is SVN 297 w-Neruns

Prehaps i did it wrong maybe or its just not fixable on the lastest patch, hoping it is reinstall & patching from 9th age is a pain

Melchior

Wanderer
You are responding to a very old thread. The newest versions of RunUO supports the latest clients (I use 6.0.9.2 on SVN 297). Make sure that the client files used by the server (DataPath.cs) are the same version.