RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old School Items, Lost to UO

Neofrost

Sorceror
can you still kill umbra guards for black halberds? and can you still get the items that spawn after each server down? :\

sordican

Sorceror
Found this on Markeedragon! :) aah.. the memories.

And of course the infamous house-looting bug from the time when there were no secures, lockdowns or private homes. Meaning that you could have a friend kill you on the doorstep of a house, get him to res you, take one step forward before you clicked ok (through the door), then loot until you were as fatigued as an overloaded miner! :D

Yes I remember hiding my house key - deep deep deep inside my backpack - so a thief couldnt snoop and steal it with out taking alot of crap out of the way.

irro

Page
Bone contairs that used to be rares.... lol

i miss the old uo (right up intill my account was hacked) all those rares..

Kwwres10

Wanderer
-FRED VS. BOB WARS (It ate your babies)
-The Abyss
-PKing with the Cookie Monster ( A.K.A. Richard Gariott :eek: )
-Killing Jwilsons. I hated that bastard for calling UO "Coaster of the Year".
-Being able to own with a Dagger, a deathrobe and some bandaids.
-Bad Memory: Getting a Silver, Surprassingly Accurate, Indestructable, Vanquishing Hally, then blessing it with my item blessed deed, only to log on the next day and see that Hallys were Uber Nerfed.
-EM Quests.
-WATCHING LORD BRITISH DIE TO A FIRE FIELD ON DAY ONE. lol. A FIRE FIELD!
-Being one of the few people ever to use a throwable Newspaper. Richard Gariott showed me it. I got to throw it at him. LOL.
-Hiding, then bitch slapping miners on thier way back to town. Then killing a bird and hiding all thier ingots/ore on the birds corpse. :D
-RIDABLE LLAMAS FROM T2A! The best thing to ever happen to UO.
-Looking at ImaNewbie comics. If you have not seen ONE ImaNewbie comic, you are not a UO Veteran.
-Plated00d and Bonedewd Comics.
-VIKING SWORDS AT DAY ONE! It was like 2 hit kills w/ viking sword. Now I am like... "Dude... I miss Viking swords", and people from Barneyland are like "WTF IS A VIKING SWORD!?"
-When Tavu's Hack Ninja Actually WORKED. Gawd that was awesome. That wasn't too long ago though.
-Precast! :D
-Nox Mages. When they were "the cool guy" template. :cool:
-When EA left UO alone.

Thats all I can think of as of now. Sorry. =P

-NoX

Lord Nemesis

Wanderer
*sigh* Miss those days, We made coal on my shard, have to kill a vicious elemental that spawns every now and then to earn it, but it's worth it.

LNM_TNB

Wanderer
danknight21 said:
get a gorrile (by inticing him to the tailors), bring him to the tailors in serpents hold, provoke the untamed gorrile to attack the cobbler (all npc's where blue) the guards would kill you but not the gorrile and the gorrile would kill the cobbler, one in every like 30 - 50 cobblers spawns wearing black sandals.

:)

We used to go to south Jhelom tailor shop, run to the docks cast fire field but leave the cursor, then run to the tailors and click near the NPC and burn 'em to death to get their sandals. I miss all that stuff too. Especially the moonstones instead of being able to recall and gate from felucca to trammel.

I also miss putting on all my rare items and getting guard whacked when the server stopped saving to watch all the newbs run like crazy to grab it all lol

irro

Page
Before the trade menu... selling a house and then when the gusy goes in.. all your buddise unhide and PK him.. and then he finds out he gave you his money for no house...

orpheus

Sorceror
Kwwres10 said:
I thought the coal trick was STILL a secret, BUDDY. Thanks for blowing it. :mad:

JK.
-NoX

Psh, like it matters. I wish black dye tubs were still made from coal.
and really rare. but it seems all the majority of players want is a shard
that they can be uber in 2 seconds and hang out at brit bank with a giant
dye room and a server incumbered with artifacts.