RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Nujel'm) Battle Chess

Arya

Wanderer
Edit: Spencer, as I see you have deleted your post, I decided to delete my reply as well. I did read it though.

And now in response to the previous posts:

Hades, I'll probably decide to spend some time working on the appearance of the script sometime in the future. I honestly have no clue how to do the lightning effect, but I might to add more customization through the stone properties (like hues and so on).

Spider:

I don't think the target could lead to abuse (I belive the callback makes a check on a member variable, don't have the code on this PC so I can't be completely sure). However it's surely a good idea to cancel it, so I'm going to add that later on. Thanks!

The 2 waypoint knight will likely end up added with the updates I mentioned to Hades.

The direction thing is a pain. As you have noticed I did reset it, but for some reason it doesn't work. I'm going to investigate on this (things that don't work as supposed annoy me greatly ;)).

Thanks both for the suggestions!

Arya

Wanderer
Thiago X said:
Try to use the comand [decorate using this script.

I'm sorry but I don't understand, what do you mean? Why would you decorate while playing chess anyway? ;)

HadesUO

Wanderer
Arya said:
I'm sorry but I don't understand, what do you mean? Why would you decorate while playing chess anyway? ;)

Well i do love your system arya. but what i meant was like when the chess piece takes over another isnead of piece being removed with blue flame a spell removes em. and i forgot to say this is one of the best scripts u made...i love the hell outa chess.

Arya

Wanderer
*psst* That was in reply to Thiago's post, not yours ;) I replid to your comment in the previous post :)

HadesUO

Wanderer
HadesUO said:
Well i do love your system arya. but what i meant was like when the chess piece takes over another isnead of piece being removed with blue flame a spell removes em. and i forgot to say this is one of the best scripts u made...i love the hell outa chess.

Yes i know just was making sure so mehb u would mehb consider it. but either wya it rocks.

Q

Questar

I'm getting an error with mine,

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (6 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\BattleChess\Items\ChessControl.cs: CS0200: (line 30, column 5)
Property or indexer 'Server.Rectangle2D.Width' cannot be assigned to -- it is r
ead only
- Error: Scripts\BattleChess\Items\ChessControl.cs: CS0200: (line 31, column 5)
Property or indexer 'Server.Rectangle2D.Height' cannot be assigned to -- it is
read only
- Error: Scripts\BattleChess\Items\ChessControl.cs: CS0200: (line 50, column 6)
Property or indexer 'Server.Rectangle2D.Width' cannot be assigned to -- it is r
ead only
- Error: Scripts\BattleChess\Items\ChessControl.cs: CS0200: (line 51, column 6)
Property or indexer 'Server.Rectangle2D.Height' cannot be assigned to -- it is
read only
- Error: Scripts\BattleChess\BaseChessPiece.cs: CS0117: (line 191, column 4) 'A
rya.Chess.ChessMobile' does not contain a definition for 'MoveToWorld'
- Error: Scripts\BattleChess\ChessMobile.cs: CS0103: (line 61, column 4) The na
me 'MoveToWorld' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Arya.Chess.ChessMobil
e'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Arya

Wanderer
Questar, are you using an older version of RunUO by any chance? That's the only reason I can think of for your errors...

Q

Questar

yes beta 36, also accept my icq please.

is there anyway to fix this?

Arya

Wanderer
I guess you could replace each assignment to Width with a proper assignment to End (on each Rectangle2D structure).

And I'll be on ICQ tomorrow :)

Igon

Wanderer
got another crash report...

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Arya.Chess.Chessboard.PushGame(ChessColor nextMoveColor, Move move) in c:\Inetpub\ftproot\1.0_RC0\AbundanceReborn\Scripts\_testing\BattleChess 1.0.2\Chessboard.cs:line 345
at Arya.Chess.Chessboard.OnPawnPromoted(BaseChessPiece pawn, PawnPromotion to) in c:\Inetpub\ftproot\1.0_RC0\AbundanceReborn\Scripts\_testing\BattleChess 1.0.2\Chessboard.cs:line 405
at Arya.Chess.ChessGame.OnPawnPromoted(PawnPromotion type) in c:\Inetpub\ftproot\1.0_RC0\AbundanceReborn\Scripts\_testing\BattleChess 1.0.2\ChessGame.cs:line 518
at Arya.Chess.PawnPromotionGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info) in c:\Inetpub\ftproot\1.0_RC0\AbundanceReborn\Scripts\_testing\BattleChess 1.0.2\Gumps\PawnPromotionGump.cs:line 77
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

It happened when a pawn was promotion that resulted in Checkmate.

But they love it besides that.

Unrelated question, Are there any drawbacks to running in debug mode all the time?

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
There's a little text related error that's easily fixed.

When the gump comes up to accept a battle chess match instead of having only the player's name it has the mobile id value and the player's name in qoutes. I'm guessing it's cause you used Mobile instead of Mobile.Name or whatever.

flowerbudd

Sorceror
server crashed while i was out today here is the report
Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Arya.Chess.Chessboard.PushGame(ChessColor nextMoveColor, Move move)
   at Arya.Chess.Chessboard.OnPawnPromoted(BaseChessPiece pawn, PawnPromotion to)
   at Arya.Chess.PawnPromotionGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

stormwolff

Knight
Ok here is one for you :)

Exception:
at Arya.Chess.ChessGame.AcceptGame(Mobile guest)
at Arya.Chess.StartGameGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)

Two clients/accounts on the same computer trying to play the game.

I must say this is a great system arya. My players and I have been playing it all day.

Kamron

Knight
Thanks Arya for your replies. I will help you investigate the problem. I also will help impliment the ability to do a kind of fake 1-hit kill capture for the NPCs and maybe submit it with a boolean setting in the config. The game is built very solid, and very cleanly. Definatley a great job. I couldn't see a better way to code it myself.

Arya

Wanderer
I have just posted an update that solves the crash occurring at pawn promotion leading to checkmate. This should solve the issues reported by flowerbudd and Igon. I have also fixed the name displayed on the start game gump so that it no longer displays the serial (thansk Cmonkey, what you said was exactly the error. Forgot to add .Name :p ).

Stormwolff, I hope I fixed the crash you reported. I think it occurs in the unlikely situation that the game guest clicks accept and the game owner clicks cancel at the same time. I think that's the only possible way for that to happen.

Two mobiles playing from the same machine is not an issue, as that's how I did all my testing. The game doesn't check IPs or accounts, it only takes two different mobiles.

Igon, I'm pretty sure running the server in debug mode increases memory usage as the compiler loads debug symbols for all the scripts in case you attach a debugger to the process. It also increases compile time. If you're talking about a production server, you shouldn't use it unless you're trying to reproduce a crash you have a hard time figuring out.

Spider, thanks for the comments. It's good to have an opinion on the code rather than just on functionality (especially since the comment is a good one ;)). If you find a way of solving the facing issue, or get to add some nice effects please let me know and I'll see into merging it. I'm going to work now on some cosmetic changes anyway, moving some parameters into the stone's properties so they can be configured on the fly.

Also I think I'll be implementing a fantasy version of the chessboard, using monster/creatures bodies rather than human NPCs. This of course will be a parameter on the stone as well.

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback! :)