RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old School Items, Lost to UO

Kwwres10

Wanderer
How very sad and true. And all the shards that claim to be "fairplay" *cough* Morcull *cough*, aren't anymore. Not any longer. I have made a balanced + tested shard.
I test each item for 3 hours before I release it.

Its a pity where these 26 player shards are going.
-NoX

imanewb

Wanderer
Lets see, you guys want some old school stuff? Lemme think. I played Cats since it first came up, until about a year ago.

No all names.
Hiding inside the shadow of another player, so a monster couldnt see you.
No lockdown limit.
Placing houses on uneven terrain on top of books.
The ore bug where you smelt from trade window. I cleaned up on that one.
Nightmares running through house doors.
Mib's without serpents.
No arrows to controll your skills. Walk past a campfire, gain camping without a choice and lose your gm.
No controll slot's. Could have as many drags as you wanted, but they would get out of control and turn on you.
Mystic llama herder's. Which I ran into. He changed from human into a purple llama that sounded and hit like a dragon.
Server wars.
Recalling while red.
Perma-grey.
The vendor buy, where you changed the price of your items at the last minute and got mega bucks from players, lol.
The black hole duping bug. A bug in which OSI's economy still hasnt recovered from.
Could switch back and forth from chaos/order immediatly.
Swordsmanship was the bomb. And halberds owned.
When you didnt get the t2a version, people who rode llama's looked like they were riding nothing.
The origonal chest type loging screen.

And thats it for now, im to tired to think of anymore, hehe.

Joeku

Lord
Wow... sounds like OSI was (and is still) really buggy... glad I never played it. Glad that RunUO doesn't have bugs, too.

RUNUO ROXXOR

Killamus

Knight
What was the black hole duping bug, and how did it work? Its nice to know these things, incase you want to implement them into a shard... :]

Joeku

Lord
Killamus said:
What was the black hole duping bug, and how did it work? Its nice to know these things, incase you want to implement them into a shard... :]
You would implement a bug into your shard? Why?

L

Loverboy

it would make it interesting if you could replace a diffrent bug every month...make the shard more enjoyable

ssalter

Account Terminated
Joeku said:
Wow... sounds like OSI was (and is still) really buggy... glad I never played it. Glad that RunUO doesn't have bugs, too.

Do you run a server? Do you read the forums? Have you browsed through www.runuo.com/bugs? Runuo has tons of bugs and partially completed code. It still rocks though.

Joeku

Lord
ssalter said:
Do you run a server? Do you read the forums? Have you browsed through www.runuo.com/bugs? Runuo has tons of bugs and partially completed code. It still rocks though.
I don't run a server. I can't access the bug place for some reason... oh well. I haven't heard of any bugs though :D and yes it still rox.

irro

Page
On one patch, if you walked through a gate and at the same time closed out the client, when you logged back in you would have duped everything in your bag. and you would have 2 of every item. Like a million gold check, then you have 2 one million gold checks.

Heh, when I used to play on my brothers account I managed to get a practice weapon. Didn't really know how rare it was or anything, seeing as it was the very first time I played UO.

I remember walking into places with my complete n00b necro, and just casting Animate Dead on every damn Titan I saw! Damn was that fun... I wish my shard had enough players to do stuff like that :\ lol

irro

Page
IHaveRegistered said:
Heh, when I used to play on my brothers account I managed to get a practice weapon. Didn't really know how rare it was or anything, seeing as it was the very first time I played UO.

I remember walking into places with my complete n00b necro, and just casting Animate Dead on every damn Titan I saw! Damn was that fun... I wish my shard had enough players to do stuff like that :\ lol

Everyone starts with practice weapons.. they suck

msondey89

Wanderer
kinda

they are kinda rare now. OSI stopped giveing them out but there are still alot of them left (most are on the accounts that are just sitting there with no time left on them lol) i have a few of them on one of my accounts..... lol

sicron

Sorceror
Ok heres another one from right around t2a...remember being able to place a forge on a boat by using a fur or something on the deck and placing it over top of that...also the fun of finding others who had done it and being able to smash it with an axe :D
Also portable forges in your backpack...not sure how it was done as the one I had I looted from a guy that came through a moongate poisoned and almost dead so I pretended that I was casting heal but was out of regs...he died waiting for the cure and he had a ton of other semis on him...what a good day that was:)

irro

Page
sicron said:
Ok heres another one from right around t2a...remember being able to place a forge on a boat by using a fur or something on the deck and placing it over top of that...also the fun of finding others who had done it and being able to smash it with an axe :D
Also portable forges in your backpack...not sure how it was done as the one I had I looted from a guy that came through a moongate poisoned and almost dead so I pretended that I was casting heal but was out of regs...he died waiting for the cure and he had a ton of other semis on him...what a good day that was:)

so mean...

but i once traded 3 muffins for a small marble workshop in trammel.. at the time it was a 500k house.. whcih was a ton of money

I told him they were rare because they had the graphic of 5 muffins.. i still feel bad about that

Lysdexic

Sorceror
XxSP1DERxX said:
Irro I think that gate bug only applied through server border lines.

You're right, only worked on lines. Another one was getting killed at the same exact time you entered/exited Ice Dungeon when it was first put in. If you did it right, you died on both sides and could loot both bodies.

PappaSmurf

Knight
My favorites

Having a character with high stealth and hiding and collecting insecure trades in the back room of brit bank

When the Bug came out where NPCs wouldn't call for guards for Fire Fields in town but the person turned grey and having my stealth mage in the tailor shops waiting to call guards after they looted those black sandals since you couldn't loot blues in Tram

Using Blade spirits and Energy Vortexs to take a new character to 3x GM in under 3 hours
Taking turns on a boat doing 8x8 with a ghost to GM healing

Geting a couple 100 summon deamon scrolls together and 4 friends and working Resist while on a boat and them on shore having the summoed deamons attack you.

Recalling to the 1x1 tile under Magacina Bank and starting conversations to listen to the folks start arguing over if they were going nuts or was UO screwing up

Announcing to folks that I was opening a gate to Wyvern Island and then going after and dispelling it and hiding then collecting their stuff.

Stealthing through Despise till I got to the Posion Elemental area and waiting on that Silver Vanq weapon to *turn* up when someone died.

Used to have these ingots that when you clicked on them to check the quanity it said 0 had them in about 5 different ores. I asked one of the Design team members where they came from and the reply I got was "Wtf?"

You know one thing I always hated that the majority got away with complaining to EA about things they've been told not to do like inscure trades and yet they change the code to prevent those of us that pick up what were considered useless skills and managed to make a success of it.

There was a dupe bug involving Moonstones... =P

There is another Dupe bug at the moment too. Again with server lines and a full bank.... =P