RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Nujel'm) Battle Chess

HadesUO

Wanderer
Ok my scripter is outa town...but was messing with the animations thing. I was wanting to know how to make blood oath as attack effect and noble sanc as capture effect and would it be possible to have diff kills intead of just lightning? Love your work and glad to use your scripts...

Arya

Wanderer
Yes, Hades but you'd have to script it because right now through the props you can only set one offect, while those you mentioned are combinations of more than one.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
I was at the graphics studio longer than expected today (meeting for Halo2 demo wrap up and plans to go see it when it airs before spider-man 2). So I haven't had time to make the 1-hit kill effect. If anyone has an ideas on cool effects or fight things to do for each of the players to make it interesting or other stuff, please private message me or email me at [email protected], and Ill add it in with what I am currently planning on making. Just wanna help ya out Arya, and as always beautiful shit, I love it.

I'm not sure if this is what you where talking about, but I think it would be really cool if the chess pieces fought it out. Maybe have a feature to turn this on and off too so players don't have to watch it if they don't want to.

I dunno how hard it will be to do but just a suggestion :D

jjarmis

Wanderer
I have edited your script a little... I added a 3rd color per piece to make them more colorful. :) anyway I attached it. :)

Attachments

• BattleChess.zip
    36.3 KB · Views: 15

jjarmis

Wanderer
Hrm... I must've done something wrong when I added that 3rd color... when I saved and restarted my server it said that the ChessControl had to be deleted.... or something like that... anyway if anyone knows what I did wrong, please help me out. :)

jjarmis

Wanderer
Cmonkey123 said:
You did the serialize wrong in the ChessControl script

Ya I noticed that right after I posted. :) I had to go to work though (which is where I am now) and so I can't update what I attached until I get home tonight from work. :) Silly me had it reading the new values, but not writing them hehe. :)

Kamron

Knight
Arya, if you want I can recode your script so that on the stone (while not playing a game) you can specify the direction at which to play (N-S, S-N, W-E, E-W). And then you can use that with simple subtraction to determine the correct direction at which they should be facing, and the location at which they should be placed.

Arya

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
Arya, if you want I can recode your script so that on the stone (while not playing a game) you can specify the direction at which to play (N-S, S-N, W-E, E-W). And then you can use that with simple subtraction to determine the correct direction at which they should be facing, and the location at which they should be placed.
Actually I was talking about the code that manages piece movement, castling, enpassant and so on. However not that I think of it, considering that's all done in board coordinates, I could simply map differently to world coordinates depending on the direction. I honestly didn't think of that before, so thanks for making me notice it ;) I think this shouldn't be much work to do now, so I can surely handle myself and include it in tomorrows update.

Jjarmis, don't worry about the serialization error. I'll have a look at your code tomorrow and eventually merge it into my own script (which by now is different than the one posted here). Thanks! :)

Kamron

Knight
Okay cool. I meant to include that in the total of what I was talking about. And yeah, dependant upon the direction property, it should be easy to calculate. I can't wait for the update.

jjarmis

Wanderer
Arya said:
Jjarmis, don't worry about the serialization error. I'll have a look at your code tomorrow and eventually merge it into my own script (which by now is different than the one posted here). Thanks! :)

Coolies! :p hehe this is the best script I've yet seen and it just didn't have enough color for me. I dont think I did too bad considering I've never even seen C# script before last month. :) Hehe... anyway.. cant wait for the next update. :) Keep up the GREAT work! :)

Fineous

Wanderer
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Arya.Chess.ChessGame.AcceptGame(Mobile guest)
at Arya.Chess.StartGameGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Im a bit under the drunken weather atm but got this havent looked at it at all

Arya

Wanderer
Fineous, I believe that crash has been fixed already. Are you using the most up to date version of the script?

HadesUO

Wanderer
Ive noticed that the game gump while u are playing the game, it sometimes disapears right when your opponents turn begins as your menu goes down and theres comes up right when it starts to server save. Maybe make it so whoever is playing doesnt get game in progress when they hit stone, instead makes there menu refresh?

Arya

Wanderer
Sorry Hades, I don't understand what's the issue exactly. Can you explain it with more detail please? *feels dumb* :p

The game gump should be displayed at all times, except when a player disconnects.

HadesUO

Wanderer
Ok you know when your turns ends, well sometimes the menu will disapear during a save when control switchs to oponent and only way to get it back is to reconnect to shard.

HadesUO

Wanderer
During the save you lose a targetting cursor and you lose the menu. So you cannot make a move or anything. Also if it isnt the person whos turn it is when you recconect it wont come back unless they do.

Arya

Wanderer
Uhm... this is tricky to handle. I honestly have no clue what kind of interaction with the save could lead to the gump not being sent. I guess that giving users a keyword to restore the game if something goes wrong is the best idea. I'm accepting suggestions on this one.